#2482 GunnyKintaro 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:02 AM

View Postmdmzero0, on 25 August 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

You're a better pilot than I!

No really I think it was blind luck ... My teams just kept rocking it hard !!!

#2483 BlackPhoenix01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,459 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNJ/NY

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:54 AM

View PostAH Osprey 02, on 25 August 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

It took me 58 drops to get my 50 wins.... Strange run of luck I guess

Posted Image

I took me 83 drops to get 20 wins. Several games where I would get between 7 and 9 kills and we'd still lose.

#2484 mdmzero0

• WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:54 AM

View PostBlackPhoenix01, on 26 August 2014 - 02:54 AM, said:

Posted Image

I took me 83 drops to get 20 wins. Several games where I would get between 7 and 9 kills and we'd still lose.

I know your pain... I wasn't getting 7-9 kills, but I had plenty of 4 kill, 900+ damage matches where we'd lose 12-4. ;)

#2485 IronRaginCajun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:18 AM

Can't wait for servers to come back up. What are we waiting for!
o7 Cheers mates!

#2486 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:57 AM

View PostBlackPhoenix01, on 26 August 2014 - 02:54 AM, said:

Posted Image

Like i said my elo must have dropped big time... I was playing guys in starter mechs most the time?!?!? It was fun most the time then got to be a drag....

#2487 Errant Audio

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 70 posts
  • LocationL.A. Area

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:22 PM

I ran a lot in my KFX's, NVA's and SHD's. all run anywhere from a 38-62,5 alpha. My theory was to leave tonnage open while still bringing either heavy-assault firepower or ecm to the team. I led a couple, calling targets in team chat. Only ran into a few *******, too. INNYGMATIC sp? was real cool, wanted to send out kudos to a good sportsman. Probably ran about 50/50, took 3 pretty long days to hit 50. Wasn't really pushing after 20.
Anyway, I thought it was a really fun challenge, hopefully the next will include team ques.

oh, and i was averaging about 3-500dmg per match

#2488 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

View PostAH Chimera, on 26 August 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

I ran a lot in my KFX's, NVA's and SHD's. all run anywhere from a 38-62,5 alpha. My theory was to leave tonnage open while still bringing either heavy-assault firepower or ecm to the team. I led a couple, calling targets in team chat. Only ran into a few *******, too. INNYGMATIC sp? was real cool, wanted to send out kudos to a good sportsman. Probably ran about 50/50, took 3 pretty long days to hit 50. Wasn't really pushing after 20.
Anyway, I thought it was a really fun challenge, hopefully the next will include team ques.

oh, and i was averaging about 3-500dmg per match

Well done <S>

#2489 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:36 PM

T-Bird never thought he would have to use the ejection button, ever. A stray AC shot hit the Commando’s head as the cockpit ejected. One of the stabilizer failed and instead of rising high and slowly descending, T-Bird shot almost horizontally, skipped on the roof of a nearby warehouse before crashing in the factory parking behind.

It took a while to extricate himself from the broken seat and had to cut the straps with his trusty dagger. Time to look for injuries and take stock of the situation. Lucky enough, he only has a few gashes and lacerations on his arms and legs and no idea exactly when he got them. Was it when his ‘mech view screen burst? Or during the ejection? No way to know. And frankly, he has more pressing concerns at the moment.

Eagle’s orders for that kind of situation. Run, Live, regroup.

Time to run now.
On foot, in enemy territory, with a leaking cooling vest, combat boots, a small dagger and a grenade. This will have to do. Blood is everywhere, but it is not his. A worker was unfortunate to be caught in the path of his ejection seat… the man must have died instantly, his legs crushed. It is sad that an innocent man had to be caught in the crossfire. Although the Atlas Hunters were mercenaries, they are not bloodthirsty monsters. They always did their best to avoid civilian casualties and concentrated their efforts on military targets.

This is one of the reasons why there was so much bad blood all of a sudden between them and their employers. Liao’s lackey ordered a scorch raid. A drop on a populated area with orders to terminate with extreme prejudice. They even provided extra canisters of flamer juice. An example had to be made, they said.

This did not sit well with the unit and when the Cappellans’s hidden microphones caught the command meeting discussing the matter, they heard T-Bird’s proposal of breaking the contract and take an offer from the Federated Suns. The liaison officer overreacted and Osprey retaliated. Bad blood ensued.

But, now is not the time to reflect on the past. Now is the time for survival.

What is the best way to hide from those looking for you? You have to make them believe that they have no reason to look.

Fifteen minutes later, Thunderbird of the Atlas Hunters, now wearing only his torn shorts, a light shirt and the blood covered jacket of the unlucky worker dropped his grenade on the corpse of the worker, now wearing a coolant vest, strapped in the ejection seat. The explosive would make sure that the body could not be identified and the cooling vest has to make them believe this is the genuine pilot.

Leaving his most precious possession behind, T-Bird started running in the direction of the city. Guided by the sound of ambulances and cries of panic…

To Be Continued…

More to come !!!!

#2490 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:07 PM

Ok time for some more MWO !!!!

Stop in and check us out at Atlashunters.enjin.com

#2491 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:18 AM

Good Morning MWO ... time to get your game on !!!! AtlasHunters.enjin.com

#2492 mdmzero0

• WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:55 AM

Good morning Atlas Hunters!

#2493 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:35 PM

Name: Zecharvin
Codename: Falcon
Height: 6'0
Weight: 225
Eye Color: Blue
Hair : None
Nationality: Unknown
Allegiance: Clan Jade Falcon, Atlas Hunters Mercenary Unit
Known Mech Configurations: Heavily Customized Atlas, Heavily Customized Timberwolf
Home Planet: Unknown

Zecharvin has always been a brutal fighter and a survivor. He fought and lived through the War of 3039 as a young and arrogant Mechwarrior. According to the record books, he survived an ambush and ended up destroying four opposing light mechs. It is not known how he was able to take down this group of lighter, faster and more maneuverable mechs.. but he did.

Zecharvin fought on both sides, taking the jobs that paid the most C-Bills. He usually worked alone. Over the years, he earned a reputation as a murderer, a hero and a warrior. He was feared and trusted to do the jobs that needed to be done.
Battle of Twycross September 9th, 3050

Zecharvin was part of a battle group while under contract with Clan Jade Falcon at the battle of Twycross in 3050.

He was doing a routine sweep of the area that he was assigned to, when suddenly his radio started going crazy..

"THEY KILLED THEM ALL!!!!" .... and then radio silence.

Zecharvin started shouting into the radio... "WHO DID!?!? WHAT'S GOING ON!?!?!"...

He picked up a blip on his sensors and then it quickly vanished. He moved towards the blip to investigate. Once he arrived, he quickly realized that he was surrounded as a few blips appeared on the radar all around him.

Zech tried to obtain a lock, but it quickly vanished. Suddenly Zech was hit in the left arm with a massive blast of energy from a PPC. He saw a Stalker standing at about 400 meters away. He returned fire with his AC 20 and hit the Stalker in the right torso. The Stalker turned to protect itself. At that same instant, a Commando and a Hunchback ran behind Zech and began firing their lasers and machine guns. While quickly swinging his torso to the left, he opened fire with his triple streaks, dual large lasers and his AC 20. The streaks slammed into the Commando and his AC 20 and large lasers cut deep into the hunchback. A loud explosion could be heard as the Hunchback's left torso exploded. The Hunchback returned fire. He felt a dull pain in his ears as the enemy autocannon shells smashed into the head of his beautiful Atlas.

Zech shook his head and tried to regain his equilibrium. More and more shells as well as a PPC blast nailed his right torso from the rear. He quickly turned away from the Hunchback, only to see that the Stalker had come back.. This was no ordinary Stalker.. It was a Misery and it had opened fire again. The sound of metal hitting metal and a loud explosion was all that Zech heard. He suddenly realized that he had lost his trusty autocannon.

"DIE!!! YOU ********!!!!" he yelled... as he began to open fire with his large lasers while running toward the Misery. He could feel the heat of the enemy weapons cooking the cockpit as sweat poured down his face. He smashed the massive hands of the Atlas into the Misery over and over in an effort to disable it.

Suddenly his mech lost most of it's power.... Two massive autocannon shells slammed into his rear torso and a massive explosion caused his mech to power down.

A voice could be heard over a loud speaker... "Stop resisting. If you give up, I'll spare you."...

A Jagermech stood in front of the crippled Atlas pointing two massive autocannons at him.

Zech responded.. "Who are you?"

The voice responded.. "I'm Ironhawk, and these guys that just kicked your ass are Osprey, Vlad and Thunderbird. How do you feel about making some C-Bills and working for me instead? "

Zech responds.. "Well.. that depends on two things... if I get to kill stuff.. and if the price is right."

It was at that moment when Zech became an Atlas Hunter. He survived many battles fighting alongside Ironhawk and his gang. And yes, he got paid to keep killing stuff.. and made a few friends while doing it.

#2494 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:35 PM

+++
Begin transmission
Comstar HPG txt file com.
Origin: Andurien, Free Worlds League space
Destination: AH compound Outreach
+++
I think I found him, he doesn’t look the same and you would never mistake him for a mech pilot by watching him. Looks like he was burned pretty bad sometime. Doesn’t talk or socialize much, but I will try and confirm his identity. Marik intelligence seems to have put the affair to rest and I don’t think extraction will be a problem. Will confirm upon departure.
Falcon
+++
End transmission
+++
Falcon carefully examined the dirty large man sitting in the corner drinking ale. He had replayed all the possible scenario’s over in his head and didn’t see any other option than the direct approach. Osprey had warned him what to expect if it was Dano and he felt threatened. “He has a fight or fight reaction, he was always found of saying that if you ran it just meant you got shot in the back”. Falcon got up and approached the man watching his reactions, “Mind if I take a seat here?” Falcon asked, “It’s not against regulations so help yourself.” the man replied back. “Not exactly friendly are you” Falcon commented, “Doesn’t pay to be friendly or ask questions here, Marik take trouble makers on this planet seriously and the best option is to work hard, follow the rules, and keep your head down. I’m nothing but an agro-mech driver name of George. I don’t use drugs, need women, or want to overthrow the government, so unless you really want to waste your time way don’t you just **********.” Falcon looked at the man and said “Well that’s not quite what I heard Dano.” The man seemed to freeze, his eyes narrowed, muscles bunching and Falcon was wondering if he had made a big mistake with this approach when Dano seemed to all of sudden just relax and lean back in his chair. “That’s not my name and if it’s the guy I think it is he died 10 years ago.” Falcon stared at the man and said “Well if you’re not him you’re his twin brother.” The man took a long swig from his ale and fixed Falcon with a stare as cold as ice. “Ok, I used to be called Dano a long time ago, now I’m George agro-mech driver. I don’t want any trouble and if you’re with the Marik secret police, might as well shot me now, cause I got nothing to say.” “Whoa hold up there, I’m not with the purple chicken intelligence, I’m with the Atlas Hunters” Falcon explained. Dano popped forward like a big cat pouncing on his prey and said in a low hiss, “There are no Atlas Hunters, they are either all dead or scattered throughout the known universe.” Falcon looked him straight in the eyes and handed him the note that Osprey had told him to use if it got dicey. Dano took the thin scrap of paper and carefully started to read it, his eyes got misty for the briefest second and then he crumpled the note and looked straight back at Falcon saying “OK, who are you and what do you want from me?” Falcon visibly relaxed and said “First I want to verify you are who we think you are and secondly I want to get you off of this dung heap.” Dano looked thoughtful and scratched his chin, “Well I can’t say that leaving this sector of space would cause me any anguish, but why go to the trouble of getting a broken down old agro-mech driver off planet.” Falcon leaned forward, “Ironhawk and Osprey have established a base and are collecting all the survivors to restablish the company. Payback is due in full and it’s time to start with accrued interest. They are also trying to gather all the intel they can about exactly what happened to Eagle.” Dano sat back and took a deep draught from his ale then looked Falcon hard in the eyes, “Ok, I think I can help you on both accounts. If you can get me off this rock with all my personal possessions, I’m yours. If you can’t, then I’m staying.” Falcon looked relieved, the toughest part of this mission might just be over. “Ok, that doesn’t sound too unreasonable, we’ll cover the details of the liftoff last, just tell me everything you remember about Eagle.” Dano leaned back and got a hazy look in his eyes as if he were reliving the entire event. “I was in Gungnir lance with my JM6-A and Osprey leading, when everything went to hell. I had to yank the cord out of my IFF to get lockon’s on those Liao ********. Corey went down hard when Liao sprang the trap on us his Raven took multiple AC-20 hits in the cockpit and the mech just exploded. Their were 3 lances of the Liao traitors on us and I was pounding any mech around Osprey as hard as I could with LRM’s trying to keep them unbalanced. I lost track of Tengu and thought he might have got out but who knows. Osprey was in that butt ugly shadowhawk of his the one with the AC-5 and AC-2. Looks like he welded everything but the kitchen sink on it. Anyways, he was running between them popping everything that moved and I was thrumming them with missiles every chance I got. I saw Osprey drop a Raven, a Cataphract and an Atlas before it got too hot for me. They had taken notice and I had an Awesome, a Cataphract and a Hunchies coming round to take me out. Osprey was legged by that time and I lost all track of him. I was busy circling the Cataphract pounding him with streaks and medium lasers and punching at the Awesome with the LRM’s every time he got outside 180 meters. I killed the Cataphract and the Awesome looked like his front armor was gone and I thought Dano you might just make it outta here when hell light up my cockpit. The Hunchie punched my back armor out and blew the engine, I hit the ejector and guess what. Nothing…that’s right freaking nothing. My mech falls hard on it’s side and the cockpit is starting to burst into flames. The door won’t open and I’m starting to burn. I must have been screaming over the comms because the next thing I see is Eagle coming barreling through those Liao mechs in that light of his. I see him run right past them taking a beating and coming right at me with those lasers locking onto my cockpit. I thanked God that I wouldn’t burn to death and my release would come from the skipper. He was a father figure to all of us and when the chips hit the fan, we knew he would always be there to bail our asses out. He fired and I closed my eyes, but he didn’t hit the cockpit, he blasted the bottom of it out and was able to snuff out the bulk of the flames while giving me an escape hole. I moved through that rupture like a greased pig and got up to look right into the lasers of that oncoming Awesome. Hell I thought, maybe it was better in that cockpit when the mech’s chest just seemed to explode. Skipper took him down while he was licking his lips to smack me. After that I started running for the crop fields, found a place to lie down and hide and watched Eagle make snacks outta 3 more mechs and then ran off again towards the smoke. I was able to find a sympathetic farmer that took me in hid me and nursed me back to health. I’ve been working for him as an agro-mech driver ever since. “ Falcon just stared at Dano for a few seconds and then said “Wow that’s an amazing story, I’m sure Osprey and Ironhawk will want to hear it firsthand.” Alright, I have a dropship at the port and we’ve got trade goods and supplies loading. We’ll be lifting at dawn, will you be there?” Dano looked at Falcon and smiled and said “You bet your wings on that, here’s the manifest for my gear, I have a 65 ton agro-mech all packaged up and waiting in a cheap warehouse, it’s been there for the last 10 years waiting for the right ship to come in. I’ll see you bright and early in the morning.”

+++
Begin transmission
Comstar HPG txt file com.
Origin: Andurien, Free Worlds League space
Destination: AH compound Outreach
+++
Found him alive and well… will be departing at dawn…. He said to tell Osprey he’s coming in and bringing Cupid with him….said you would know what he means.
Falcon
+++
End transmission
+++

#2495 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:00 PM

ok time for some MWO!!!

#2496 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:39 AM

Fun games tonight! And I bagged an Atlas head

Edited by Keira_NZ, 28 August 2014 - 03:39 AM.

#2497 mdmzero0

• WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:23 AM

Gotta love story time with the Atlas Hunters! ;)

#2498 Vandamsel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:34 AM

Had the pleasure of dropping with and against some AH groups lately, Good bunch here, o7 from Hellcats.

#2499 IronRaginCajun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:00 AM

All stories above are nice supplements to the series I'm reading.Keep it close to lore and you can't FAIL. Brilliant, Love it!

#2500 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:27 PM

Thanks all for keeping up with the Thread I was away for the last few ... reloading everything ... new gaming computer!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users