2 replies to this topic

#1 Airborne Thunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFiddler's Green

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

Hot robot on robot action is awesome but I feel like the game could be so much more. I wish there were NPC infantry running around shooting at each other. I want to be swarmed by a Star of Elementals. I want to see a Behemoth tank and think "ugh oh". I want to feel like I am in a real battle with chaos going on around me. Heck, even in Mech Warrior 3 you could stomp on infantry and leave a bloody skid mark. We have air strikes and artillery and although they are rarely used I think they are great. I want to be able to call in a swarm of Elementals on you and I want you to be able to call them in on me. I want to be pounded with small pulse lasers and streaks until I smash each and every one of them into meat patties. I want at the start of the match to have all different types of non playable armored vehicles already engaged in combat across the battlefield. Perhaps we can accomplish this epic battle feel by allowing every player 1 "support" slot in which they can choose to bring 1 of the following with them into battle:

Infantry

An Armored platoon

Power Armored Infantry (Elementals)

Aero fighters

Artillery

Rotary Aircraft

Land Mine Dispenser

Scout Vehicles

Etc.

Each of these "support" packages would cost C-Bills and would last the entire match or until destroyed. Things like Artillery and Aircraft would slowly recharge and could be used multiple times per match. This could be a seperate game mode like Assault and Conquest. If you wanted to play the way it is now you could or if you wanted to play this "epic" mode you could do that too. This game has the potential to be so much more and I'm afraid that if the only thing we can do in the future is rehash the same types of builds on only cosmetically different looking chassis the game could become dull. I want to play this game for years and I want the battles to feel like they are taking place on more that a barren planet with the only inhabitants being giant walking robots. Although that in itself is pretty awesome.

Edited by Airborne Thunder, 25 October 2013 - 12:33 PM.

#2 ShotgunWillie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

We already have Aero fighters and artillery, although we don't actually see them when used, but you know that already.

As for the rest of the stuff, yes it would be cool, but let's get UI 2.0 and Community Warfare in place first, 'kay? Oh, and no elementals until clans come, which won't happen before May, at least, and I'm not holding my breath for that just yet, either.

#3 Oppresor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, England

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

Airborne Thunder, I love your vision, you are obviously a Mech 3 veteran like myself. I to miss the infantry and the Elementals and would really like to see them make an appearance in MWO. I really like your idea for having them as a C-Bill consumable support package; I don't think anyone else has thought of this yet. They could be used to support other immersive tasks like guarding the resource collectors or maybe even re-arming sites where Patron Loaders would frantically work to reload Catapults. The logical development from the Elementals was last seen in MechAssault 2 and was absolutely awesome:

.Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users