- - - - -

Hit Box - Plan Of Action (Update Dec 19)

5 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

Due to the speed at which the last patch and the upcoming patch had to rush through testing, the hit-box adjustments will be following this next patch coming up. I've been reading through the various threads and am investigating all issues I come across.

I will update you all on any progress on a Mech-by-Mech basis as they are fixed/changed PRIOR (yes.. big promise) to it going live so you'll know what's coming down the pipe.

Please don't feel that I've lowered the priority on this, we just want to make sure we take a good close look at the hit boxes and test any changes thoroughly. Hit boxes are very high priority on my plate right now so please stay tuned.

-Paul

PS: Feedback goes here!

#2 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

UPDATE (Nov 4):

First on deck:
- Awesome
- Atlas
- Orion
- ..... and the SPIDER! :P

Just keeping my promise to you that I'd keep you up to date. The first wave of tuning will appear in the mid-Nov patch.

One of the more notable things we're doing is splitting the pelvis into more appropriate sections. Imagine that we've given these Mechs thongs to wear. The thong still applies to CT (front or back), but the majority of the pelvic area will now go to the left and right leg.

Clarification:
Remember.. this is hit box tuning. As in when a Mech registers damage, it goes to the appropriate component on the Mech. This has nothing to do with hit detection which is part of HSR and is being investigated on a different development train.

#3 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:16 AM

UPDATE (Nov 14)

You will see the first pass at the above specified Mechs on the Nov 19th patch.

I just want to clairify one other thing. The above Mechs are NOT the only ones being looked at. ALL Mechs will be undergoing this evaluation and any updates will be released in packs like above. I guess you could say "no one is safe from the thong!" :wub:

Please remember.. it's a thong.. not that banana hammock illustrated in the feedback thread. :wacko:

#4 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

UPDATE (Nov 20)

As per promise.. here are the next Mechs up for hitbox tuning:

Centurion
Cicada
Trebuchet
and....

wait for it...

THE DRAGON

Numbers will be released closer to these changes being patched in. First round internal testing begins tomorrow.

#5 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

UPDATE (Dec 9)

Due to the number of new Mechs being pushed out this upcoming patch, the hitboxes were unfortunately skipped this patch. However, for the next patch, the next 4 Mechs being investigated are...

Jagermech
Cataphract
Blackjack
Stalker

These updates should be in the first patch of the new year. Sorry for the delay.

#6 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:18 AM

UPDATE (Dec 19)

*dons a fireproof suit*

Due to unforeseen private matters, the artist I work with was away for a week. Yes, this means a delay in the hit boxes again. However, we just finished the updates and they HAVE been checked into the build and is guaranteed for the Jan 21st build. In addition, we've investigated 2 additional Mechs on top of the regular 4. The full list is now:
  • Jagermech (Pelvis area split for leg/CT distribution, more of the shoulder added to the arms)
  • Cataphract (Pelvis area split for leg/CT distribution, Rear center torso reduced by 20%, more shoulder added to arms)
  • Blackjack (Pelvis area split for leg/CT distribution, Rear L/R torsos increased by 15% reducing the Rear CT size)
  • Stalker (Pelvis area split for leg/CT distribution, Front CT increased by 5% but will be gaining more protection from the side torsos, Waist area split to distribute damage across the torsos instead of all CT)
Plus the:
  • Kintaro (CT reduced by 10%, shoulder area added to arms increasing arm hitboxes by approximately 10%)
  • Catapult (Pelvis area split for leg/CT distribution, increased the size of leg penetrating the hip by 5%, head hitbox reduced by 20% (yes it was that oversized) )

Again sorry for the delay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users