Any Clans Here With Older Players?

25 replies to this topic

#1 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:51 AM

looking for one with people over 30 or near that age.

thanks
Mogs

#2 Sealawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationBuckminster City, Buckminster Prefecture

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:19 AM

I think you would rather hard pressed to find one that is not around that age group. Haven't seen many young players at all. I have been in 1 other unit and just started my own. Both have age requirments. But the average age of the player base I play with is between 30-40 years old.

#3 Hellzero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:42 AM

Just hopping in to a community dedicated team-speak server puts me on the list of the youngest, without exceptions. The fact that I am 26 makes me feel like a Junior in here, where in other games I would be asked:
"LOL y u still play games I'm 12".
- Usually the ones I've met in the House Steiner team-speaks, it's 30-60 year old what I most often run in to, and mind you, the ones closer to their +70's kick more *** than I ever did.

K/D Ratio doesn't matter, they keep their cool a million times better in the thick of a firefight than I; which makes me feel that I am at an disadvantage; when usually I'm extremely calm in all moments in personal life.

Look up Kurita/IS related community sites, it's surprising how organized they are(so for me, hub.housesteiner blew me away with the level of maturity that I might have only expected to see in real life(I know this applies to Kurita, Liao, and others as well 100%)).
- Real Mechwarrior Veterans; the kind that would suit your preference; they just tend to stay out of the forums, as it's a war-zone at times here.

War of the Forums aside though, the people underneath are great; disagreements don't change that fact. I haven't met a single person who'd be immature in the TS3 servers out there. So the Public Group Runs/Forums don't quite reflect what is out there.

Edited by Hellzero, 15 January 2014 - 08:50 AM.

#4 Kataiser

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:17 AM

View PostHellzero, on 15 January 2014 - 08:42 AM, said:

Just hopping in to a community dedicated team-speak server puts me on the list of the youngest, without exceptions.

Basically this. You're likely to run into only older people in organized settings in MWO. As for Kurita-specific...

Comstar North America: Address: na1.mech-connect.net Password: WordofBlake
Comstar Europe: Address: 109.228.29.191 Password: Laserswor (No its not a mistype here)
NGNG Outreach Server: Address: voip01.n1585.hypernia.net:9992 Password: mechwarrior

House Kurita Hub Server: Address: housekurita.teamspeak3.com:6619 Password: Yakuza
3rd Takata Lancers: Address: Black-Foxes.enjinvoice.com Password: N/A
Ronin Legion Server: Address: ts60.gameservers.com:9306 Password: R0n1n
Night Stalkers Server: Address: ts.nstalkers.com Password: Yakuza
Arkab Legions Server: Address: ts3.arkablegions.com Password: Arkab
9th Sword of the Dragon Server: Address: ts3.9thsword.org:9988 Password: N/A
HKunits.com: Address: ts.hkunits.com:9987 Password: n/a
Silent Nine: Address: 63.240.145.69:9012 Password: n/a

From http://mwomercs.com/...mspeak-servers/

#5 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:29 AM

View PostSealawyer, on 15 January 2014 - 08:19 AM, said:

I think you would rather hard pressed to find one that is not around that age group. Haven't seen many young players at all. I have been in 1 other unit and just started my own. Both have age requirments. But the average age of the player base I play with is between 30-40 years old.

Yup - not a clanner, but I'm pressing 40.

#6 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

Seems most of the FWLM is older too.

http://housemarik.enjin.com/mwohome

You already have the faction logo anyway lol.

#7 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:06 AM

View Postmogs01gt, on 15 January 2014 - 07:51 AM, said:

looking for one with people over 30 or near that age.

thanks
Mogs

Welcome. Well I fall in the pushing 40 boat and mostly players I meeting here hover around the 30 age bracket. As started before, just log in to one of the TS3 servers listed Prior and say Hi. Almost all oft the groups are very friendly to new people and are eager to help you out. I typically have the most fun on the ComStar NA server and NGNG server as they are active and have a good mix of people.

#8 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:10 AM

Yeah cant do team speak.... the only time I get to play is when my toddler is sleeping which means staying silent and no head sets..He has troubles staying a sleep.

#9 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:26 PM

mogs01gt, most units have no issues with players who cant talk, my unit has a couple of players who cant for various reasons, but they still use the teamspeak so that they can listen in to the group chat and generally type back responses when they need it

#10 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:05 AM

Im 21, and i have been playing mechwarrior since MW2 in 1998 and i was born in 92 so i have known the series for a long time. miss my old Dos but cant be helped. I think a majority of my clan is older than me.

#11 The Unknown Pilot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:53 AM

Lol, I'm 52 and started playing table top back in '87 when I worked at a gaming store as a weekend college job. Once my hand recovers from major surgery and I get to play again, I'll also be looking for a Kurita unit that allows headsets w/o mics.

,,,,,,and allows all my mechs to be citrine, camo black & white tiger stripes!

Edited by The Unknown Pilot, 22 January 2014 - 04:54 AM.

#12 muskrat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 234 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

I pug most of the time (90%) im a bit over 30 (perhaps twice that plus)
I have teamspeak but am comfortable not using it

Friend me in game if you see me and need a wingman

Bow
Muskrat

#13 Blacke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts
  • Location3rd Takata Lancers

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:35 AM

A larger part of our unit fits this description

#14 RobinSage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Inner Sphere

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:48 AM

Hey there...HARD Corp. is not Kurita only but we have many friends in Kurita including 1stGhost.
Although we aren't House specific we have many members in the 35-50 year old bracket. We also play over on NA Comstar, and the previous posters are correct. NA Comstar has always been very supportive of players looking to get on comms or get more organized.

If you're interested in all sides of community warfare we're also recruiting still.

NA Comstar: na1.mech-connect.net NO PASSWORD (they removed the WordofBlake) a month ago.

HARD Corp. Comms: ts3.hardcorpgaming.com (quiet for MWO....we mostly use Comstar for MWO)

Anyone is welcome to join us in drops anytime. We have several of the top pilots in the inner sphere, some have even placed 1st in PGI tournaments. We don't get involved in clan vs. clan BS, we don't boast or brag about being the most badass guild in the IS....we just played Mechwarrior Online since Alpha and closed beta....many of our guys have over 10,000 drops as individuals, actually most of us do. I'm always learning something from someone.

We are going to be involved in Community Warfare.

But if you're just looking for a friendly group of old gamer vets feel free to check us out.

www.hardcorpgaming.com

Edited by RobinSage, 04 February 2014 - 09:53 AM.

#15 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:51 AM

RS a reference to the tail end event in the Q course right?

#16 Uriah

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:44 PM

View Postmogs01gt, on 15 January 2014 - 11:10 AM, said:

Yeah cant do team speak.... the only time I get to play is when my toddler is sleeping which means staying silent and no head sets..He has troubles staying a sleep.

I know this would be fine in most Kurita Units. I have to do similar, my baby girl is a pretty good sleeper though. But you will at least, as stated before, try to keep some headphones on so you can hear whats going on.

#17 Novalov

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTannhauser Gate

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:30 PM

(o-o)7 I was looking into the same mogs01gt, I'm 40 and looking for a unit with an older player friendly & strong non abusive code of conduct to drop with. There is good info here and I'll definitely look into it, thanks to all the peole who responded to the op with pointers it's much appreciated. I had talked to a few people in game and was turned on to the 3rd Takkata Lancers & Arkab Legions as a possible good fit. Feel free to msg me or shoot me a friend request.

#18 NoSkillRush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

Age requirement for my group is 21 and most of us are in our early/late 30's

#19 Arcainite

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNew Gotham City, Irurzun

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:05 AM

View PostThe Unknown Pilot, on 22 January 2014 - 04:53 AM, said:

Lol, I'm 52 and started playing table top back in '87 when I worked at a gaming store as a weekend college job. Once my hand recovers from major surgery and I get to play again, I'll also be looking for a Kurita unit that allows headsets w/o mics.

,,,,,,and allows all my mechs to be citrine, camo black & white tiger stripes!

Why are you wanting to not use a mic? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. You can switch your teamspeak or equivalent program to filter out some of the background noise and talk quietly without waking up people in your household.
As for white with tiger stripes, the Sun Zhang Cadre units use white with blue tiger stripes. The Genyosha units use grey with black stripes.

Edited by Arcainite, 02 March 2014 - 03:09 AM.

#20 Darth Buddha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 168 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

Gaming for all.... But their sure is a lot of old farts here! Jk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users