#21 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:33 AM

View PostGRiPSViGiL, on 18 December 2013 - 05:31 AM, said:

Going OB still registers a death.

Really? I've never done it myself, but I've seen multiple players do it while explicitly saying ‘it's to protect my kdr’ Of course those people may well have been wrong. ;)

#22 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:34 AM

When the time runs out the team with most mechs wins so evading and picking and choosing your engagements is totally acceptable in skrimish mode.

Be prepared to be in game for 15 mins or don't drop.

Edited by GRiPSViGiL, 18 December 2013 - 05:35 AM.

#23 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:37 AM

View PostUite Dauphni, on 18 December 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

You did notice that little word ‘OR’, didn't you?

Yup

• Winning conditions:
    • Destroy all enemy 'Mechs
    • On time out most kills wins
Which is mentioned in the Skirmish victory conditions. But as I have said, If a player is the last player left, can go hide so long as they have engaged the enemy. Sorry man but you are playing a combat game, and in combat it is stupid to fight to the last man. Suck it up buttercups, you wanted a non cap scenario and now you have it. The more experienced players warned you this would happen and they have been proven right. Reap what you have sown!

View PostUite Dauphni, on 18 December 2013 - 05:33 AM, said:

Really? I've never done it myself, but I've seen multiple players do it while explicitly saying ‘it's to protect my kdr’ Of course those people may well have been wrong. ;)

It's called surrendering. Running OoB is accepting defeat in a mature fashion. Not everyone will walk out in front of the enemy and die in a heroic (and stupid) last stand... like me!

#24 Mogney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 492 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSt. Louis

"Failing to engage the enemy" is not the same as "Failing to suicidally charge into an overwhelming force" If the light pilot was battling when it was still a game, then he did in fact engage the enemy.

I have run away to try and survive before as the last light mech alive. If the enemy stays in a big huge ball of mechs and I have no chance at a fight, then I am going to make them earn that last kill darnit. They can cap it out, or they can spread out and hunt me down, which gives me a chance to get another kill or two. ;) If I charge into a giant murderball it will just be a quick end, no fun at all.

The game has a 15 minute timer, sometimes matches will last 15 minutes and thats ok.

Having said that, I am pretty certain I will never play in this lame game mode, so you don't have to worry about me :D

#25 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

View PostRushin Roulette, on 18 December 2013 - 05:32 AM, said:

What if that lone shut down mech already engaged and fought dealing damage? That rule can be interpreted more to fight the bots which were rampant at the start of the game (log in, run somehere without shooting and die/shut down/disconnect). If the player damages an enemy mech or relays targetign information he already participated in the match and therefore that rule does not apply.

Note the use of the phrasing ‘fails’ which is simple present, which implies a continuousness of action. If that is not the intent behind that statement, it really needs to be reworded to accurately represent its intention.

#26 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:38 AM

View PostUite Dauphni, on 18 December 2013 - 05:37 AM, said:

Note the use of the phrasing ‘fails’ which is simple present, which implies a continuousness of action. If that is not the intent behind that statement, it really needs to be reworded to accurately represent its intention.

SO now we are being forced to be Clan Warriors following Zellbrigen?

#27 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:39 AM

View PostUite Dauphni, on 18 December 2013 - 05:37 AM, said:

Nope. Fails means not at all. If it were as you wrote it, then the rules would have to include the word "continuously"

#28 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:41 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 18 December 2013 - 05:39 AM, said:

Nope. Fails means not at all. If it were as you wrote it, then the rules would have to include the word "continuously"

Exactly cause this allows a player to Take cover when being rained on.

#29 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:42 AM

ITT: A bunch of lawyers/barristers.

#30 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:44 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 18 December 2013 - 05:37 AM, said:

Which is mentioned in the Skirmish victory conditions. But as I have said, If a player is the last player left, can go hide so long as they have engaged the enemy. Sorry man but you are playing a combat game, and in combat it is stupid to fight to the last man. Suck it up buttercups, you wanted a non cap scenario and now you have it. The more experienced players warned you this would happen and they have been proven right. Reap what you have sown!
You really have problems with reading comprehension. All I'm saying is that there are rules, and people are not following them. Please go back to elementary school to brush up on your education.

#31 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:52 AM

View PostUite Dauphni, on 18 December 2013 - 05:44 AM, said:

You really have problems with reading comprehension. All I'm saying is that there are rules, and people are not following them. Please go back to elementary school to brush up on your education.

I would suggest the same for you. You are looking for a enemy player to fight you on your terms, which is stupid in the utmost. If the Hiding player has done damage during the game, they have engaged the enemy. Thus fulfilling their obligation. If they chose to hide at the destruction of their team, they are showing they understand that discretion is the better part of valor. So long as they have engaged me if they wish to wait out the clock, they have that right. Just as I have the right to continue to try and hunt them down. It doesn't matter if your enemy's ideals don't hold up to yours. If they did damage they can try to hide to preserve their K/D. Standing still is death for a light. Finding them is just another challenge to over come. Step up or step off.

#32 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:54 AM

Repeat after me:
- We do not discuss exploits on the forums!
- Discussing exploits, is the same as advertising the exploits!

Now that this is made clear to all of you, and before I close this thread for good, I'd like to clarify one misconception some of you seem to have about the rules

View PostUite Dauphni, on 18 December 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

You people are so lazy. It's right here: http://mwomercs.com/...arrior-justice/

Non-Participation
Any MechWarrior who willfully or repeatedly-
  • Fails to engage the enemy or mission objectives; or
  • Disconnects their BattleMech during combat;
Is guilty of Absence without ‘Mech and shall be moderated.

Shutting down out of sight to run out the clock is definitely ‘failing to engage the enemy’.

In context with http://mwomercs.com/...ploitsgriefing/ we get the actual spirit of the rule.

Non-Participation Abuse
If a player has joined a match, they must have launched the game with intent to play. Players who are not moving, or are otherwise not participating in the spirit of the game, fall under this category. While we all understand the call of nature: Repeated abuse of this behaviour, similarly to 'Mech Suicide and Team Killing, results in an unfair advantage for the enemy teams, and is thus not considered acceptable use. Please keep in mind that idling on your cap point without armour or moving does not constitute a form of tactical "Base Defense".

So if you run and hide without ever engaging, that is non-participation. If you fight to the best of your abilites and hide when there is no way for you to win anymore, that is perfectly fine.

As the original topic was team treason and mech suicide was also mentioned somewhere I'll drop this in as well.

Mech Suicide Abuse
Some players have been repeatedly finding ways to destroy their ‘Mechs as quickly as possible.
This behaviour denies an otherwise healthy team of an active member, and makes the battle imbalanced. As such, this is prohibited and includes instances of players intentionally and repeatedly running out of bounds, or into the enemy team without tactical intent, or any other way in which a player has found to be self-destructing their `Mech.

Team Treason
Treasonous provision of information to enemy combatants, also known as "bird-doging" is forbidden. This involves a player using the in-game chat to provide the enemy team with the locations of their own team mates. While we appreciate that some players may wish to have a round end early by calling out the location of an AFK team-mate, the risk that this could be used against an active participant of the match to deny them the use of cover and movement makes this a form of a griefing. You may declare a teammate AFK but not their coordinates or position.

Yes, this will be enforced if you report it.

Thread closed!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users