Please Let Us Put Camo Patterns On Founders, Hero, Phoenix And Invasion Mechs

113 replies to this topic

Poll: Please Let Us Put Camo Patterns On Founders, Hero, Phoenix And Invasion Mechs (385 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to be able to select camo patterns on Founders, Hero, Phoenix and Invasion Mechs?

1. Yes (352 votes [91.43%])

Percentage of vote: 91.43%

2. No (33 votes [8.57%])

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 OmniJackal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationGulf Breeze, Florida

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

I want camo patterns on ALL PREMIUM mechs. Every premium mech I've ever bought I bought not for the horrible paint job but the hardpoint setup and increased c-bills. If they would spend less time putting horrible paint jobs on premium mechs and just let me paint it how I see fit I would still buy some of them. Let me paint all of my mechs how I want them painted.

Also please get rid of the stupid names. Seeing Misery and Grid Iron on the battlefield is irritating.

#22 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:17 PM

No reason not to do this, and additionally, when the founders program was so long ago, why do our mechs still have bugged skins? Please fix this.

#23 Alex Reed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Free Worlds League

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:47 AM

View PostCimarb, on 26 January 2014 - 09:20 AM, said:

I support this and for wholly different reasons. As a Christian, some of the mechs, such as the Firebrand, have openly ******* (sat an ic) symbols on it, and I'm not one to impose my values on others, but I feel like the opposite is being done to me in this case.

I love my Firebrand for its loadout and bonuses, but paint it all black to avoid the paint job. Sadly, black is about the only color you can do this with, as any lighter color still shows the outline of the symbols. So, not only am I required to paint it a solid color, but I can only paint it black as well.

Edit: wow, the language filter blocks the word to describe the the symbols they plaster all over their mech... Just wow

What you just stated about describing the mech and the language filter blocking your main adjective is a tragic irony.

A firebrand is a mech with 7 images in its camo pattern that point either playfully or directly to s a t a n i c symbolism. The Crusader paint scheme, from what I have seen, has a huge cross on it (1 point of association to Christianity) and it appears that even that is vague depending on the mech that is running the pattern.

The Seraphim, as a Christian clan, forbids our members from running the Firebrand due to its camo. A lot of new members question me on that but, once all seven allusions are pointed out, their eyes are opened and they feel duped because they could never see it all.

If these members could change the camo, it would go a long way towards them being able to run the mech they purchased.

But, from what I have seen of the Crusader scheme (may need UI 2.0 to fully appreciate it), it is fully lagging 6 points of interest behind the Firebrand. I cannot presently endorse it due to its vagueness (plus, why Crusader? Isn't that term a bit loaded to start with?).

But, I am wandering off topic. I do agree with the gist of this thread and, in dealing with the Firebrand camo particularly, it would help solve a problem for my clan.

#24 Bushrat

• PipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 99 posts
  • LocationCanada & Guyana

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:16 AM

I could not agree more. I would love to put more camo patterns on my hero mechs!!

Also.. can we get a flectarian pattern?? something like the German army one. I want more more more camo paterns!! Keep em coming!

#25 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:36 PM

View PostHillslam, on 25 January 2014 - 08:15 AM, said:

Count me in asa +1 to the suggestion. So much so when the BLR customization sale arrived I thought PGI slipped up and applied a skin to the BLR-1G(P).
http://mwomercs.com/...-camo-patterns/
So yeah. Please give us this. It guarantees I'll be buying more colors and skins for my collection of heros.

I just realized that PGI did put a BLR-1G(P) with individual camo in that pic. Nice find! So it is allready working. Oh boy I so hope one day we can do this to!

Edit.: Further looking at it I realized it is the BLR-1G in individual camo, not the BLR-1G(P). This can be seen on the form of the shoulder pads on the picture.

Edited by Ryoken, 14 February 2014 - 09:13 AM.

#26 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

Signed.

Not being able to paint a mech in the way I want to is a reason for me not to buy a mech. Colors might be mutable, but patterns are currently not. I would gladly shell out more money to buy the camo scheme for a new mech if it was an option.

I do, however, have some reservations about Hero mechs, as I respect the artwork and the artist that goes behind the custom jobs on the Hero mechs.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 20 February 2014 - 04:22 PM.

#27 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 20 February 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

Signed.=

Not being able to paint a mech in the way I want to is a reason for me not to buy a mech. Colors might be mutable, but patterns are currently not. I would gladly shell out more money to buy the camo scheme for a new mech if it was an option.

I do, however, have some reservations about Hero mechs, as I respect the artwork and the artist that goes behind the custom jobs on the Hero mechs.

I completely respect Alex's work and think he does amazing on every one of the Hero mechs. I just find some of them offensive, so I should be able to change them - I did purchase them after all.

#28 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:47 AM

As mentioned in the other topic - there is no reason not do do it. The only reason must be some problems to code it.
I can't believe it would be a big issue - to add the "hero" camo to the unlockable.

At least - we have allready the ability to buy "bundles" that means - i buy 1 item but i get 3 or 4 - why not simple the same for the hero - i buy a hero bundle - including the hero pattern

#29 Crifuan

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:32 AM

I agree too! Pls unlock the camo-Patterns for phoenix and hero-mechs.

#30 Marukage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 439 posts
  • LocationPlanet York / DD

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

hi

I agree too!

Unlock the camo-Patterns for phoenix and co. PLS
thx :P

mfg/Sincerely yours
maru

#31 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:31 AM

Hero mechs desperately need access to other camos, its rather odd that a premium item like that would lack such a essential (and common) feature.

Of course my cbill griffins can't use any camos beyond the flames and default either....

#32 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:40 AM

A very nice breakdown of the PP mechs, but I have my doubts whether the founder mechs are using the same approach.

I suppose even just adding the ability to change the pattern on (P) variants would be a step in the right direction. I'm happy with my CPLT C1(F) but I'm not opposed to more options.

#33 mack sabbath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:05 AM

My Muromets is crying out for new paint, so I support this thread!

#34 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:54 AM

More customization is always better than less, if there is a profitable return on the investment of work hours. If the Phoenix mechs are an easy fix, it might be worth making other patterns available as a test case, so the company can see how many players buy new patterns for them.

#35 Bors Mistral

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

How about giving founders an unlock for the founders' colours? So they can be used on other mechs?
As much as we like to dust off our founder mechs from time to time, it's be great if we could use the blue and gold on other machines too.

#36 kazlaton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 170 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

I agree. I like some of the hero patterns, and would keep them. But others I would change in a heartbeat (I'm looking at you, Ilya).

#37 and zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 461 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:28 AM

Why the hell cant I repaint my ember?? I thought we were supposed to be able to repaint all hero mechs now?? But the majority of my ember stays blue no matter what I do. Please fix this pgi. The blue does not work with my color schemes B) I didnt pay mc for a blue mech.

#38 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:04 AM

Actually, you did. That is exactly what you bought.

You had the expectation of being able to change the colors ... but you most certainly did buy a blue 'Mech.

And they are likely working on it anyway. Have patience.

#39 AgroAlba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 365 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:40 PM

This has actually stopped me from ordering anything but the most basic clan pack. Invariably the founders, phoenix, and probably clan pack version of the mechs turn out to be my favorite, and then I can't customize the mech I love most. So I just didn't bother this time. My Founders Hunchback, my Shadowhawk, my Thunderbolt, my Griffin, my Wolverine, they're all stuck with their founders/phoenix paint scheme.

#40 Jack Corban

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 560 posts
  • LocationPort Arthur

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:06 AM

Complety agree with this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users