37 replies to this topic

#21 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

I love their proposed omni-mech rules. It's a very canon-friendly way to balance them.

Weapon balance will wind up being a wait-and-see. However, I suspect IS players won't be able to use Clan mechs and Clan players won't be able to use IS mechs. I assume people will either be able to switch factions pretty easily (say, visiting the website like you can now), or players will have an IS pilot and a Clan pilot and can switch between them (and their respective mech bays) at will.

IIRC there should also be no cross-tech usage. No cERPPCs on IS Awesomes or what have you.

#22 Commander Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

The only thing standing between me and the 240$ package is the fragility of the mechs (seems a lot of clan mechs tend to be lighter on armor) the lack luster customisation (I thought it was the clans not the IS that had the heavy customisation) and whether or not Clan XL is able to survive missing one of the ST or not.

Edit:ok not lack of customisation rather the restraint on it.

Edited by Omni 13, 14 December 2013 - 07:09 PM.

#23 Sifulch

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 62 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

I'm sorry but I can not justify spending $240 on a game that up to now just doesn't seem to deliver on what was promised. Once CW is implemented and we can SEE how the Clan Mechs play in game I will be holding onto my $$.

Also don't get this post wrong I really like the game and all and I still play but I think it's still lacking big time in areas.

I can also tell you 90% of my clan of 200+ people feel the same.

Edited by Sifulch, 14 December 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#24 Davis Early

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Limbo

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:31 PM

Ok, so, does anyone know where to look to get explanations of the following:

What the H-E-double hockey sticks is a Warhorn? And what is a Custom Title???? The other accessories I can figue out, but the FAQ has nothing on this (gee, plus a lot of other things, like what were they thinking bringing the Clans up before they delivered on what they've supposedly been working on...)

What does a Golden Khan get me? Since it's already priced up around the fee I'd pay for a really good date, I'd expect to get something special (gee, at least a nude poster of Natasha Kerensky...), but once again, no, nope game boi, you gotta wait to find out after you shell out the money. And wait six months no less. Geez, PGI, you're still supposed to be courting me here, stop acting like we're married. Time to show a little more skin and a bit more straightforward information. What does the Golden Kahn encompass? 'Cuz, you know, you're just simply asking for $500 like a street walker standing under a flickering lamp right now.

And finally, IF, and only if, I decide to get one of these packages, is there another forum badge associated with this money grab or will I not get the chance to show everyone in here that I was fool enough to pony up the $740 to get the Golden Stormcrow? Which I'm betting at least involves something using a Ice Ferret and a par of foreceps, but hey surprise me, baby. I'd love to know what you're thinking, since I sure wasn't expecting any of THIS until, oh, say, 2015, you know?

#25 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

One assumes a custom title is a title that applies to your forum account.

As for the warhorn, it could be anything from a Mounted item to a consumable module or even a decal for your mechs.

As for the Golden Khan stuff, from what I can tell its extras are pretty much the same as the high-tier Clan package but with a single mech and a nifty golden skin (in other words, super bling vanity paint for true high-rollers). If you want mechs and such, go with the normal kit. Golden Khan is pure bragging rights (and will likely paint a huge target on your head whenever you drop in the thing).

#26 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

View PostJonal, on 14 December 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

EDIT: When can I change my allegiance to Clan Jade Falcon?!?

Seyla!

#27 Sean von Steinike

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

Not interested. No community warfare yet, still just a few maps and game modes, no UI2.0....heck they don't even have all the Phoenix stuff released yet.

#28 Sifulch

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 62 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:12 AM

Look this game isn't Bea anymore and still they come up with this pay now get later ********, grow up PGI.

#29 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:42 AM

I think warhorns where once mentioned as a way to customize you're mech

I can't find the post I'm remembering now, but I think it talked about being able to change the look of you're mech further (like different looking ct's) and I think warhorns where mentioned in there as well

I'm thinking here like actual horns on top a mech, or flags n such

Also I'm not seeing anywhere mentioned that if I buy a golden Timber Wolf, that I get anything more than one mech that is gold plated, e.g. I don't see it say with 2 more variants and what kind of tier of additional clan mechs (or any at all) I get

#30 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:02 AM

I'll bite, there is at least 10 dollars I won't regret spending no matter what for this game.

At least the Sarah's Jenner went to a good cause.

#31 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:19 AM

Not buying anything until CW is completely implemented and released. I've spent enough on PGI promises. I've got Overlord Phoenix premium time rotting away because I can't be bothered to log in to boring match after boring match with no overall objective.

#32 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

Talked to the support

If you buy a golden mech, then you only get one golden mech, not 2 variants or a clan package as well.

#33 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:23 AM

Support contacted me again and told me that a clan package will be bundled with the golden mech
And that the golden mechs are actually limited in number

#34 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:47 AM

View PostSifulch, on 15 December 2013 - 12:12 AM, said:

Look this game isn't Beta anymore and still they come up with this pay now get later ********, grow up PGI.

This, while most companies tend to invest money in creating a product hoping to make a profit and recoup the production costs once it hits the shelves PGI seems to strongly prefer the minimal viable product approach hoping to get the money now and crank out the goods later.

(Of course with $500 gold mechs they have some very high hopes. :) )

#35 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:27 AM

Dont worry people they will end up delaying it for another 3 or 6 months to change them right before release, which at that point over half the current players will likely just rage uninstall.

#36 Darkwing_Duck

• PipPip
  • Sergeant
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:22 AM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 19 December 2013 - 05:27 AM, said:

Dont worry people they will end up delaying it for another 3 or 6 months to change them right before release, which at that point over half the current players will likely just rage uninstall.

not that you are jaded or anything...

#37 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:38 AM

From what they have said so far this seems like it is going to be a mix tech game all over again. I hope they get private servers available soon so we can have some proper play.

#38 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

Honestly I think it is a good deal (compared to your other packages).
  • 10 bucks per Mech
  • 90 days of premium (between 2 and 13 thousand MC)
  • 8 Badges (limited edition, unknown value)
  • 8 Titles (limited edition, unknown value)
  • Signed concept art (limited edition, not much value)
  • 4 Cockpit items (anywhere between 2-4 thousand MC)
  • All 24 Mechbays with the Mechs (7200 MC)
  • 8 Warhorns (whatever that is, unknown value)
  • 4 Unique-to-buyers bonus modules (semi-high value)

Edited by DavidHurricane, 11 January 2014 - 04:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users