#1 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:52 PM

I'd only call it "ultimate" when there are blindingly obvious builds requiring minor to no tweaking for a chassis that works exceptionally well, and that is the case for Battemaster. It's a solid 85-ton Assault chassis with an unholy 400 engine-cap (although that doesn't necessarily mean you gotta throw an XL400 in there), making it one of the most agile Assault 'mech chassis second only to Victor, and possibly dethroning Stalker as the best long-range Assault chassis.

(Now, there's another 20-minute worth of typing after that but at one point I accidentally clicked the wrong button on my mouse which was mapped "Back" and I lost all my sh*t. Also, the website refreshed itself at some point so I was logged out and needless to say nothing was autosaved after that. So I'll just throw the videos in here. Trust me, they work. There're lot of thoughts behind them. I may extend it later on. May.)

1D: XL380, Endo, 17DHS, 3xAC2(4ton), 1xLL, 4xML

(XL380 was stripped from my Awesome 9M. You can downgrade to XL375 to free up a ton for whatever you want. Just place yourself somewhere with a clear view and shoot at the biggest motherf**ker. Don't waste all those good DPS.)

1G: XL375, Endo, 19DHS, AMS, 2xAC2(3ton), 1xPPC, 6xML

(Apparently they decided to gank Kappa and I don't want to die alone. You should probably station yourself following the 1D demo. But hey, the MLas work like magic.)

1S: XL350, Endo, 14DHS, AMS, BAP, TAG, 4xLRM10(9ton), 3xMPL

(Just shoot at everything you see.)

Edited by Helmstif, 06 January 2014 - 04:26 PM.

#2 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

Heh, it's too bad your 1G video wasn't of our match on Forest Colony last weekend. Between you and me, we had 9 kills and you did something like 900+ damage as I recall.

Edit:
I see it is your 1D video. I thought you were in a 1G that day, LOL!

Edited by NRP, 06 January 2014 - 03:54 PM.

#3 Kroxloq

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

Wow I like the BLR-1S build! Fitted mine similarly (1 more DHS, 1 less LRM ammo ton, will prolly swap for the extra ammo)

First run out with it a minute ago, ~1000 damage, 5 kills, 6 assists...with minimal effort. Some smart torso twisting when they get close, time your shots with a 3 Med Pulse Laser blast and you can drop people with exposed internals or at least strip off arms/torsos.

Will try the other BLR variants out as you have them a little later.

#4 Chocolater

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 45 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

Man I am loving the 'Master. But I don't get to play all that much and I am just now getting them to elite, man that makes a difference. I can't wait to get elite all done and double the basics that will be awesome. It seems like they really need the larger engine to reach full potential. If only those weren't so damn expensive, will take me a long time lol.

#5 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:46 AM

Another little something from my 1D.
Posted Image

#6 cleghorn6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 511 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:14 AM

I'm running your 1D build and liking it very much. Coming from SHDs, I'm having to get used to low slung weapons again and shooting a lot of dirt in the process.

But considering I've never run an Assault before and I'm in an un-enhanced BLR, I'm pulling 300-ish damage within my first 5 matches, which makes me pleased.

Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to afford to build your G and S variants :lol:

#7 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:56 AM

View Postcleghorn6, on 21 January 2014 - 07:14 AM, said:

Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to afford to build your G and S variants :rolleyes:

I'm assuming you already have the C-Bill for the stock 1G and 1S already.

If you have an XL375/380 for your 1D already then just strip it and fit into your 1G. For 1S, well, downgrade the MPLas to MLas, take away a ton or two LRM ammo, strip Beagle, AMS and a few points of Arm armor, I'm sure you could manage to stuff that engine into the LRMboat too.

EDIT: Also, just sell those stock STD340 engines. Who the hell needs that?

Edited by Helmstif, 21 January 2014 - 11:00 AM.

#8 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

How viable are Battlemasters with XLs?

#9 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

View PostShadowbaneX, on 21 January 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

I'll put it this way: I've tried slow BM builds. They suck.

#10 Toe Cutter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:10 PM

View PostShadowbaneX, on 21 January 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

They are just fine, just lack the zip of the XL that is indeed fun.

#11 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:23 AM

I have only started working on my Battlemaster recently, after mastering all the chassis(except Locust) that comes with my Overload + Saber.

BLR-1D
3x AC/2 w 6t as primary weapon
2x MLaz for point defend
1x ER LLaz for touching fast target
XL 350 goes 66kph on default and 73kph after speed tweak
18 DHS lets me hold down the 3x AC/2 for 20+ second before hitting critical heat

On large maps like desert and alpine, camp at 800+m and snipe using Adv. Zoom.
Move with pack on smaller maps and provide dakka support.

BLR-1G
6x MLaz, fires in either alpha or chain fire
1x LBX10 w 4t, for peppering target at range and blasting internals/ammo bin after MLaz
STD 340, going 64 /71kph
19 DHS just enough for 2 alpha strike without shutdown

Packing seismic and coolshot, will try to ambush enemy when possible and tries to focus on a component(side torso or leg) for quick kill. On open map, will stay with pack and potshot with LBX until in range for MLaz.
Have a spare XL400 in stock, not sure when I brought it, have been trying alternative built with XL400 and 20 DHS but same weapon loadout. Not sure it is worth the 1 extra DHS and +12 kph tradeoff for XL venerability in brawl.

BLR-1S
4x MLaz
2x ASM6 w 3t
1x ALRM10 w 1t, 18 shots of LRM10 to give it a little range attack as it waddle up into brawl.
STD 340
18 DHS

My current favourite Battlemaster built; assault brawler.
Good for close and mid range with the mix weapon loadout, best in 200m~300m range to utilize all weapon.

Edited by xengk, 22 January 2014 - 01:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users