#2 Klappspaten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

Posted Image

We have decided on the estimated dates of the tournament!
Please be aware that those dates might be subject to change, depending on several premises we can not control, like the timely release of the launch module.

First weekend of qualification:
Friday 09th May 2014
Saturday 10th May 2014

Second weekend of qualification:
Friday 16th May 2014
Saturday 17th May 2014

Third weekend of qualification:
Friday 23rd May 2014
Saturday 24th May 2014

Elimination rounds and finals:
Friday 30th May 2014
Saturday 31st May 2014

Each team will only be required to be present for about two hours at ONE of the days of qualification.
In case you get to the elimination rounds you will need to be present for the whole duration of the elimination games as long as you stay in the tournament.

If we get an overwhelming response we might add further dates!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To register just send an email to s7housechampionships@gmail.com
We will need the following informations from every team that wants to enter:
  • Teamname
  • Unit / Clan / Chapter (only if the case, and only 2 teams per unit)
  • Faction (Only Inner Sphere - Clanplayers please choose the Faction you have ingame)
  • Player 1 - Teamleader and contact person
  • Player 2
  • Player 3
  • Player 4
  • Player 5 (only if the case)
  • Player 6 (only if the case)
  • The timezone your team is based in (we need to know that so we can pair you with teams from similar timezones)
  • Prefered day for your qualification (not guaranteed)
You will then recieve an answer, confirming your registration and your place on the waiting list of your faction.

Those registrations are NOT binding for you, but they are for us.
If anything should occur that keeps you from participating please let us know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Klappspaten, 10 March 2014 - 02:10 PM.

#3 CarnageINC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 216 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:13 AM

How do you guys define what would qualify as pinpoint damage? Its kind of obvious with 2 A/C 20's or 2 Guass. But 2 PPCs and A/C 10 equals 30 pts but travel at different speeds now. Same with the A/C20 and A/C 10 combo. If I have 6 Med lasers and your shut down or not moving isn't a blast to one panel considered pin point damage?

The restriction wording seems to allow for some 'out house' lawyers to make trouble.

#4 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:10 AM

Pinpoint weapons are Ac2, Ac5, UAc5, Ac10, Ac20, Gauss, PPC, ER PPC.
Any combination of these weapons with 30 or more points of damage is prohibited. Projectile speed is irrelevant.
Also ONLY those weapons are relevant to the rule.

For example, a Cataphract with 3 Ac10s falls under the rule and is not allowed. But all the pilot would need to do is to switch one of the Ac10s with a. LB 10-X.

We had not a single complaint about the restrictions in ou last tournament and I am confident that it will stay that way.

Edited by Klappspaten, 11 March 2014 - 03:11 AM.

#5 CarnageINC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 216 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:06 AM

Ahh...okay. I wasn't trolling you, just curious to what your definitions were.

#6 ProfessorD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

View PostKlappspaten, on 10 March 2014 - 02:06 PM, said:

Those registrations are NOT binding for you, but they are for us.

Can you clarify what this means? This is a game, so no part of any of this should be "binding" for anyone.

#7 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:53 AM

I'm getting kinda hype for this.

#8 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:09 AM

View PostProfessorD, on 11 March 2014 - 08:35 AM, said:

Can you clarify what this means? This is a game, so no part of any of this should be "binding" for anyone.

On hindsight I understand the question. ;)

It basically means that if you register now we will put you on the waiting list and we can not scratch you from it. But you are not bound to it for now. If there are any changes to the dates that make it impossible for you to participate we wont be mad at you. ^^

We just need a number on the teams that are interested in participating for our scheduling, before we can give you th e exact date and time for your team to be present.

#9 ProfessorD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

Much appreciated.

This idea fairly promptly blew up when I posted it on our unit forums, so I am quite confident you can expect to see a pair of team registrations from the Apocalypse Lancers Merc Corp within the next few weeks.

Will "Mercenaries" be considered a separate "Faction"? Also, how will you enforce the "two teams per unit" rule?

#10 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

Yes mercenaries will be a seperate faction.

About the "two teams per unit" rule:
There is no real way for us to really control that, so we basically rely on the participants not being jerks.
If we find out that a team circumvented this rule by not stating their unit, ALL teams from the unit concerned will be disqualified. A rather harsh penalty for breaking this rule. But we want as much different units to be able to participate as possible.
Hopefully it wont be necessary to enforce it though.

In our past tournament we had no deliberate violations of the regulations, so I am confident on that point.

However, depending on the amount of registrations we recieve we might open additional qualification groups (if we get many registrations) or allow a third team per unit (if we get few registrations)

Edited by Klappspaten, 13 March 2014 - 03:35 PM.

#11 Scott Decoy Stone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 106 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationhonolulu, hi

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:51 AM

will lances be allowed to change their mechs between matches?

example: lance uses 4 shadowhawks during round 1, during the next match could they bring 2 hunchbacks and 2 catapults? or would they be stuck with the 4 shadowhawks for the duration of the tournament?

#12 Scott Decoy Stone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 106 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationhonolulu, hi

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:18 PM

also, when you say three strikes per team, does that mean 3 total air/artillery or 3 of each air and artillery?

#13 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:57 AM

Posted Image

Unfortunately we have very poor registrations. By now there are only 7 teams registered and two of those are Blue Vengeance.
Since we need the registrations for the exact scheduling of the tournament I will have to close registration next week. The size of the tournament will be determined of the amount of registrations we will have by then. The only way to guarentee a participation is to be registered by then.

Furthermore I will open the number of teams a single unit can send to the tournament. You now can send as many teams as you want!

REGISTRATION CLOSES ON FRIDAY APRIL 11TH 2014 12PM GMT+1

To register just send an email to s7housechampionships@gmail.com
We will need the following informations from every team that wants to enter:
  • Teamname
  • Unit / Clan / Chapter (only if the case, and only 2 teams per unit)
  • Faction (Only Inner Sphere - Clanplayers please choose the Faction you have ingame)
  • Player 1 - Teamleader and contact person
  • Player 2
  • Player 3
  • Player 4
  • Player 5 (only if the case)
  • Player 6 (only if the case)
  • The timezone your team is based in (we need to know that so we can pair you with teams from similar timezones)
  • Prefered day for your qualification (not guaranteed)
You will then recieve an answer, confirming your registration and your place on the waiting list of your faction.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To make this clear:
If we dont get significiantly more registrations we will have to cancel the tournament!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View PostScott Decoy Stone, on 01 April 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

will lances be allowed to change their mechs between matches?

example: lance uses 4 shadowhawks during round 1, during the next match could they bring 2 hunchbacks and 2 catapults? or would they be stuck with the 4 shadowhawks for the duration of the tournament?

Yes teams will be allowed to change Mechs, as long as they stay within the weight limits.

View PostScott Decoy Stone, on 01 April 2014 - 01:18 PM, said:

also, when you say three strikes per team, does that mean 3 total air/artillery or 3 of each air and artillery?

It will only be three strikes at all. So for example, two airstrikes and one artillerystrike.

Edited by Klappspaten, 02 April 2014 - 02:59 AM.

#14 Triban

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • 202 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:49 PM

I'd love to participate, but I only play on weekdays ;)

I can, however, play on Fridays 7-9 AM PST and anytime throughout the day until 4:30 PM PST on Fridays.

Edited by Triban, 02 April 2014 - 04:55 PM.

#15 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:12 AM

You can try to find a team that would play their qualification on fridays.
The finals however will probably be on a weekend, because of the different timezones.

#16 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:49 AM

For your interest, this is a recap of the first week of our last tournament.
Just to show you what kind of action awaits you.

#17 ProfessorD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

Is there any restriction in the rules preventing a particular pilot from being on the roster for multiple teams? I don't see such a restriction in the current rules.

My recommendation, if you are interested: No particular pilot may be listed on the "first four" for more than one team, but they may be a "first four" pilot for one team and a backup (fifth or sixth) for a second team, or they may be a backup (fifth or sixth) for multiple teams.

#18 D34K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 304 posts
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:56 AM

Tempted to signup a lance from Antares Scorpions, 4v4 sounds great fun. Unfortunately this rule regarding pinpoint damage is awful. You are actually trying to punish players who can aim. Very odd idea for a tournament.

Best of luck with it.

#19 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

We tried the rule in our previous tournament and everyone who participated loved it. So I guess the rule can´t be that bad.
There is exactly one reason for the rule. We wanted to see different Mechs than you normally would see in a tournament like this.
In the previous one we saw Thunderbolts, Quickdraws, Dragons, Blackjacks and even Commandos.
So from my point of view the rule did just what we wanted it to do.

If there is a demand, we might seperate it into casual and a competitive classes in the future.
The competitive class would be without those restrictions.

Edited by Klappspaten, 04 April 2014 - 11:17 AM.

#20 Rubidiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:53 AM

I really like idea of limiting pinpoint damage. Although it should be renamed somehow to prevent confusion. AC20 - pinpoint, and lasers - nonpinpoint??? ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users