- - - - -

Empty Bay Slot

28 replies to this topic

#21 alby910

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

I have hunchback , I would like to know how to change the weapons I have . I did upgrade to endosteel and double heat sinks . I have also placed an AMS . I keep gettin a message that I have unused AMS ammo does it mean I have less ammo or too much . Could anyone tell me how do I change my weapons , and what would be the best upgrades initially , and once again thanks for your help . .

#22 Champion Unknown

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 23 posts
  • LocationIn my cockpit

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:02 PM

View Postalby910, on 08 March 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

I have hunchback , I would like to know how to change the weapons I have . I did upgrade to endosteel and double heat sinks . I have also placed an AMS . I keep gettin a message that I have unused AMS ammo does it mean I have less ammo or too much . Could anyone tell me how do I change my weapons , and what would be the best upgrades initially , and once again thanks for your help . .

When teh game says ammo is 'unused' it usually means that you have ammo, but nothing to apply it to. You may want to check to see if the AMS did apply.

To change weapons, first you must remove the weapons already equipped to replace them. I am not too familiar with the Hunchback, but I believe the weapons are on the right torso and arms. Depending on what you have already there will determine what you can apply.

I am no good with building Hunchbacks so maybe someone will come around with more knowledge than me. If you wish, you can also do some research on your own on your particular mech, and find out what will suit you.

Good luck!

Edited by Tony Steiner, 08 March 2014 - 04:03 PM.

#23 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:15 PM

View Postalby910, on 08 March 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

Unused AMS ammo means you do not have an AMS. There's a specific place you have to put it (left torso).
You need to remove things to add things. Every mech has a limited set of hardpoints. Some energy, some ballistic, some missile.

If you can stomach a little bit of unclassy adult language...
I refit a brand new Ember into a very different fighting style by completely changing it out here.

I check the upgrades first, then get into the mech itself. I change armor, change ammo, load up autocannons, calculate my heatsink needs, etc.

Edited by Koniving, 08 March 2014 - 04:17 PM.

#24 alby910

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:27 PM

Where can I find info about mechs and what weapon slots they might have so i can choose the right one for me

#25 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:38 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

Best resource for you

Also, if you tell me which hunchie you have, I can definitely give you the builds I have designed for them.

Or even doctor a build specifically for your style.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 08 March 2014 - 08:38 PM.

#26 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:43 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 07 March 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

I made an account today and it wasn't.

Turn off any ad-blockers.

You need to actually click on Download, and it will show up about 30 seconds later.

#27 MW222

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 620 posts
  • LocationWay, Way Over there, Face North turn left or was that right?

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:30 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 07 March 2014 - 05:14 AM, said:

Mechbays are active already

they are empty though. What do you think they do? They are just slots for holding mechs you purchase. Each mechbay is an open place where you can put a mech you purchase.

You can purchase mechs with C-Bills, and with MC. However, I would recommend you don't spend MC on mechs that aren't champion or Hero variants.

The difference is that Hero mechs have unique hardpoints and also come with a permanent 30% C-Bill boost. While Champion mechs are just customized variants of existing mechs and have a 10% XP boost.

the 25 games are just your cadet start. Your mechbays are already active.

Basically if you are using all your mechbays you can't purchase another mech without selling a mech you own or buying a new mechbay.

EDIT: Trial mechs have their own independent mechbays that are outside your control, so they don't take up nay of your mechbays.

It's not a real big issue just a bit annoying, just put a icon in the lower dpi basic Mech lab window like you did for the Mech name box. Bays owned, Bays full and link to Store to purchase more. Oh for the record I do miss the full load window that's only available at the higher dpi, but what are you go to do. Done and Done.

#28 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:56 PM

View PostMW222, on 29 June 2015 - 04:30 PM, said:

It's not a real big issue just a bit annoying, just put a icon in the lower dpi basic Mech lab window like you did for the Mech name box. Bays owned, Bays full and link to Store to purchase more. Oh for the record I do miss the full load window that's only available at the higher dpi, but what are you go to do. Done and Done.

We had the mechbay count box before this latest UI modification. We're hoping that the next fix (rolling on the 10th I think) will re-instate that, and fix other issues the UI has.

EDIT: Just checked, it's rolling on the 21st of July

Edited by IraqiWalker, 29 June 2015 - 04:58 PM.

#29 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:10 PM

Or, if you click STORE and then MECHBAY it will tell you how many empty mech bays you have.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users