27 replies to this topic

#21 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

Another point to consider is which variants of the Zeus could be available (based on timeline and tech appropriateness):
  • ZEU-5T: x1 ERPPC (LA), x1 ERLL (LT), x2 MLas (LT, CT), Artemis-LRM-15 (RA); FF and DHS
  • ZEU-5S: x1 UAC/5 (LA), x1 ERLL (LT), x2 MLas (LT, CT), Artemis-LRM-15 (RA); DHS
  • ZEU-6S: x1 AC/5 (LA), x1 LLas (LT), x2 MLas (LT, CT), LRM-15 (RA)
  • ZEU-6T: x1 PPC (LA), x1 LL (LT), x2 MLas (LT, CT), LRM-15 (RA)
  • ZEU-9S: x1 ERPPC (LA), x1 ERLL (LT), x2 MPLas (LT, CT), CASE (RT), LRM-15 (RA); FF and DHS
  • ZEU-9S-DC: x1 ERPPC (LA), x1 ERLL (LT), x2 MPLas (LT, CT), Command Console (HD), CASE (RT), LRM-15 (RA); FF and DHS
All variant mass 80 tons and have a top speed of 64.8 kph.

None of the variants are jump-capable, nor do they normally mount AMS, BAP, or ECM.
Though, the latter is unlikely to affect the ability to equip AMS or BAP, and the existence of a two -DC variants (the 9S-DC linked above, and the ZEU-6S-DC variant that sacrifices one of the Medium Lasers) could indicate the possibility of an ECM-capable variant.

Acording to the record sheets in RS:3039U (pgs. 249-252 of the 500-page PDF), none of the ZEU-5T, ZEU-5S, ZEU-6S, or ZEU-6T variants possess Hand Actuators, though all possess Lower Arm Actuators in both arms.

If the Zeus were to be implemented in MWO, I would imagine that it would be the ZEU-6S and/or ZEU-6S-DC (the "basic/default variant(s)"), the ZEU-9S and/or ZEU-9S-DC ("the 3050 variant(s)"), and the ZEU-6T that would be implemented.

The -5S could be easily built from the minimum required hardpoints of the -6S (with the latter being the most common variant), and the -5T could be easily built from the minimum required hardpoints of both the -6T (the other Succession Wars variant) and the -9S (the "recovered LosTech" variant).
Moreover, the -9S could be easily built from the -9S-DC & vice versa (by removing/adding the Command Console and adding/removing a DHS), and the -6S & -6S-DC share the same relationship.

Thoughts?

#22 Valensoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationReady Aim Fire

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

yeah true and the phoenix pack battlemaster one can be configured some like a zeus to an extent yeah give us a zeus please and ty

#23 CrashieJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

View PostSgtMagor, on 21 October 2013 - 03:24 AM, said:

I want PGI to add every IS mech they possibly can, especially the Banshee, and in the future Akuma, and Albatross. every mech can be made a little different due to the quirks they add.

the problem though is the fact that they are too "skinly" with a Call of Duty character with a different paintjob.

they tried Quirks, but stopped either because it was "game breaking" or they thought it was too difficult to do and stopped HALFWAY

#24 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

View PostDI3T3R, on 21 October 2013 - 03:34 AM, said:

We have enough Mechs for now. I'd prefer some background- and campaign-feeling.

Enough for now...but eventually, it'd be cool if they get them all in.

But yeah, I agree, I'd rather have more immersion and gameplay elements added first.

#25 Valensoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationReady Aim Fire

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

all hail thunder thighed mechs crushing buildings

#26 RazorbeastFXK3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:07 AM

After looking through the mech listings I finally figured out that the Zeus was piloted by Colonel Holly Harris in the opening cinematic of Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries.

mwomercs's COM-1B is the COM-7X which was the mech we started out in MW2:M and the CPLT-C is the same Catapult Sergeant "Dead-Eye" Unther piloted with its LRM15 x2 and Medium Lasers x4.

So I don't see why we couldn't have the Zeus to play with in mwomercs.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Zeus

#27 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,605 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

Oh please yes, I want the Zeus in the game. House Steiner needs its faction mech. The Davions have their Victors and Jagermechs, the Liaos have their Vindicators, Ravens, and Cataphracts, the Mariks have their Orions and Awesomes, and Kurtians have their Dragons and Jenners. So I really want the Zeus to be in this game.

Edited by Will9761, 25 August 2014 - 12:21 PM.

#28 Ens

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:40 AM

yeah...it´s about time!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users