Buff La Malinche

53 replies to this topic

Poll: La Malinche feedback (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you happy with the current La Malinche implementation?

1. Yes, it is worth of the investment. (4 votes [6.35%])

Percentage of vote: 6.35%

2. No, it is underwhelmed. (39 votes [61.90%])

Percentage of vote: 61.90%

3. No opinion. (20 votes [31.75%])

Percentage of vote: 31.75%

What would you suggest for making La Malinche affordable?

1. Add an ECM hardpoint. (11 votes [13.92%])

Percentage of vote: 13.92%

2. Add an extra weapon hardpoint. (34 votes [43.04%])

Percentage of vote: 43.04%

3. Add Jump Jets. (13 votes [16.46%])

Percentage of vote: 16.46%

4. Other improvement (specify in a post). (6 votes [7.59%])

Percentage of vote: 7.59%

5. It's good as it is. (15 votes [18.99%])

Percentage of vote: 18.99%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

Nobody will deny the recently added hero Banshee La Malinche feels underwhelmed.

It has only 6 weapon hardpoints, 2 less then the BNC-3E and the BNC-3M and 4 less than the BNC-3S.

I suggest PGI to improve it enough to make the huge MC investment more reasonable.

So, how to do it? Here are some (simple) alternatives:

1- add an ECM hardpoint. That would be very adequate for a mech with the name of a "traitor" and would consume almost no PGI resources. That's the easiest fix ever. Really, it's just a quick change in the code. The mech would not be OP or P2W, as there is still a much better Atlas D-DC out there.
2- add an extra missile hardpoint to the RT. The mech has 20 missile tubes for a stock LRM15. Why not adding an extra missile hardpoint with 5 tubes? Let's face it: just one missile hardpoint isn't very effective for a mech of that size.
3- add (the planned) Jump Jets.
4- (new) add an extra ballistic hardpoint to the LT.

PGI: some of us we really want to buy this mech, but you will need to try harder.

Edited by Odanan, 08 March 2014 - 06:19 AM.

#2 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:16 PM

It has a couple of perks over the other Banshee models;

the BNC-3E has all torso weapons and a limited ability to bend, meaning targets not directly forward on the same elevation are going to give it a tough time.

The BNC-3S has arm hardpoints, but it's limited in the engine size that it can carry.

I'm actually kind of digging the hero 'Mech, but I would not complain if it got jump jets or ECM because I paid like $35 bucks for it.

Edited by DocBach, 05 March 2014 - 09:17 PM.

#3 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:35 PM

while I totally support this Thread, I can't agree with ECM. ECM, like JJs cross a potentially huge P2W boundary, unfortunately. Since no cbill variant carries these options, locking them behind a pay wall just raises too much potential for backlash.

(And trust me, I really wish it had JJ!)

Sadly, my first choice of buff, is also a no go.... redesigning the bloody thing to actually LOOK like a Banshee. Not a fat, redneck cousin to the Atlas.

My thought for buff? Either add a second energy hardpoint to each arm, or a second missile point to the right torso. Oh... and please lose the stupid mouth laser. IDK what Alex intended, with the box lasers PGIs modeler use, it just looks stupid. Put it back on the forehead.

Now that said, here is what I do like about it: The Hitboxes are fantastic,. At least as long as you don't equip the missile rack, you have far greater durability than an Atlas, even with an XL. Good speed cap.

Just needs the hardpoints to not only maximize that speed and hitbox set up, but to give us more customization options. Also, not too happy that when I mount a laser in the LT, it's high mount, near the head. When I mount a PPC, it gets loaded side car to the Autocannon. I get not wanting to contribute to the meta (hence the hideously low arms) but a single PPC does not Meta meck, guys.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 05 March 2014 - 09:39 PM.

#4 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:14 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 March 2014 - 09:35 PM, said:

Sadly, my first choice of buff, is also a no go.... redesigning the bloody thing to actually LOOK like a Banshee. Not a fat, redneck cousin to the Atlas.

Agreed, for me to buy this Hero they need to redesign it to look like a Banshee:
1)Canine/Feline/Demon-like Skull head with fangs and overbite instead of the dull looking underbite.
2)More lanky, the Banshee should compare to the Atlas like the Shadowhawk compares to the Wolverine proportions-wise.
3)Make a five-finger humanoid hand or some 3-5-finger claw.

Also beeing able to change the camo pattern is needed.

As discussed here:
http://mwomercs.com/...or-the-banshee/
http://www.nogutsnog...g14339#msg14339
http://mwomercs.com/...60#entry3200860

#5 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:43 AM

The thing is the Banshee was a Fast Assault. Few weapons cause of big engines. Sorry guys PGI is treating the Banshee as it should be treated. The 5S was the first powerful Banshee with a Gauss, 2x PPC some Mediums and a 6pack. With a Small laser fr no real god reason but there was nothing left to add.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 06 March 2014 - 03:43 AM.

#6 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:02 AM

I think is useless to ask PGI to change the Banshee's 3D model or the hero's painting. They won't do it. (anyway, I kind of like how it is)

This thread is more about the combat efficiency of the chassis and variants, specially about the hero mech.

#7 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:09 AM

I really love the Banshee.... in general

But that Hero is underwhelming - its ugly - (not the cool ugly like the urban mech - the real ugly)
Its nothing else but a 5t lighter AS7-K with 1 AMS.

So give it a ECM - (if PGI fear ECM will make it P2W - they really should think about their ECM solution)

Last not least - remodell and retexture the Mech - allow it to use other camo pattern (not those sole ugly unique hero pattern) and of course remove that 6th finger....

After that i will think about buying this Hero

#8 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:25 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 06 March 2014 - 03:43 AM, said:

The thing is the Banshee was a Fast Assault. Few weapons cause of big engines. Sorry guys PGI is treating the Banshee as it should be treated. The 5S was the first powerful Banshee with a Gauss, 2x PPC some Mediums and a 6pack. With a Small laser fr no real god reason but there was nothing left to add.

actually, the 3S was the first "powerful" Banshee, Joseph. Your Mech-Fu is slipping! :P That said, if you look at the other "weak" versions, the 3E and the 3M, they both pack more hardpoints than the La Malinche. The original test version had JJs, apparently (which were removed for P2W fears, one can assume) which likely explains the more limited hardpoints. Problem is, the production Hero has no JJs, but still has the weakest hardpoints of all the Banshees.

#9 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:35 AM

View PostOdanan, on 06 March 2014 - 04:02 AM, said:

I think is useless to ask PGI to change the Banshee's 3D model or the hero's painting. They won't do it. (anyway, I kind of like how it is)

This thread is more about the combat efficiency of the chassis and variants, specially about the hero mech.

BTW Odanan, will be even more upset if the get Lazy on the BNC-3S- Left arm better not have a hand or even look like the right, since it has a Warhammer arm mated in place of the original.

And WIP on proper Banshee with tall lanky build, and "vic rattlehead" grinning skull with shades.
Posted Image

#10 Ragnar Darkmane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:39 AM

Giving it ECM will break the p2w wall. No chance this will happen or PGI will have to prepare for a MASSIVE shitstorm.

Edited by Ragnar Darkmane, 06 March 2014 - 04:39 AM.

#11 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:42 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 March 2014 - 04:35 AM, said:

And WIP on proper Banshee with tall lanky build, and "vic rattlehead" grinning skull with shades.
[beautiful Banshee]

Ohh this is amazing!
You managed to keep all the Banshee elements (glasses, mouth, small laser between the eyes) and still make it beautiful. Stop it!

View PostRagnar Darkmane, on 06 March 2014 - 04:39 AM, said:

Giving it ECM will break the p2w wall. No chance this will happen or PGI will have to prepare for a MASSIVE shitstorm.

Why? The Atlas D-DC would still be a better, free mech.

#12 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:43 AM

View PostRagnar Darkmane, on 06 March 2014 - 04:39 AM, said:

Why? I thought ECM is perfectly balanced and work as intended?

But equipment is only fine when you don't have to pay for it right? For example if and only if RnR would be rolled back - and you have to throw tons of money into the game to run a Dakka Dakka Jaeger - the same Mech that is now - perfectly balanced - will become P2W?

Edited by Karl Streiger, 06 March 2014 - 04:43 AM.

#13 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:00 AM

View PostOdanan, on 06 March 2014 - 04:42 AM, said:

Ohh this is amazing!
You managed to keep all the Banshee elements (glasses, mouth, small laser between the eyes) and still make it beautiful. Stop it!

Why? The Atlas D-DC would still be a better, free mech.

simple enough, what the Atlas has is of no bearing. Sadly, by the way the community understands P2W, it doesn't matter if an equivalent chassis can do it, but only that if the chassis in question has a feature totally unavailable to the free crowd.

Technically, the Misery already did this by carrying a ballistic. And in theory the same should be doable with JJs or ECM, simply give it strong nerfs in other areas. But the "P2W" crowd has changed the meaning from "Pay to ...you know... WIN", to "If I can't have it for free it's WRONG WRONG WRONG!"

View PostOdanan, on 06 March 2014 - 04:42 AM, said:

Ohh this is amazing!

:P

#14 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:02 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 06 March 2014 - 04:43 AM, said:

Why? I thought ECM is perfectly balanced and work as intended?

I see what you are doing here... :P

#15 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:05 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 March 2014 - 05:00 AM, said:

simple enough, what the Atlas has is of no bearing. Sadly, by the way the community understands P2W, it doesn't matter if an equivalent chassis can do it, but only that if the chassis in question has a feature totally unavailable to the free crowd.

Technically, the Misery already did this by carrying a ballistic.

Not to mention the 3 big ballistics Ilya Muromets, the missile X-5 and the 4 machineguns Ember... Come on, PGI, you can do it! Give La Malinche something!

#16 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:05 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 March 2014 - 05:00 AM, said:

Technically, the Misery already did this by carrying a ballistic. And in theory the same should be doable with JJs or ECM, simply give it strong nerfs in other areas. But the "P2W" crowd has changed the meaning from "Pay to ...you know... WIN", to "If I can't have it for free it's WRONG WRONG WRONG!"

good to know - that some still know the meaning of P2W :P

View PostOdanan, on 06 March 2014 - 05:02 AM, said:

[/size]
I see what you are doing here... :P

Me - me do nothing ... ali nix schuld

#17 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:07 AM

View PostOdanan, on 06 March 2014 - 05:05 AM, said:

Not to mention the 3 big ballistics Ilya Muromets, the missile X-5 and the 4 machineguns Ember... Come on, PGI, you can do it! Give La Malinche something!

thing is, other Ilyas had Ballistics, the FS9-H has 2 MGS...those are just juggling numbers on existing options. The X5 i did forget about (but then, so have most people)

#18 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:10 AM

Change the name to "La Munchie"

Thin its overall profile a bit, it looks too much like a battlemaster, I would like to see a tall lanky assault mech (as opposed to a tall lanky medium, IE trebuchet)

Move the Left torso energy point to the right, add a extra energy point to each arm, add a second ballistic point to the left torso.

#19 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:24 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 March 2014 - 04:25 AM, said:

actually, the 3S was the first "powerful" Banshee, Joseph. Your Mech-Fu is slipping! :P That said, if you look at the other "weak" versions, the 3E and the 3M, they both pack more hardpoints than the La Malinche. The original test version had JJs, apparently (which were removed for P2W fears, one can assume) which likely explains the more limited hardpoints. Problem is, the production Hero has no JJs, but still has the weakest hardpoints of all the Banshees.

I haven't looked at the Banshees as I thought the Hero was being released first. You are right and the # of HPs should be on par with other Banshees, But Banshees generally still had fewer weapons cause they had bigger engines.

And Hel Yeah on your concept art sir!

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 06 March 2014 - 07:24 AM.

#20 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:55 AM

Aahhhh NO!

Why buff it? It is a 95 ton walking tank. Many I have seen load up with an LRM 20 and Ultra AC5 ammo to boot. With the energy they throw in Larges in the arms and a tag in the head. Works well I guess.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users