#1 HybridTheory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 281 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

The topic title says it all... though I'm sure it has at least crossed many minds, perhaps even been posted before by now... I just feel that a Raven hero with said name would be awesome.
Something with Jump Jets... maybe 4 energy 1 missile.... or 2 energy 3 missile....?

No ECM.... or.... maybe.... ECM....??? :)

In any case, regardless of the hardpoints and loadout.... this should definately happen!

#2 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

agreed, although if its going to have ECM and JJs, which I think it should... the hardpoints should be a little more rounded. Maybe 2 E, 2 B, 2 M. seems fair enough.

#3 Destoroyah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 301 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

If the nevermore did have JJ and ECM it would probaly have the 265 max engine. The trick with the loadout is to design it in such a way it doesn't seem like a better direct copy of the other ravens.

I'd say a 2E 2B 2M setup yes it gots 1 weapon more then any other raven. Where it deverges from the others is all the weapons are torso mounted so it can't take advantage of the arm flexability and the missle tubes would be retricted to 2 for srms 2 and 4 and 3 tube for srm6, lrms would all be 5 tube limit so all missle ranks above the lowest ranks of each category will have to volley fire. As for the set up probaly be 1 missle and 1 energy each side torso with the 2 ballistic in the CT.

A paintjob with dark colors and maybe the phrase Qouth The Raven... on one side of the nose and NEVERMORE on the other side. Maybe a scratch mark on one side of the cockpit like it got scratched by a talon wopuld be cool too.

#4 Walks_In_Circles

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 102 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

I would buy this.

#5 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

This was done as an April Fools joke for the 1st week of April patch notes.
http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

#6 Christof Romulus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 898 posts
  • LocationAS7-D(F), GRF-1N(P)

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

This should be under the suggestions forum.

#7 DelRico

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

I LOVE this idea. His skin could be something similar to the snake pattern, but in feathers, all in black and blue, grey legs.... Should be beauteful!

#8 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:37 AM

6 MG's, and nothing else. Because MG's are the best weapon in the game. /hint sarcasm

#9 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:45 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 31 October 2013 - 05:37 AM, said:

6 MG's, and nothing else. Because MG's are the best weapon in the game. /hint sarcasm

I heard the 6 MG Spider does unimaginable things to the back of an Atlas!

#10 Scrapper

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:31 PM

The Raven Does NOT deserve a Hero Version, Personally, I believe it should be the start of a new series "The Villain" and the Nevermore design looks perfect, though perhaps it should take -20% C-bill penalty, after all it is a Villain! But as a variant to the Champion Mech's +10% XP bonus, I'd give it a +40% GPX factor, as Villains should have all the skill to slither away to strike again another day!

#11 ogy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 119 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:02 AM

Just add a little more armor to the legs and fix the hit boxes ... viola HERO RAVEN.

#12 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:11 AM

View PostScrapper, on 14 March 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:

The Raven Does NOT deserve a Hero Version, Personally, I believe it should be the start of a new series "The Villain" and the Nevermore design looks perfect, though perhaps it should take -20% C-bill penalty, after all it is a Villain! But as a variant to the Champion Mech's +10% XP bonus, I'd give it a +40% GPX factor, as Villains should have all the skill to slither away to strike again another day!

Posted Image

Necro aside, the Raven should have a hero just like any other mech. Are you still clinging to bottled-up hatred of the mech from the lagshield days? Those days are long passed, the Raven is now "meh" as far as lights go, with Jenners and Firestarters being the top dogs.

Edited by FupDup, 15 March 2014 - 06:12 AM.

#13 Simbacca

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 797 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:06 AM

View PostDestoroyah, on 30 October 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

If the nevermore did have JJ and ECM it would probaly have the 265 max engine. The trick with the loadout is to design it in such a way it doesn't seem like a better direct copy of the other ravens. I'd say a 2E 2B 2M setup yes it gots 1 weapon more then any other raven. Where it deverges from the others is all the weapons are torso mounted so it can't take advantage of the arm flexability and the missle tubes would be retricted to 2 for srms 2 and 4 and 3 tube for srm6, lrms would all be 5 tube limit so all missle ranks above the lowest ranks of each category will have to volley fire. As for the set up probaly be 1 missle and 1 energy each side torso with the 2 ballistic in the CT. A paintjob with dark colors and maybe the phrase Qouth The Raven... on one side of the nose and NEVERMORE on the other side. Maybe a scratch mark on one side of the cockpit like it got scratched by a talon wopuld be cool too.

Conversely we could go a different route:
Left Arm: 1 Energy
Left Torso: 1 Missile
Right Torso: 1 Missile
Right Arm: 1 Energy
ECM: Yes
AMS: Yes
Jump Jets: 4
Max Engine: 325

So we have a highly flexible and fast design that is not overly too powerful.

#14 BP Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

View PostSimbacca, on 15 March 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

Conversely we could go a different route:
Left Arm: 1 Energy
Left Torso: 1 Missile
Right Torso: 1 Missile
Right Arm: 1 Energy
ECM: Yes
AMS: Yes
Jump Jets: 4
Max Engine: 325

So we have a highly flexible and fast design that is not overly too powerful.

...Except that a 19 ton engine in a 35 ton mech wouldn't allow any offensive armament much beyond harsh language, especially if JJs, ammo and ECM need to be wedged in there too.

#15 Varent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWest Coast - United States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:14 PM

View PostHybridTheory, on 29 October 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

The topic title says it all... though I'm sure it has at least crossed many minds, perhaps even been posted before by now... I just feel that a Raven hero with said name would be awesome.
Something with Jump Jets... maybe 4 energy 1 missile.... or 2 energy 3 missile....?

No ECM.... or.... maybe.... ECM....??? :D

In any case, regardless of the hardpoints and loadout.... this should definately happen!

ya know... I dont think there is currently any 4 ballistic 2 missle mechs out there is there?

4 machine gun, 2 streaks, ecm, jump jets.

It would be pretty fun, totally reliant on ammo but pretty fun and very unique I think.

#16 Simbacca

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 797 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:00 AM

View PostBP Raven, on 15 March 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

...Except that a 19 ton engine in a 35 ton mech wouldn't allow any offensive armament much beyond harsh language, especially if JJs, ammo and ECM need to be wedged in there too.

That assumes the player goes for both the max engine and jump jets when customizing their mech.

#17 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 888 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:00 AM

I would love to see a hero Raven. If one hero mech were to ever have ECM, I think the Raven would be it since it is the premiere electronic warfare mech in its time.

On the other hand, a Hero mech with ECM, just imagine the flood of posts about 'Pay-2-Win'.

#18 Alex Warden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:53 PM

View PostDestoroyah, on 30 October 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

If the nevermore did have JJ and ECM it would probaly have the 265 max engine. The trick with the loadout is to design it in such a way it doesn't seem like a better direct copy of the other ravens.

I'd say a 2E 2B 2M setup yes it gots 1 weapon more then any other raven. Where it deverges from the others is all the weapons are torso mounted so it can't take advantage of the arm flexability and the missle tubes would be retricted to 2 for srms 2 and 4 and 3 tube for srm6, lrms would all be 5 tube limit so all missle ranks above the lowest ranks of each category will have to volley fire. As for the set up probaly be 1 missle and 1 energy each side torso with the 2 ballistic in the CT.

A paintjob with dark colors and maybe the phrase Qouth The Raven... on one side of the nose and NEVERMORE on the other side. Maybe a scratch mark on one side of the cockpit like it got scratched by a talon wopuld be cool too.

where can i buy it ? ^_^

#19 A Man In A Can

• 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:24 PM

Posted Image

#20 kesuga7

• 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

Posted Image
don't expect a ecm hero for many years

perhaps

1 energy , 2 missle , 4 ballistic?
No ECM with a limit of 2 jumpjets

Torso weapons would makke it harder to use over the 4x?
or arm mounted weapons because having only 1 energy hardpoint

Edited by kesuga7, 17 March 2014 - 09:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users