30 replies to this topic

#1 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:53 AM

I'm getting really freaking tired, of listening to some scrub, claim either I, or someone else in the match I'm in, is a hacker, to justify their **** poor performance, and getting taken out.

I have never used, any third party application in any game, not even one that were accepted by the company that makes the game i'm play, yup that's right I didn't even use EQ maps in Everquest.

So just for the record, for those or you that are children or adults that can't grow up and accept you lack of performance or can't handle being taken down by a 'girl'.

That I am completely happy to have P.G.I look around my M.W.O program files on remote, so they can then see the accusations are baseless, and ban the scrub for falsely claiming I cheat.

That is all

#2 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:08 AM

Posted Image

But seriously... who cares? Let them rant and cry, maybe the tears are weighing them down and once they are out of their system they can move faster and more precisely.

#3 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:59 AM

wouldn't a "hacker" ( whatever that means ) have better things to do than play silly buggers tanking impossible dammage and pulling jfk magic bullets on penniless idiots on an f2p game ?

hmmmmz, still thinking about it

#4 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

It happens.

#5 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:18 AM

I played with this German player for almost 2 years in MechWarrior4 on a clan team on comms he was cool we played many battles together I consider myself a good player in MW4 but this guy was just phenomenal. He could kill so fast and so often I wondered if he used hacks. One day were on comms and I just come out and ask him Do you use a hack to play? And to my surprise he say yes I do don't you? I said no I never really considered it why?

He says I will let you try it and I will show you how to set it up.Our whole team tried it and guess what it made your skills like x10 there normal values.I wont say players are hacking in MWO but like all games server side or client side now days they can be hacked altered or exploited to a certain degree to allow some players a extra advantage.

I never would have thought this player used hacks i guess he felt we were buddies and it was ok because we won a lot of games.But he was wrong we voted to kick him off the team.Our win/loss league record went down but we exleast played fair games win or lose after that.

#6 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostCathy, on 30 December 2013 - 04:53 AM, said:

I'm getting really freaking tired, of listening to some scrub, claim either I, or someone else in the match I'm in, is a hacker, to justify their **** poor performance, and getting taken out.

I have never used, any third party application in any game, not even one that were accepted by the company that makes the game i'm play, yup that's right I didn't even use EQ maps in Everquest.

So just for the record, for those or you that are children or adults that can't grow up and accept you lack of performance or can't handle being taken down by a 'girl'.

That I am completely happy to have P.G.I look around my M.W.O program files on remote, so they can then see the accusations are baseless, and ban the scrub for falsely claiming I cheat.

That is all

when people tell me that i am hacking. i take it as a compliment.

#7 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:15 AM

My standard answer is: I am AI.

#8 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:38 AM

View Postdal10, on 30 December 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

when people tell me that i am hacking. i take it as a compliment.

Correct! Same here

#9 TheGreatNoNo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 448 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:45 PM

Ever have a clan of russians decide your cheating then go you after in game? Fun times.

Makes me want to play Unreal (the first one) on multiplayer and troll people with projectile changes.

I think I just might do that in fact.

Edited by Lost One, 01 January 2014 - 02:46 PM.

#10 WhistlR

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

Not agreeing or disagreeing, but think about this for a moment. If a company has a hard time implementing corrective changes into their game to make it play better,.. can an outside source not gain access to and make changes on the fly using alternative means to take advantages of certain code?

They do it in the movies ;)

#11 Argann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 281 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:49 AM

I don't like this thread.

#12 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:47 PM

View PostArgann, on 05 January 2014 - 12:49 AM, said:

I don't like this thread.

Other than the fact that it discusses hacks (which in this context may or may not be against the rules), I don't see why.

#13 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 05 January 2014 - 02:47 PM, said:

Other than the fact that it discusses hacks (which in this context may or may not be against the rules), I don't see why.

So far, nothing against the rules. Only victims of hack accusations and their response to it so far. Mixed in are a few fun things. I do have an eye on the thread and if I see a post discussing hacks in MWO, which is indeed against the CoC, this thread will be closed down.

#14 Skunk Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 286 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:07 PM

ELO just dumps them amongst themselves anyway. So no big loss.

#15 Ordellus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:44 AM

View PostCathy, on 30 December 2013 - 04:53 AM, said:

That is all

And I'm really sick of engaging cataphracts at 800 meters and taking 120 damage in two volleys

#16 Redshirt enraged

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 128 posts
  • Locationhere / there / everywhere

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:39 AM

View PostOrdellus, on 26 March 2014 - 04:44 AM, said:

And I'm really sick of engaging cataphracts at 800 meters and taking 120 damage in two volleys

Propably there is more than this cataphract. :D

#17 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:33 AM

I love cries of HACKER!!! Makes me laugh more as I burn the whiners into the ground with my tiny twin ER black raven.

We get the same claims in War Thunder and the response to the whiners there is the same... HAHAHAHAHA

It really has nothing to do with being male or female either. Being beaten by anyone just gets some players insanely mad.

#18 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:54 AM

Who cares really. Stupids will always blame smth else, be it hacks, teammates, matchmaker rather than admit their own fault.
Stay calm and keep stomping.

#19 Ghost Rider LSOV

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 272 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:57 AM

I could understand being called a hacker for a lucky reflex shot that nails someone's cockpit (did it once), but I got called a hacker by a "sneaky" Spider pilot in Caustic.

We were behind the caldera and he started getting close, so I saw him in my seismic sensor and I also switched my ECM to counter when he started jamming me.

I then waited for him to crest and fired an AC/20 on him when he appeared.

"OMG this Atlas is a hacker! He can see through mountains!"

Posted Image

Then again his nickname indicated he didn't like the game (not saying exactly what it was, since I don't remember it), but if he wasn't trolling, then he didn't even know the basics. :P

#20 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:51 AM

If anyone has ever seen me play, they know I am a lousy shot. I have had people tell me that I could do better if I cheated. I tell them no. I would rather play an honest game. If you depend upon artificial means of playing Mechwarrior you will never know your true potential as a gamer, or what you can do. So this is to all the players who use these means. Challenge yourself to do better, and to actually play. Yes you will get you rump kicked from time to time, but your victories will be real. Leave your booters, aimbots, and other hacks out of Mechwarrior, and meet this challenge if you dare!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users