#141 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:38 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 21 January 2015 - 10:31 PM, said:

I would love to run it, as I am the 'huzzah' CGB member who tried to get the site running. I had hopped to get some of the admins to run it, but it has not gone overly far with it. Real life takes it priorities for some people, and I do not have the time to dedicate to the enjin site and coordinating Clans to form a cohesive front.

There are a half dozen members listed as admin, they have as much access on the site as I do.

Shame the Grand Council website is being under utilisied and that the admins associated don't see a bigger responsibility to the community with this project. So much more in terms of Clan unification, communication, information and tools are not being fully realised with this resource as a result. I will leave it to your discretion as to the lack of value being identified in terms of resources as a result and how this might impact the Clan community.

Admins:

[CJF] Crux
[CW] CyclonerM
[CW] Gyrok Carns
[CW] Merlin Conners
Cimarb
CoffiNail
Doom Radick
Pariah Devalis
sansDaedalus

Himmelganger (Owner)

As a website manager experienced with enjin sites and also a web developer I have offered my services in being able to support this resource. I have a previous background of handling multi-million pound projects as an international project manager with some noteable clients and I seem to receive many compliments with the way in which the Dark Born website is being presented.

I also have access to a hosted server for database and other hosting capabilities which allows me to supplement the functionality of Enjin sites.

The current Admin have not even given the courtesy of even contacting me regarding my offered support and I have yet to see any real progression or promotion of the web site as anything more than a under utilised forum that people rarely visit and yet other members of this community have donated funds in good faith with the presumption that it could be used to help Clan related gameplay in MWO.

#142 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:18 AM

To also help alleviate concerns with conflict of interests I may also then potentially be willing to negociate with the Clans the idea of stepping down from being the Governor of the Dark Born and handing over the reigns to an alternative player for the interests of that specific unit.

This then with a view of becoming a more independant member of the Clan Watch and helping to work on the information needs and resources for the Clan community. This now more achievable with the idea of factional drops allowing for the provision of dropping with various Clan units at their discretion. (I have plenty of experience with 12 mans)

I'm also prepared to put "differences of opinion" aside with some noteable members of the Clans who may not have agreed with my perpsective of things in order to ultimately achieve the aims of a collective Grand Council. This as the more larger picture here is to benefit the MWO community as a whole as opposed to being concerned with more personal ambitions.

#143 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:18 AM

Aside from the fact that unfortunately each of us is already responsible to his/her own unit, we can promote it how much we want, but if no one starts using it, we can do so much. I tried to start a discussion thread, but i got like 1-2 replies. It seems that sadly the public MWO forums are a better place to reach everyone in the Clan community, especially pugs or members of merc and smaller Clan units that are not part of the Grand Council community. :(

#144 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:41 AM

If the site was developed with useful web tools that helped unit then there would be added value of utilising it.

Codex.
Diplomacy information (unit info).
RIG. (Role build information guide).
Armoury
CW planetary conquest

WIP: Drop After action reporting
WIP: Other future API provision.

Promoting the use in this way then helping to make it a useful collective resource for Clan units to utilise.

Politics on the site can easily be maintained at the appropriate level of enjoyment but the idea that the site can then help to unifiy the organised elements of the community. i.e. those in theory that have a vested interest in organising players into units and other allied concerns to achieve greater things as player elements of the Clans. There is little use of promoting it to players who are essentially lone wolves (PUGs) anyway who are by their very involvment with MWO as lone wolf players have voted not to have a concern with the organisational aspects of CW or MWO. Though those elements could easily still be provided for with more open areas of the site.

The added bonus of co-ordinating with other units, galvanising discussion and concerns with collective debate on points, all then helping to unify the Clans. This can be expanded on then with helpful media and communication tools to then further enrich the technological and information related solutions to be utilised by the Clans.

The level of involvment and still satalite organisation specific to the unit and those more private concerns then treated as seperate than the context of the Grand Council, whose purpose would become more a process of galvanising the co-ordination of military efforts collectively for the benefit of the Clans with player units interested and concerned with doing so.

This is a why a more neutral relationship of myself supporting the site would help that process as I would then be exercising the development of the site behest of those involved and with impartiality. Something that could be preventative to the management of the site if perceived to be co-ordinated by a specific unit or Clan whose involvement with the project will mean that their vested unit interests might cloud their thinking as opposed to more holistic concerns of the council.

This doesn't mean however that they couldn't present their concerns as representatives of Council business however as per the potential purpose of the site, but the maintenance of that environment that then enables those mechanisms would then have a more neutral representation. This then with a view to helping to mediate and host useful "Council" relations amongst the clan units.

#145 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:41 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 12 February 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

Aside from the fact that unfortunately each of us is already responsible to his/her own unit, we can promote it how much we want, but if no one starts using it, we can do so much. I tried to start a discussion thread, but i got like 1-2 replies. It seems that sadly the public MWO forums are a better place to reach everyone in the Clan community, especially pugs or members of merc and smaller Clan units that are not part of the Grand Council community. :(

Pretty much it. I dont think making a separate webpage is the way to go about it when it comes to mercs, pugs, and rouge groups. Possibly a public TS or something that's mandatory for group leaders to hop in?

#146 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:46 AM

However, CyclonerM, you are right there would be little point of attempting the project if it is simply a case of a generalised apathy in trying to achieve the more ambitious aims associated with Clan unity benefits.

#147 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:56 AM

I dont think having widgets and gizmos will affect anything either as nice as it is Noesis.

Hmm, since people dont want to go to a separate place to discuss clan politics and what not. Why not bring it here and ask the mods or whatever to create a section in clans and call it "The Grand Council". So that everyone will see it that comes to the forums.

Then comes to what if we want to verbally talk to eachother? I for one wouldnt want to hear Noesis's verbose nonsense, but "if" i did, there can be a sticky or a pinned thread with all of the group's TS's. (have it be updated lets say monthly of course.)

#148 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:01 AM

My involvement would not be associated with Council business LastKhan. That would be the perview of the Clan unit leadership as per whatever council arrangement. So I wouldn't be involved with the daily aspects of Clan related business. The role would be provision of tools and acting as a steward of those useful tools of benefit to the associated units.

But those "gadgets and widgets" you describe could provide the necessary edge to making the site more purposeful and providing better capabilties with the use of value added information for CW or with communication tools that provide better awareness or capabilties than your enemies.

Edited by Noesis, 12 February 2015 - 11:09 AM.

#149 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:08 AM

It may be, but people are lazy and i doubt it will be used as you say. Like i said as nice as it is. I havent used them so i cant review its validity. Honestly Id rather watch Kanajashi's vids if i want to learn anything.

Also just using you as an example in that case. I can already guess that you wouldnt be involved.

#150 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:16 AM

View PostLastKhan, on 12 February 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

It may be, but people are lazy and i doubt it will be used as you say. Like i said as nice as it is. I havent used them so i cant review its validity. Honestly Id rather watch Kanajashi's vids if i want to learn anything.

Also just using you as an example in that case. I can already guess that you wouldnt be involved.

Well respectfully Lastkhan you don't represent the general Clan community or any of its recognised leadership.

But if you are right in your evaluation that the Clan pilots are as lazy and apathy is systemic within the MWO Clan culture, then I wouldn't as you say want to invest into the project of course. It would really need to be supported by players who want to find opportunities for the use of tools for the betterment of their themselves, their unit and the Clan community to ideally then realise the usefulness of having such tools anyhow.

#151 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:24 AM

View PostNoesis, on 12 February 2015 - 11:16 AM, said:

Well respectfully Lastkhan you don't represent the general Clan community or any of its recognised leadership.

But if you are right in your evaluation that the Clan pilots are as lazy and apathy is systemic within the MWO Clan culture, then I wouldn't as you say want to invest into the project of course. It would really need to be supported by players who want to find opportunities for the use of tools for the betterment of their themselves, their unit and the Clan community to ideally then realise the usefulness of having such tools anyhow.

Didnt say i was? When did guessing mean i represent everyone? lol. You have this strange idea that im trying to speak/ represent everyone.. peas sthap.

Laziness doesnt just stem in the clans, its pugs in general. Like i said again, I haven't looked into it so i cant put in my two cents about your widgets. I can assume things but not for certain.

Edited by LastKhan, 12 February 2015 - 11:27 AM.

#152 Harper Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 200 posts
  • Locationwashington state

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:36 AM

yep I check it and your post Cy is one of the last.. no one is using it as the should be

we the Clans would not even think about invading the Inner Sphere without a functioning Grand Council and a IlKhan ..
all of the strife and conflict within the MWO clans would have been avoided if we would have had these before...
In the novels the Wolves and GB had a dispute over attacking FRR capital and the ilKhan settled it..

#153 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:07 PM

View PostDeejayM, on 12 February 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

In the novels the Wolves and GB had a dispute over attacking FRR capital and the ilKhan settled it..

It would be too easy.. -_-

#154 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:30 PM

IT was transferred to Himmelganger of CGBI recently he has taken the project and is trying to get something together. Feel free to message him and offer your services. I let him know he does have a pool of people who offer to help but he is just starting out with it.

I just had not the time or drive to bring a Grand Council together, I have been focusing on family and CGBI family. Though I may be trying to sort a small project that will bring a small sense of unity. I came upon the thought when i was tinkering with enjin.

I will probably post more on this do-able for me project in a week or so. Just need to find time... not enough in a Terra 24 hour day.

#155 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:17 PM

I would personally like to take a second look at this project.

If the administration of this project could get in contact with me regarding this, we can see about getting this some forward momentum.

#156 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:28 PM

View PostDeejayM, on 12 February 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

yep I check it and your post Cy is one of the last.. no one is using it as the should be

we the Clans would not even think about invading the Inner Sphere without a functioning Grand Council and a IlKhan ..
all of the strife and conflict within the MWO clans would have been avoided if we would have had these before...

Well sort of, he just allowed them to bid for it.

#157 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:26 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 12 February 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:

IT was transferred to Himmelganger of CGBI recently he has taken the project and is trying to get something together. Feel free to message him and offer your services.

PM sent to Himmelganger and yourself Coffi.

#158 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:20 PM

Yeah, many apologies, Noesis, but Coffi has been trying to get it switched over to someone that had more time for a few months now. Himmel stepped up a few days ago, and I was added early this morning.

Edited by Cimarb, 12 February 2015 - 09:43 PM.

#159 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:55 AM

I have taken the lack of response to now even having to send a PM to you, which has simply been left unanswered, that you are not so interested in this project or the offered support. At least you could have the courtesy to speak with individuals as you have indicated when you ask them to contact you in private.

#160 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:59 AM

View PostNoesis, on 23 February 2015 - 03:55 AM, said:

I have taken the lack of response to now even having to send a PM to you, which has simply been left unanswered, that you are not so interested in this project or the offered support. At least you could have the courtesy to speak with individuals as you have indicated when you ask them to contact you in private.

I cannot speak for them, but we have been dealing with internal issues lately, so have not had a whole lot of time to spend on this endeavor. Sorry.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users