How Xp And Battlemech Mastery Works

Guide

90 replies to this topic

#61 Pekiti

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:00 PM

Dear God...and all this time I had no idea. (bashes head on keyboard) That is the first mention of it I have seen.

I'm going to put you on speed dial, too.

#62 Pekiti

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:12 AM

OK...check for understanding, using the mechs I currently own as an example.

So (as I understand it) if I want to Master the Raven 3L (ecm), I should drive:

Raven 3L, Huginn, and one other variant to unlock their Basic perks, then the Elite perks (which gives me double basics) on just the Raven 3L,
Firestarter S model, Ember, and one other variant to unlock their Basic perks,
Jenner D, Jenner F, and one other variant to unlock their Basic perks,
then return to the Raven 3L to unlock Mastery of it.

At that point I could buy any Light mech, drive it to unlock Basic, then Elite, then Mastery (without having to buy/drive other variants of that chassis to get Mastery perk).

Is that correct?

p.s. I think the phrase 'three variants in one weight class' is throwing me. You meant 3 different chassis in one weight class, right?

Edited by Pekiti, 27 May 2014 - 08:38 AM.

#63 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:29 AM

View PostPekiti, on 27 May 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

p.s. I think the phrase 'three variants in one weight class' is throwing me. You meant 3 different chassis in one weight class, right?

For basic to elite unlock - you need three variants of one chassis (three ravens, three commando, three whatever)
For elite to master unlock - you need three variants of one weight class. (three ravens, or a raven, commando, and firestarter)

#64 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:56 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 22 February 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

How you gain XP:
Win - 300xp
Loss - 100xp
(NOTE: Ties reward 0 xp)

Ties may finally be getting fixed. It was brought to Karl's attention and he confirmed that the 0 XP from a tie is an oversight that didn't get fixed. Don't know if it's been taken care of yet or not.

#65 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:58 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 27 June 2014 - 08:56 PM, said:

Ties may finally be getting fixed. It was brought to Karl's attention and he confirmed that the 0 XP from a tie is an oversight that didn't get fixed. Don't know if it's been taken care of yet or not.

Let me know if it is - my gaming rig is not in a place I can readily connect it to the internet at the moment. :unsure:

Need to keep the guide accurate though. :blink:

#66 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

I'd have to get a tie to find out :blink:

#67 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:45 PM

True dat.

I have had a fair number of them - but I do not think I have hit 20 my whole career here. :blink:
Unless they put that in the patch notes, that one is going to be tricky to keep track of.

#68 --Saint--

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

I have reached mastery with my Jenners but when I reached basic with my kit fox (same weight category), it doesnt unlock elite levels, which is strange because I already have unlocked elite with 3 chassis of the same weight class. Is this normal? Do I have to unlock basics for the other 2 Kit fox variants? I really don´t want to!

Ah, forget it, just read Shar Wolf´s post, will have to unlock basics for all three variants of the Kit fox, but after that I can just run my fave and forget about the other 2

#69 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:28 PM

You had me sweating there for a bit :D
(did they change something? do clans work different? do clans just not count in with the IS chassis for unlocks?)

Good to hear you (may have) found the solution

#70 Pekiti

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:56 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 11 July 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

You had me sweating there for a bit :)
(did they change something? do clans work different? do clans just not count in with the IS chassis for unlocks?)

Good to hear you (may have) found the solution

That's exactly how it worked out for me. I already had Mastery unlocked on other lights, and I had to basic all three (center torsos, lol) of the KF, then I could go on and Elite > Mastery for the Prime version. The other two variants are gathering dust in the hangar, thanks to the wonders of Omnipods.

#71 AllSystemsNominal

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

Great guide - thanks

#72 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:39 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 27 June 2014 - 09:45 PM, said:

True dat.

I have had a fair number of them - but I do not think I have hit 20 my whole career here. :)
Unless they put that in the patch notes, that one is going to be tricky to keep track of.

Hey, guess what? It happened! And it's in the patchnotes! Time to add 100xp to ties!

#73 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:11 PM

Update: some formatting, and working on a list of variants that count as the same as other variants for XP purposes....

(IE: the champions, founders, invasion or the like)

#74 Qtvcfr

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 51 posts
  • LocationManhattan, Kansas

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:13 PM

Man, I wish this would have been around when I started playing. I thought MXP = MC. And since I didn't want to spend any real money on accident I Basiced out my JR7-D with GXP (took about 3 solid months of play) before I realized what Mech XP was. Had approximately 100,000 earned for that Jenner by then. :lol:

Edited by Qtvcfr, 30 September 2014 - 04:13 PM.

#75 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:33 PM

Similar - which is part of why I wrote it! :lol:

#76 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:35 AM

Update: Champion value increase and new Trenchbucket (C)

#77 BrrtWarthog

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:17 PM

So I know you need three variants of the same chassis basic'ed out to unlock the elite tier. Here's my question: do you have to maintain ownership of all three variants while skilling up the basics?

Example - I bought the Catapult C1 and skilled up all the basics. I then bought the C4 and skilled up all the basics on that. I'm now in the process of skilling up my K2 to finish my three variants and unlock the elite tier; I have about half of the basics skilled on the K2. Can I sell my C1 and/or C4 before fully skilling the basics on the K2, or do I have to have ownership all three in order to unlock the elite tier?

The reason I ask is because I'm playing very casually right now, and I've consigned myself to grinding for c-bills rather than spending real-world money for the time being. The extra c-bills would be more beneficial in the short term than having the extra chassis.

#78 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:58 PM

View PostCompleteFailure, on 07 October 2014 - 12:17 PM, said:

So I know you need three variants of the same chassis basic'ed out to unlock the elite tier. Here's my question: do you have to maintain ownership of all three variants while skilling up the basics?

I did a test on that.

Bought 3 Hunchbacks, and only owning one at a time, leveled them up.

Good news: You only need to own one at a time, as the game remembers what level you have unlocked - and according to the new patch notes, even shows it for sold chassis
Bad news: that is a pretty expensive way to go about it - DHS tax and all being lost when you sell

#79 BrrtWarthog

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:53 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 07 October 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

I did a test on that.

Bought 3 Hunchbacks, and only owning one at a time, leveled them up.

Good news: You only need to own one at a time, as the game remembers what level you have unlocked - and according to the new patch notes, even shows it for sold chassis
Bad news: that is a pretty expensive way to go about it - DHS tax and all being lost when you sell

Thanks. Yeah, it's not ideal, but when you're sick of the chassis you're in and short only a mil or two to finish your next build, sometimes it's the fastest way to get it done.

#80 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:45 PM

Update - added the new (C) mech
(and am working on updating what gives XP...)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users