#2 Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:46 AM

Huh... So munch for being loyal and what not... :P

P.S. Watch out for the stab in the back, those fancy nobles.. just try to gain power or class..

Edited by Tank, 27 December 2013 - 12:04 PM.

#3 SmithMPBT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 793 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

I as a representative of the Inner Sphere accept your support. I hereby deed you the Lyran Commonwealth world of Tharkad as a base of operations.

#4 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

View PostSmithMPBT, on 27 December 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

I as a representative of the Inner Sphere accept your support. I hereby deed you the Lyran Commonwealth world of Tharkad as a base of operations.

Why a Combine soldier can grant someone hospitality on the Lyran capital? :P

#5 SmithMPBT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 793 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:08 PM

As First Lord of the Star League, Lord Kurita has rights to grant someone hospitality on any planet he chooses.

#6 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:15 PM

View PostSmithMPBT, on 27 December 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

As First Lord of the Star League, Lord Kurita has rights to grant someone hospitality on any planet he chooses.

Is this true? Can other Lords of Inner Sphere confirm this?

#7 DerangedShadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 124 posts
  • LocationAnoka, Minnesota, USA

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:33 PM

Technically the Star League isn't reformed till 3058.

LINKAGE

So no...Mr. Kuritan...you can not make that decision

#8 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:37 PM

View PostDerangedShadow, on 27 December 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

Technically the Star League isn't reformed till 3058.

LINKAGE

So no...Mr. Kuritan...you can not make that decision

I'm more curious if IS houses have any RP unity forged. :P

#9 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:48 PM

Uh, Im pretty sure thats a joke. Tharkad is the capitol of our Lyran enemies.

#10 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

((ooc: I applaud your RP. I hope the community comes together enough to support this kind of rp. Community Warfare...))

#11 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:41 PM

Mssr. Drock,

As a representative of the Federation-side of the Federated Commonwealth, I must point out that the above offer from the Draconian representative (whose liege-lord, it should be noted, has no legitimate claim to the title of First Lord) is not tenable at this time as a result of the actions of certain of your former affiliates.

However, in light of the... incident between the Draconian government and the unit known as the Wolf's Dragoons (who, as a point of trivia & curiosity, also appeared with suddenness and technology unseen in the Inner Sphere between the fall of the Star League and their seeming materialization out of the aether), I cannot in good faith recommend a posting on one of Combine's own worlds (which, being near to the front of the incursion zone, would should provide you and your MechWarriors with ample opportunity to demonstrate your prowess in combat, as seems to be your intent) - however, you are of course free to discuss the possibility of such an arrangement with the Draconian representative if you should deem it proper.
I must, though, say that if it is truly your intent to atone for the wrongs perpetrated against the people of Hood IV, perhaps it would be fitting to make that world's liberation from these so-called "Clans" and subsequent defense against reconquest by the same a raison d’être for yourself and your associates?

On the other hand, if you are perhaps more interested in an instructional rather than combat role, you may wish to contact a Federated Suns consulate with regard to an exchange of knowledge and technology through one of the New Avalon Institute of Science's various programs.

May you find success in your endeavors against the invading scourge. ;)

#12 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:12 PM

I'm confused slightly. Since when do Clanners hate Clanners? I mean, hate enough to switch to IS. Only Nova Cats turned as far as I know, from a lore point of view...

#13 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

Inner Sphere, prepare for some highly ornate RP'ing from CBS v.2!

Good hunting!

#14 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:46 AM

View PostLord Ikka, on 29 December 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

I'm confused slightly. Since when do Clanners hate Clanners? I mean, hate enough to switch to IS. Only Nova Cats turned as far as I know, from a lore point of view...

Four words: Clan Wolf in Exile. (Not really formed out of hate, more of... "Time for you to do what we were MENT to do.")

#15 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:59 AM

Lord Ikka: I'm confused slightly. Since when do Clanners hate Clanners? I mean, hate enough to switch to IS. Only Nova Cats turned as far as I know, from a lore point of view...

Do not forget the Unnamed Clan.

As for Marack Drock's request for protection, well...not much needs to be said.

Edited by 101011, 31 December 2013 - 07:59 AM.

#16 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:14 AM

What the heck is a Blood Scorpion? Is it like a free birth fling between a Blood Spirit and Goliath Scorpion after too many drinks at the Clan Mixer?

View PostLord Ikka, on 29 December 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

Clan Wolf in Exile takes 80 or so years to rejoin the rest of Clan Wolf. During that time they dine often on Jade Turkey.

#17 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:37 AM

Yeah I saw that... it's.. um.. something.

#18 Arahantius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:07 PM

Why is it that Marack screams at PGI for Community Warfare and then doesn't have the decency to join an existing clan. Seems he just wishes to promote his own clan.

#19 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

To be fair the Clan he made up has some massive Mary Sue elements to it... which is how these things normally go. I mean if this was Star Wars it would be the best aspects of both the Sith AND Jedi. If It was Star Trek it would be a combo of Starfleet and Klingon Fighting with some Borg Tossed in as well.

#20 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:47 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 10 January 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

I don't like most existing Clans. I like Wolf well enough but I have a hatred of Kerensky with a passion (don't ask why).

Actually, why try to be Clan at all then? :rolleyes:

For example, the Eridani Light Horse espouses many of the same values as the original Star League - values that were only paid lip-service by a significant portion of the Clans - and their original formations elected not to leave with Kerensky on the Exodus.

The unit felt an attachment to the area stronger than its loyalty to Kerensky and decided to remain - only a few lances of the RCT left with the other SLDF units. It is said that the 80th Heavy Cavalry Battalion, once commanded by Kerensky himself, took only thirty minutes before deciding to stay.

On the day that Kerensky and the others departed, the members of the unit gathered and observed a moment of silence. They took down the flag of the Star League and lowered the Third Regimental Combat Team's standard to half-mast. Even through the Fourth Succession War, the unit maintained the tradition, requiring that one flag pole at the headquarters remain bare for the future Star League flag and that the unit's flag stay at half-mast.

When the Clans invaded the Inner Sphere, the hope that had sustained the Eridani Light Horse for three centuries was destroyed. Instead of leading the Sphere back to a new Golden Age, Kerensky's children were taking it by blood and force. The ELH requested, and received, a year to come to terms with the death of their dreams. In 3052 they reported that they were ready for combat operations.

Rather than face [the Clans] as part of Operation Bulldog, the ELH would be traveling the Exodus Road as a part of Task Force Serpent to destroy the Jaguars in their den. By sending the Light Horse regiments to the Clan Homeworlds, the new Star League wanted to shock the Clans. Including the Light Horse was calculated to show the Clans how the descendants of the original SLDF viewed them.

This sounds like it would be more to your tastes - perhaps you could recast your group as "the Blood Scorpion Brigade" (or something like that) and craft a new backstory that mirrors that of the Light Horse (e.g. as an IS unit that traces its history back to the glory days of the original Star League, and ultimately rejects the perversion of the Star League's ideals as practiced by the barbaric so-called "Children of Kerensky")? :ph34r:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users