Please Provide An Official Update Regarding The Eu Server.

29 replies to this topic

#1 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:46 AM

I don't know if this is in the right part of the forum, but is a question regarding an upcoming feature so i put it here.
Please move it to where it's supposed to be if necessary.

Could the dev's give the players not from North America an official update on the EU server situation?
I don't think we have heard anything since Operation Clarification back in 2012.
http://mwomercs.com/...-clarification/

Yes i know a lot of players say there aren't enough non North American players to make a new server worth the money but it would be nice to hear that they still haven't abandoned us.
Any news at all would be better than nothing.

Edit: This is not a question like others have missunderstood. It is a request for an update on the EU server situation.

Edited by Spleenslitta, 23 February 2014 - 08:54 AM.

#2 Axeman1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:13 AM

You already answered this. Not enough players for ONE server.

#3 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:25 AM

View PostAxeman1, on 23 February 2014 - 08:13 AM, said:

You already answered this. Not enough players for ONE server.

We haven't heard anything in almost 2 years. An official statement is quite overdue i think.

#4 Flying Judgement

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 475 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:39 AM

well i love to know too. And rumors says there are a lot more non US players than US

#5 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:41 AM

it would be good to know 1 way or the other

on the 1 hand it would be helpful to have better ping and maybe better stability

on the other hand there was that nonsense about having regional accounts due to server hosts which for some reason other titles tend to have managed to avoid this decade (don't know why PGI couldn't manage this).

Edited by NextGame, 23 February 2014 - 08:43 AM.

#6 Snowcrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:43 AM

I would like to know this too. I want a EU server ;)

#7 Cybermech

Tool

• 2,097 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:46 AM

wow you guys must not have any none EU friends. ;)
Cause for me this would really be a negative thing.
Didn't like the idea back 2 years ago, still don't today.

Still you did answer your own question, not enough peeps.

#8 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:50 AM

View PostFlying Judgement, on 23 February 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

well i love to know too. And rumors says there are a lot more non US players than US

Wish we could get ahold of those statistics so we could know for certain how many the lack of a non North American server is hurting.

View PostCybermech, on 23 February 2014 - 08:46 AM, said:

wow you guys must not have any none EU friends. ;)
Cause for me this would really be a negative thing.
Didn't like the idea back 2 years ago, still don't today.

Still you did answer your own question, not enough peeps.

This is not a question. It is a request for an update on the situation.

#9 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:50 AM

I dunno if there is not enough players. When I drop during the day I sure see a lot of German in chat. I regularly drop with several players from EU (Greece and England mostly). If we had EU servers wouldn't that attract more players?

#10 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:52 AM

View PostDavers, on 23 February 2014 - 08:50 AM, said:

I dunno if there is not enough players. When I drop during the day I sure see a lot of German in chat. I regularly drop with several players from EU (Greece and England mostly). If we had EU servers wouldn't that attract more players?

That's something i've been thinking of too. There is one other mech game out there with a EU server (i won't name them).
That game probably has less or equal amount of players compared to MWO. They could afford multiple serverfarms...so why not PGI?

#11 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

Just for the record, demanding an updating from the devs is technically against the rules.

With that said, just remember that the costs must weigh against the benefits. I'm not saying a EU (or insert another location) is not beneficial, but you'd have to question whether or not they are getting enough money to justify making such a commitment. If there is not enough money, localizing to just Canada is unfortunately the way to go.

So, that is a very important case to be made if such a server is in demand.

#12 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 23 February 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

Just for the record, demanding an updating from the devs is technically against the rules.

With that said, just remember that the costs must weigh against the benefits. I'm not saying a EU (or insert another location) is not beneficial, but you'd have to question whether or not they are getting enough money to justify making such a commitment. If there is not enough money, localizing to just Canada is unfortunately the way to go.

So, that is a very important case to be made if such a server is in demand.

I know this and i did put a please in the thread title. But having an update on the situation after 2 years can't hurt.
Just so we can know if they have done anything at all or if they just ignore it.

We who aren't from North America have the right ask to be updated on something that hasn't been said anything for so long.
This is important in the extreme for us.

#13 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:02 AM

Bryan Ekman @bryanekman · Feb 6

@M_Chicky_Chater @russ_bullock we're finalizing localization right now. Then we're going to be looking for reg dedicated servers after.

Twitter quote.

#14 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 23 February 2014 - 07:46 AM, said:

Yes i know a lot of players say there aren't enough non North American players to make a new server worth the money but it would be nice to hear that they still haven't abandoned us.

Who knows, maybe its the other way around - not enough NA players to allow a regional split.

#15 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

View PostWieland, on 24 February 2014 - 09:02 AM, said:

Twitter quote.

I know there's no rush, but we're at least 2 weeks past since that quote.. You figure it'll up and enabled during some patch day, but until a CC post or otherwise, I can't quite take it at their word.

Even then, have you even read some of the previous discussion about this very topic/behavior? You simply would not have "shared resources" across different servers, so if you were to transfer your account to the EU server, you will have to get a completely new account if you want to play with the current Canadian servers (in Toronto I think?). Of course, those were the plans at the time. You can find that discussion in the older AtDs if you wish to know more.

#16 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 24 February 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

I know there's no rush, but we're at least 2 weeks past since that quote.. You figure it'll up and enabled during some patch day, but until a CC post or otherwise, I can't quite take it at their word.

Even then, have you even read some of the previous discussion about this very topic/behavior? You simply would not have "shared resources" across different servers, so if you were to transfer your account to the EU server, you will have to get a completely new account if you want to play with the current Canadian servers (in Toronto I think?). Of course, those were the plans at the time. You can find that discussion in the older AtDs if you wish to know more.

If only there was a Community Manager who could update us...

#17 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 23 February 2014 - 07:46 AM, said:

Please Provide An Official Update Regarding The Eu Server.

Posted Image

#18 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:55 AM

View PostWieland, on 24 February 2014 - 09:02 AM, said:

Twitter quote.

View PostDeathlike, on 24 February 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

Wieland...Deathlike...You guys just made a 33 year old gamer cry rivers of tears and snot out of pure joy.
I never go near Twitter so i would never have heard of this otherwise (it's almost like i believe a scabby plaguerat would bite me in the buttocks if i ever showed my face there)

Thank you so much. (digital hug)

View PostThorn Hallis, on 24 February 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:

Who knows, maybe its the other way around - not enough NA players to allow a regional split.

That sounds....horrifying. That would make things difficult. I never thought about things from that angle. Thanks for the bringing this to my attention.

#19 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

Match maker struggles to put out 12v 12 now .

You seriously think its a good idea ?

I think it would be a bad idea for PGI to say anything from a business point of view

#20 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:08 PM

I know this is kind of a textwall but the 2nd lowest part is a summary of one of my recent matches so it explains a lot.

View PostCathy, on 25 February 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

Match maker struggles to put out 12v 12 now .

You seriously think its a good idea ?

I think it would be a bad idea for PGI to say anything from a business point of view

Well...we all have our viewpoints. And i can most certainly understand your viewpoint. I have seen the matchmaker struggling at times.
But right now a lot of players are playing the game in a state that is barelly playable.
That isn't good for business either. They will lose customers for certain over time if it continues like this.

Most of the time i can fight almost normaly but with some lag that stops me from using PPC, AC, Gauss on a moving target accuratly even if i myself is standing still.
I can hit stuff....but not reliably.
Anything other than lasers, flamer, MG, LRM, streak missiles are almost hopeless to use reliably.
Below is a sample of what i experienced in a match just a few moments ago.

First 2-3 minutes of the fight was the usual lag, but controllable. Then the rubberbanding started. I teleported all over the place.
For a few seconds i'm firing into the back of a Highlander.
Then i'm out in the open with a hill behind me.
The next moment i'm about 100 meters away from there facing a hillside. Then i get disconnected.

No matter how you look at it that is not a state that can be called....perfectly acceptable for the non North American players.

Edited by Spleenslitta, 25 February 2014 - 02:14 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users