Why Do...

24 replies to this topic

#21 Avarice1of2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 194 posts
  • LocationSitting in a the cockpit of a mech whose pilot is no longer with us with Bitching Betty telling me my loadout is not usable.

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

I am getting this issue also and before you say try all the settings let me point out that my rig should have no issues with this. When ever smoke is right in front of my cockpit or I back up into smoke my fps drops to 13-17, and no its not because I play game with 3 monitors at 3840x1024 at max settings, cause lowest fps I get without smoke is 32 highest is 55.
i7-4770k @4.3ghz
8gb ddr3 1600 ram 4gbx2
2 corsair neutron gtx 128gb in raid0 as main harddrive. (MWO is on this drive)
2 seagate 1tb baracuda in raid0
3 MSI Nvidia GTX 760 hawks in sli
asrock OC Formula/ac mobo

#22 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

I have the same problem - whenever I see the "steam" effects from my 'Mech running hot, my FPS drops significantly.

It's the only time I have an issue with FPS.

i7 2600K @ 4.3
GTX 570
16 GB ram

I would love it if they just removed that steam effect from hot Mechs. I remember they said it was so that you could see where an enemy had his heatsinks stored, and thus target that component - but does anyone really try to take out a component because that's where an enemy's heatsinks are?

Edited by DEMAX51, 22 April 2014 - 02:29 PM.

#23 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:35 PM

Not to be a smarty pants, but I don't have this issue at all. The best part is until my new CPU gets here, I am running the following setup:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T OCed to 3.3Ghz w/ all cores unparked
G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB
Crucial 240GB SSD
EVGA Geforce GTX 650Ti
1920x1080
Win7 64Bit Ultimate

DX9, all settings on Medium, except textures set to high. Post AA to high. Average 70 fps, 35 in a brawl.

I notice all of the above are running Intel. Could this be....? Nah. probably has to do with the DX11. When I go DX11, my fps drops to 45 and 25.

#24 ALKALIN3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

This thread just solved a minor headache i was having...thanks all!

#25 Thunder Lips Express

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFrom parts unknown

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:33 PM

View PostWheezerX, on 01 January 2014 - 08:15 AM, said:

Why do my frame rates go from great to "lol I ain't moving" when particle effects / smoke appear really close to my cockpit?

I can run this game on highest settings at 60+ fps, but the moment some particles or smoke appear within arms length of my mech cockpit, they dump to less than 5 fps. I have tried to turn down all of my settings to lowest possible but it still happens. Anyone have any suggestions?

Mine used to do that for whatever reason, but for the past couple months it has been seamless.
Also if you could add more information to your title that would be cool, you might get more knowledgeable people on the subject instead of curious cats like myself.
I hope your game runs better now, sorry I have no insight on the matter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users