#521 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:07 AM

View PostKIYOOU1, on 30 March 2014 - 04:48 AM, said:

"You'll accumulate 8 million bonus C-Bills over your next 25 games, even if you've already received the Cadet Bonus before. That's enough C-Bills to buy a whole new BattleMech!"

So I have 27 games and so far i havent received the 8 million bonus c-bills? Hm... WHY?!

If you played 25 games before the stats wipe, you won't get the cadet bonus anymore. (Check your achievements to find out if you have cadet bonus' left to go through, they are at the bottom.)

If you are new to the game and aren't unlocking those achievements, get in touch with support and they can help you out.

#522 Thor 33

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:50 PM

So after not being able to play for a couple of weeks I logged in tonight to continue my quest to get more kills than deaths. I was at about 1300 kills and 1400 deaths. I was working for MONTHS to accomplish this. Now I see that months of work are gone. Wasted my time. Wasting my time is my biggest peeve. I will NEVER play this game again. Why bother? Once I work for months to achieve something you will arbitrarily wipe it for some different crap. Way to finally kill my desire for the one computer game I enjoyed.

#523 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:21 AM

You have your Stats stored - they are not gone...

#524 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:20 AM

View PostThor 33, on 30 March 2014 - 08:50 PM, said:

So after not being able to play for a couple of weeks I logged in tonight to continue my quest to get more kills than deaths. I was at about 1300 kills and 1400 deaths. I was working for MONTHS to accomplish this. Now I see that months of work are gone. Wasted my time. Wasting my time is my biggest peeve. I will NEVER play this game again. Why bother? Once I work for months to achieve something you will arbitrarily wipe it for some different crap. Way to finally kill my desire for the one computer game I enjoyed.

On the stats page, there is a drop down on the upper right. Select "Archived" and do a little math. PGI knew people were proud of their stats and took this into consideration.

#525 Ordellus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 215 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:48 AM

View PostDirus Nigh, on 14 March 2014 - 09:15 PM, said:

I'm sorry but there is no I in this team based game. Team based game and kill stealing are contradictory terms.

False, since kills are tracked and KDR is calculated..... kill stealing in this game is absolutely a thing.

Sounds like a kill stealer doesn't like hearing how much he sucks.

#526 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

View PostThor 33, on 30 March 2014 - 08:50 PM, said:

I also worked a few weeks in a row to get from a negative value to a positive one. I went from 0.88 to 1.12 before reset. I won't write all over again but I started a thread asking people what was their K/D ratio back then. Read it here.

#527 ConanTheGamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

View PostDragonsFire, on 14 March 2014 - 03:21 PM, said:

Eh, if I'm shooting at someone and someone else is shooting at my target and happens to get the kill, I'm generally thrilled, especially in a PUG drop, because it means someone was paying attention to what I'm shooting at and helping out. It also means that we both can move on to the next target that much quicker.

Edit: Also, looking forward to seeing what the rewards will be and how they will be structured.

In another word: "There's no I in TEAM."

#528 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:22 PM

There is no Team without some "I"s.

:angry:

#529 BillyM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:27 PM

"You have unlocked an achievement" on this 400x600 pixel window that is 3/4 blank space, but we're not going to actually tell you what you did to achieve it... You have to click 4 different buttons and scroll an unsortable list to find out why you actually got it!

BAHAHAHAHAHA.

Another fine example of workflow processes in the new UI.

Please... fire your UI guy. Just fire him straight-out...

--billyM

Edited by BillyM, 31 March 2014 - 02:28 PM.

#530 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,384 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

stat wipe was ... still... odd. I don't see the point. It isn't like any balance changes had been made, no new matchmaker, no Elo adjustment, no buckets. So why the reset? Your statistical trends have all likely continued @ the same percentages.

*shrugs*

Edited by Amsro, 31 March 2014 - 03:39 PM.

#531 Ordellus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 215 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:20 AM

View PostConanTheGamer, on 31 March 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

In another word: "There's no I in TEAM."

Except it's a stat that is recorded and measured. So he has every right to be upset when someone swoops in at the last second to benefit from his work, and potentially skilled playing.

#532 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:32 AM

View PostAmsro, on 31 March 2014 - 03:39 PM, said:

stat wipe was ... still... odd. I don't see the point. It isn't like any balance changes had been made, no new matchmaker, no Elo adjustment, no buckets. So why the reset? Your statistical trends have all likely continued @ the same percentages.

*shrugs*

It was reset so everyone would be able to work towards the achievements at the same time. Otherwise, long time players would have logged in after the achievements were patched and would have receive most of the awards all at once.

Jody

#533 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,384 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:57 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 01 April 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

It was reset so everyone would be able to work towards the achievements at the same time. Otherwise, long time players would have logged in after the achievements were patched and would have receive most of the awards all at once.

Jody

That can easily be avoided by simply having all achievements accrue since the patch, no backwards achieving. I still don't see the point in the reset, your reasoning is easy worked around.

#534 NemesisXIII

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:37 AM

Can I have a stat wipe after mastering my locusts?

#535 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:44 PM

View PostAmsro, on 01 April 2014 - 09:57 AM, said:

That can easily be avoided by simply having all achievements accrue since the patch, no backwards achieving. I still don't see the point in the reset, your reasoning is easy worked around.

It amounts to about the same thing since your old stats still exist in an archive format.

#536 Vezm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 127 posts
  • LocationWellington

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:32 PM

So, long time no play. Trying to adjust learn about all this elo, UI, new mechs blah blah, but this is a question to clarify cadet bonus to me.

So, I got the knight errant and all the cadet bonuses in my first match, sure that's cool. I haven't ever received the bonuses, either as achievements didn't exist before, and I haven't played much since. Have other people received a lump sum for this? And I clarify, I mean once, not the second time that was mistakenly advertised. Was I supposed to recieve ~8mil?

#537 Flying Fox 333

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:49 PM

View PostVezm, on 02 April 2014 - 09:32 PM, said:

So, long time no play. Trying to adjust learn about all this elo, UI, new mechs blah blah, but this is a question to clarify cadet bonus to me.

So, I got the knight errant and all the cadet bonuses in my first match, sure that's cool. I haven't ever received the bonuses, either as achievements didn't exist before, and I haven't played much since. Have other people received a lump sum for this? And I clarify, I mean once, not the second time that was mistakenly advertised. Was I supposed to recieve ~8mil?

Since you are an open beta player, like myself. You would of received the $7,981,686 lump sum around December 2012 (I think) when they introduced the cadet bonus, assuming you had played the minimum 25 games, which seems to be the case for you since you have the Knight Errant title.

They made a mistake that they will be granting us another 8 million on top of the first cadet bonus. They later corrected that statement in the announcement to let people know that was the case.

Edited by Flying Fox 333, 02 April 2014 - 09:55 PM.

#538 Mike McSullivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 556 posts
  • LocationHannover, Germany

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:19 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 01 April 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

Jody

With the "Cbills-achievement" it worked, though. The counter started at zero, no matter how much money you got in the bank. So, why had the other stats to be resetted? ;)
Wouldnt have made a difference imho, because all stats Assists/Headshots/compdestroyed etcpp can be easily counted from 0 (independent from the mwomercs.com-stats-page with thousands of played matches).

Edited by Mike McSullivan, 06 April 2014 - 04:24 AM.

#539 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:29 AM

I was just looking through the achievements and noticed one called "all round helper" reward: 5k GXP.

That got me thinking, how much GXP would you have earned by the time you get this award? the answer is about 800k give or take (assuming 5 assists, 1k exp per match on average).

I think at that point you have accomplished something significant, and the rewards should match it. For the achievements at THAT level, you should be given something actually valuable like a free mech bay (or mech) or something.

View PostHellen Wheels, on 16 March 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

What do you call the achievement for getting more assists than damage done? "Stealth Walker?"
Posted Image

If you get an achievement for that I want one for getting a kill with zero damage done :rolleyes:

Spoiler

Edited by Asmosis, 12 April 2014 - 01:29 AM.

#540 Albatroz

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:05 AM

So there´s no achivements for killings? We have Assist Kills, Kills per match, but no kill counter. I think that´s a basic one.

Edited by Albatroz, 15 April 2014 - 06:09 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users