ISN News Flash

9 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:53 PM

Mon. Nov 14, 3048: Ceres Metals announced field testing of the Apple Churchill 2000 sensor suite, which synchs with the Beagle Active Probe.

#2 Cifu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 348 posts
  • LocationHungary, EU

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:57 PM

In short, we gonna see the BAP in the battlefield. :)

Fear the scouts, if you try to make a suprise attack, using powered down Mech's! Because you become the cheese in the mouse trap. :D

#3 Kudzu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the SEC

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:01 PM

View PostCifu, on 14 November 2011 - 12:57 PM, said:

In short, we gonna see the BAP in the battlefield. :)

Fear the scouts, if you try to make a suprise attack, using powered down Mech's! Because you become the cheese in the mouse trap. :D

Also useful for detecting mechs in urban environments.

#4 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:44 PM

Posted Image

The Beagle Active Probe is the name for a recently rediscovered suite of enhancement technology that, when combined with the traditional output of standard sensors, which extend beyond radar to encompass infrared, ultraviolet, magscan and sonar, enables the equipped unit to detect and classify other battlefield units whether they are camouflaged or even shut down. Like the advanced technology of the Guardian ECM suite, the Beagle Active Probe frequently requires special modifications to be made to related systems in order to function properly. In addition to the ability to detect and classify targets at long range, the Beagle includes a memory unit that records the events of a battle and allows for later playback and simulation.

Posted Image

Ceres Metals Industries was founded in 2145 and is one of the most successful manufacturing congomerates in the Inner Sphere. With more than 500 facilities on over hundred worlds, the massive Ceres Metals Industries was one of the first developers of BattleMech technology and the cornerstone of military hardware manufacture in the Capellan Confederation. Today their flagship design (the Vindicator) has become synonymous with the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces.

The Apple Churchill 2000 carries on this proud tradition. Demand is quite high for this "upgrade kit" to the Phoenix Hawk's targeting and tracking systems. Additionally the new system would find widespread use as a key component in the concurrent 3048 redesign of the Galleon Light Tank. In conjunction with its Beagle Active Probe, the targeting and tracking system became a major selling point of the light tank's forward supporting role.

#5 Mars2

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 38 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:18 PM

Now that puts a big O smile on my face ! :) Beware the Raven! lol, And the MON-66 which has always been on of my favs,, with its combo of speed and BAP, will find its way into my unit.

#6 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:56 PM

Thank you, Ghost. I love these updates, and how you're keeping up with them. Rock on.

#7 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

The Raven will clearly be making an appearance. I'm hoping for the Firestarter as well.

#8 Karn Evil

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:10 PM

Gotta love the good old BAP. I might just spend a little bit of time piloting scouts in this game after all.

#9 Valkyr

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:15 AM

If Information Warfare ends up anywhere near where they say it'll be, then this is where the magic happens.

The Raven flies again!

#10 Harrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

View PostKudzu, on 14 November 2011 - 01:01 PM, said:

Also useful for detecting mechs in urban environments.

It'll help with line of site issues in some cases but so will creative use of jump packs. I wonder if this will facilitate the use of indirect fire on enemy mechs....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users