Question About The Khan Pack Pre-Order ?

15 replies to this topic

#1 James Pryde IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:32 PM

Hello

A General question for the coming Clan expansion pack, if I purchase the Khan pack, will there be an option to play both gold skinned mechs and normal camo choices too. IE: Green, digital, desert, Arctic ?

Thank you

Edited by James Pryde IIC, 15 January 2014 - 11:32 PM.

#2 Sabazial

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 725 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:26 AM

If you buy the khan pack, you get a single gold skinned mech + The Masakari package, you will be able to change the skins on the Masakari 'mechs only.

#3 James Pryde IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

View PostBelphegore, on 16 January 2014 - 07:26 AM, said:

If you buy the khan pack, you get a single gold skinned mech + The Masakari package, you will be able to change the skins on the Masakari 'mechs only.

thanks, so basically the gold skinned edition is purely Inner Sphere vanity ? quiaff ?

#4 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:48 AM

View PostJames Pryde IIC, on 16 January 2014 - 11:09 PM, said:

thanks, so basically the gold skinned edition is purely Inner Sphere vanity ? quiaff ?

Aff. It would be ridiculous to consider the clans wasting resources on such a concept.

#5 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:13 PM

Do you have a source of confirmation that we will be able to change the camo of the prime variants with 30% credit boost?

#6 RG Notch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

View PostAlcom Isst, on 18 January 2014 - 06:48 AM, said:

Aff. It would be ridiculous to consider the clans wasting resources on such a concept.

It would seem ridiculous to consider anyone wasting resources on such a concept, but a fool and his money you know... :)

#7 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

View PostRyoken, on 18 January 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

Do you have a source of confirmation that we will be able to change the camo of the prime variants with 30% credit boost?

It is best to assume that that will NOT be possible, as is the case with the Founders mechs and the Phoenix variants that have C-bill bonuses.

But there is nothing to stop one from buying a standard (x) Prime when they are eventually released if camo is more important than the c-bill bonus or early access :)

#8 Sabazial

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 725 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:52 AM

View PostZerberus, on 18 January 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

It is best to assume that that will NOT be possible, as is the case with the Founders mechs and the Phoenix variants that have C-bill bonuses.

This will probably be correct, sorry i wasn't quite clear in my original post.

#9 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:25 AM

View PostJames Pryde IIC, on 15 January 2014 - 11:32 PM, said:

Hello

A General question for the coming Clan expansion pack, if I purchase the Khan pack, will there be an option to play both gold skinned mechs and normal camo choices too. IE: Green, digital, desert, Arctic ?

Thank you

Also it marks you out for ostracization ;).

#10 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

View PostJames Pryde IIC, on 15 January 2014 - 11:32 PM, said:

Hello
Thank you

View PostRyoken, on 18 January 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

View PostZerberus, on 18 January 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

But there is nothing to stop one from buying a standard (x) Prime when they are eventually released if camo is more important than the c-bill bonus or early access :P

View PostBelphegore, on 19 January 2014 - 08:52 AM, said:

This will probably be correct, sorry i wasn't quite clear in my original post.

So as this question arises again and again: There is NO technical reason why we can not change camo on Founders, Hero and Phoenix mechs. And there is NO technical reason why we probably can not change camo on the Clan Prime variant mechs.

If you want to have the regular camo options on the mechs you bought for real money to support the game then join this thread:
http://mwomercs.com/...-phoenix-mechs/
Help to tell the Devs that they put a limitation on those people willing to support the game, by not giving us the freedom to individualize our mechs, like everyone else can do on all the other mechs. Ask them to allow camo choices on all our mechs!

Thank you and cheers,
Ryo ;)

Edited by Ryoken, 19 January 2014 - 12:08 PM.

#11 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:57 PM

View PostRyoken, on 19 January 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

So as this question arises again and again: There is NO technical reason why we can not change camo on Founders, Hero and Phoenix mechs. And there is NO technical reason why we probably can not change camo on the Clan Prime variant mechs.

Looking at the current camo selection, I see a possible technical reason within 2 seconds.

Current camo choices are "single use" or "unlock for all" (of a given chassis)

There is no "unlock permanently for one specific variant" option for 350MC.

So you potentially either have to unlock the hero`s camo spec for the entire chassis line, making it lose indivuduality. Or you put applejack over your Firebrand and will never have the firebrand scheme again.

Becasue other than hardcoding the camo to the chassis or said third (unavailable ) option, teh 2 current options would do nothing but cause angry mails to support from users who lost their Hero camo by mistake, or are pissd of fthat every highlander is now pink and white becasue everone with a `Metal is using the free camo on all his Highlanders

I see this as something that might be persuable after UI 2.0, but tangential at best... Definitely not worth persuing before 2.0 is here, stable, and working as intended.

Personally, I would never change the camo pattern on heros or other "special mechs" like the Phoenix or Sarah`s jenner because then to me it`s just the same POS everyone else is running. But if someone else want`s to do so, it`s no skin off my back, either. ;)

Edited by Zerberus, 19 January 2014 - 12:58 PM.

#12 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

View PostZerberus, on 19 January 2014 - 12:57 PM, said:

Looking at the current camo selection, I see a possible technical reason within 2 seconds.

Current camo choices are "single use" or "unlock for all" (of a given chassis)

There is no "unlock permanently for one specific variant" option for 350MC.

So you potentially either have to unlock the hero`s camo spec for the entire chassis line, making it lose indivuduality. Or you put applejack over your Firebrand and will never have the firebrand scheme again.

Becasue other than hardcoding the camo to the chassis or said third (unavailable ) option, teh 2 current options would do nothing but cause angry mails to support from users who lost their Hero camo by mistake, or are pissd of fthat every highlander is now pink and white becasue everone with a `Metal is using the free camo on all his Highlanders

I see this as something that might be persuable after UI 2.0, but tangential at best... Definitely not worth persuing before 2.0 is here, stable, and working as intended.

Personally, I would never change the camo pattern on heros or other "special mechs" like the Phoenix or Sarah`s jenner because then to me it`s just the same POS everyone else is running. But if someone else want`s to do so, it`s no skin off my back, either. ;)

No technical reason at all. Hero mechs simply keep their individual hero camo pattern as option and share the bought camo patterns with the regular mechs of the same chassis. Allready working feature, as we have different camos available within one chassis type.

#13 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

View PostZerberus, on 19 January 2014 - 12:57 PM, said:

Personally, I would never change the camo pattern on heros or other "special mechs" like the Phoenix or Sarah`s jenner because then to me it`s just the same POS everyone else is running. But if someone else want`s to do so, it`s no skin off my back, either. :P

Well I think differently. For one reason I dislike some of those patterns. Also I think it is a cut off of my liberty of individualisation, all the other mechs do not have to suffer. And also I do not want/dislike to brag or flaunt. It is not the way I am, my happyness is not dependend on the opinions or envy of others. So not beeing able to change the camo specs on my founders/hero/phoenix and soon also clan prime mechs, is bothering me times three.

But if someone wants to put it on it is no skin off my back either. I accept to some it is a valid motivation to show ones support of the game this way - if one wants to put the brag/flaunt in a positive way. So I think freedom of choice is a win-win. ;)

Edited by Ryoken, 19 January 2014 - 01:37 PM.

#14 PR1VATEER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 228 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

http://pastaj.files....tar-trek-2-khan pg

#15 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,676 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:15 PM

The idea is for Hero mechs to stand out as having a unique pattern. That and some have slightly different geometry from standard chassis. Not that skinning them should be any more complicated, but more time consuming. And again, they are supposed to be unique by design. If you don't like it, don't buy it. You can of course change the colors. They had to patch that feature in at a later date.

#16 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:59 AM

Yeah the biggest issue with giving extra camo patterns to Hero/Founder/Phoenix mechs is the unique geometry changes they have over their chassis-mates. It requires an extra pass of artwork per camo pattern per chassis. For example the Founders Jenner with the more rounded cockpit compared to the normal Jenner... that's a pretty substantial difference in geometry.

Granted the geometry changes are becoming less of an issue as older chassis are getting passes with the changing weapon geometry, allowing heroes to have similar geometry to non-heroes...

But then you have some Heroes like:
- the Yen-Lo-Wang that is the only Centurion to be able to mount an AC-20 which has a substantial visible difference to the AC-10 or LBX-10 the other Centurions mount, that would require unique artwork per camo pattern just for that AC-20 on one variant of the chassis.
- the Flame that is the only Dragon with a right arm energy mount, again causing it to have a different geometry than other Dragons.

Plus the Founders and Phoenix mechs (as well as the Clan Prime variants) are intentionally designed with these unique geometries that only they possess, and that won't go away with weapon geometry. It's extra work that's really not needed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users