This Is How Your Ui Looks Like

11 replies to this topic

#1 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:55 AM

After the introduction of UI2.0 I waited to be able to read and use it. I waited through the hotfix.
Then I waited 2 weeks, stupidly assuming dozens of posts would get through to the Devs that the text of their UI is unreadable.
Then I waited through the next hotfix.

Then I decided visual support was needed to make my point.

Posted Image

I know it is supposed to read as ENDOSTEEL. And it probably says "DOUBLE" where I think heatsinks are mentioned.

But what is that? HEAT MGMT? HEAT MIDGET?

Well, ok, I built the Mech, I know what it has from the top of my head. No big thing. Let´s go on.

Posted Image

Let´s see how fast my Mech is. There is a SPEED (F10) Line that probably says. 11s@/7.7.1.
Interesting.

And there is a diagram. Neat. It says something about armour.

And according to the UI my Jump Distance is 1G)/27.G I guess it is calculated in fractions of astronimic units or something.

But that is just additional information. I can easily use the UI without reading that, right?

Posted Image

So let´s fine tune a Mech build. Let´s click through all of them to find out which one is the AWS-8R. Dang, that was the -8Q! Ok, let´s try again. OH SNAP. That is a 9, not a 8. It indicates my AWS-9M.

Well thank god there is ONE button I can read without squinting. Guess which one it is...

Posted Image

Damn right.

#2 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:36 AM

Day 16

No worries. I got this covered. I´ll just use windowed mode, this is gonna fix it!

Posted Image

Well...at least I don´t have to look at the akward text to the left hand side anymore.

No, I can´t move the window. Derp.

--------------------

But, hey. Quitters never win. I´ll show a little initiative instead of whining on the forums. I´ll just use another resolution. Russ is probably right. I might be using an unreasonable resolution, right dude?

Posted Image

Waitaminute...

Posted Image

--------------------

But it is going to be ok. Russ will fix it. He knows how much I´d love to play his game.

And he promised, right? ... Right?

Posted Image

Dude...

Posted Image

Edited by Molossian Dog, 20 February 2014 - 04:36 AM.

#3 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:54 AM

Working as Intended TM

#4 DLFReporter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,193 posts
  • LocationAlpenfestung

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:56 AM

How many percent of the people out there use your resolution? 2-5%?
Yep, that's a top priority number of users for any dev with his hands full of other tasks. :o

On the other hand I hope someone will find some time to fix it for you.

#5 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:08 AM

The thin font and tiny buttons look ridiculous on any screen, including in common 1920x1200 (windowed mode on my 2560x1600, 5 ******* year old monitor). It is also harder to read in matches, 'cause **** the one part of the UI that actually looked good.

#6 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:23 AM

View PostDLFReporter, on 20 February 2014 - 04:56 AM, said:

How many percent of the people out there use your resolution? 2-5%?
Yep, that's a top priority number of users for any dev with his hands full of other tasks. :o

On the other hand I hope someone will find some time to fix it for you.

I concur. I am absolutely sure that the devs are busy developing Community Warfare 24/7, day and night and can´t be bothered with spending 10 minutes to implement a different font.

Or add s p a c e between the letters.
Or make the text bold.

I am clearly asking for too much.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 20 February 2014 - 05:23 AM.

#7 nightsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:34 AM

Hey I run 1360x768 on a 30 inch HD monitor and the font is really like ants on the screen your guessing by what you think you see. It would be nice if they increased it a bit and changed fonts the one they use does blurr at the small points it is set at.

I do understand the issue of resources It seems many have suggested that PGI is understaffed for what ever reason but just look at the high quality and detail in the mechs then look at the detain in the MechLab the level of effort in getting the detail right is light years apart and is worse in UI 2.0 not better. It is all about priority.

#8 Ridersofdoom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:34 AM

Problem and solution here:

http://mwomercs.com/...revamp-mockups/

#9 Evil Ed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 527 posts
  • LocationStavanger, Norway

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:09 AM

Your pricing of the advanced UI zoom is wrong. Something like 3050MC would be more in line with PGI modus operandi. The text is terrible on 1920x1080 too, makes me wonder if all developing is done in 640 x 480?

#10 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:22 AM

how did this land in off topic?

anyway the text is too small, i have a 40" with 1920x1080 and i can't read anything without putting my nose on the screen.

At least someone twittered russ the issue and guess what now it's on the table :o

why do we even write in feedback thread, next time we should just bombard him on twitter or what? man...

#11 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:34 AM

because there's 34256943675 ******* threads already out there about this, it's already been mentioned, devs have already commented on it, and posting a "new" thread on it doesn't do anything except violate the CoC. Not to mention the OP is a bit of a dbag about his feedback. That's why it landed here

View Post627, on 20 February 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

how did this land in off topic?

The mouthbreathers on these forums never learn, posting multiple dupes does nothing but get your shit deleted or moved here. Also, next time, why don't you try posting in feedback, there's a novel idea. I guess it's just easier to "get attention" when you make a "new" thread though

#12 Ransack

• 1,175 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:41 AM

View PostDLFReporter, on 20 February 2014 - 04:56 AM, said:

How many percent of the people out there use your resolution? 2-5%? Yep, that's a top priority number of users for any dev with his hands full of other tasks. :o On the other hand I hope someone will find some time to fix it for you.

I run my desktop at 1600x900 and have the same problems. It's not the resolution, it the UI

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users