Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:11 AM

View PostGyrok, on 01 September 2014 - 07:24 AM, said:

Just out of curiosity, when is the next meeting?

View PostLukoi, on 01 September 2014 - 08:05 AM, said:

We are still having meetings?

I would say that right now there is not much to discuss, except for the old topic of possible standard zellbrigen rules.

Once we get some real and final details about planetary warfare, however, i would say that a Kurultai shall be convened to decide the plans for Operation Revival, quiaff?

#62 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:12 AM

View PostLukoi, on 01 September 2014 - 08:05 AM, said:

We are still having meetings?

I had not heard anything in a while...so I was curious...

#63 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:40 AM

View PostGyrok, on 02 September 2014 - 06:12 AM, said:

I had not heard anything in a while...so I was curious...

Same boat here hehe.

#64 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:16 AM

My life became rather hectic and busy. I do not even get as much time with trothkin in the Bears as I would prefer. My apologizes. I would like to see this succeed though. Someone has some of the ground work in place.

#65 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:48 AM

220mil cbills for a dropship?

wow... we just have enough for one at the moment! Very un Clan Snow Raven

#66 Harper Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 200 posts
  • Locationwashington state

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:53 AM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 31 August 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

Tell me what sourcebook & the page or else retract that statement please.
In the Clan History's it clearly says that's IlKhan Nicholas Kerensky and the Grand Council was originally going to Censor the Widowmakers for their unclan like bidding during the bidding to Enact the GC decision on the annihilation of the Not-named Clan.... It was during this bidding that Clan Widowmaker merchant cast tried to gain more power within widowmaker( it was assumed by Widowmaker leadership that Clan Wolf merchants with Clan Wolf Warriors approval urged the widowmaker merchants on) The Widowmker leadership reacted unusually brutal and executed a number of widowmaker merchants. Clan Wolf brought this to the GCs attention and a Vote to ABSORB clan Widowmaker ( Not annihilate) was passed and after a Trial of refusal Clan wolf was given the Honor of ABSORBING the Widowmakers,,, At that Time IlKhan Kerensky held on to the intent that Clan Widowmaker could eventually be reinstated as a Clan after the Unclan like elements were burned away by Wolf cleansing fire... It was only after the Death of the IlKhan that Wolf went nuts and turned the Trial of Absorbtion into (an unofficialy Grand Council Approved) Trial of Annihilation. The rest of the remaining Clans did nothing about the change in trials as they felt it was a moot subject...........Thus my statement

Edited by WM Deejay, 02 September 2014 - 10:55 AM.

#67 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:23 PM

Hail,

I see I have some reading to do. Going to bed now but this will be the first forum I read as I return from rest.

Now that we have been able to caste away our guise of fighting for the barbaric Inner Sphere and are able to fully present ourselves as Clan Diamond Shark this may be something for us to engage in. I've been very careful of not siding and saddling ourselves with IS and Merc units and now I'm so glad I've kept us from being corrupted by those influences.

<S>

KDSN

#68 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:35 PM

View PostWM Deejay, on 02 September 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

In the Clan History's it clearly says that's IlKhan Nicholas Kerensky and the Grand Council was originally going to Censor the Widowmakers for their unclan like bidding during the bidding to Enact the GC decision on the annihilation of the Not-named Clan.... It was during this bidding that Clan Widowmaker merchant cast tried to gain more power within widowmaker( it was assumed by Widowmaker leadership that Clan Wolf merchants with Clan Wolf Warriors approval urged the widowmaker merchants on) The Widowmker leadership reacted unusually brutal and executed a number of widowmaker merchants. Clan Wolf brought this to the GCs attention and a Vote to ABSORB clan Widowmaker ( Not annihilate) was passed and after a Trial of refusal Clan wolf was given the Honor of ABSORBING the Widowmakers,,, At that Time IlKhan Kerensky held on to the intent that Clan Widowmaker could eventually be reinstated as a Clan after the Unclan like elements were burned away by Wolf cleansing fire... It was only after the Death of the IlKhan that Wolf went nuts and turned the Trial of Absorbtion into (an unofficialy Grand Council Approved) Trial of Annihilation. The rest of the remaining Clans did nothing about the change in trials as they felt it was a moot subject...........Thus my statement

Apologies but you have still not shown me the sourcebook(s) you say you are quoting. What you say makes no sense because the Widowmakers were going to be Absorbed. When you get absorbed, you cease to exist as an entity, as long as it is legally done. There is no more Clan Mongoose because the Smoke Jaguars absorbed them, there is no more Clan Burrock because the Star Adders absorbed them & there is no more Widowmakers because the Wolves absorbed them.

This is what we know:

Posted Image

The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky Pg.14

If the Founder wanted to preserve the Widowmakers in any fashion why did he not veto the Absorption vote?

#69 Harper Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 200 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:45 PM

I submit to you that Clans lost under a Trial of Absorption or Trial of Abjuration are not Annihilated and can be recreated/reinstated by the Absorbing Clan.. The Jade Falcons turned the refusal war into a Trial of Absorption and used the remains of Clan Wolf to create Clan Jade Wolf... Then Vlad Ward was able to defeat the Falcon Khan and reinstate Clan Wolf. I yield to Loremaster Corbett that I can not find the reference I was quoting Thus I retract the Statement and resay it as I have above.. :)

Edited by WM Deejay, 02 September 2014 - 10:47 PM.

#70 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:01 AM

yeah when it comes to Jaroth, you can never win a lore argument. hence Loremaster Jaroth

#71 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:42 AM

View PostWM Deejay, on 02 September 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

I submit to you that Clans lost under a Trial of Absorption or Trial of Abjuration are not Annihilated and can be recreated/reinstated by the Absorbing Clan.. The Jade Falcons turned the refusal war into a Trial of Absorption and used the remains of Clan Wolf to create Clan Jade Wolf... Then Vlad Ward was able to defeat the Falcon Khan and reinstate Clan Wolf. I yield to Loremaster Corbett that I can not find the reference I was quoting Thus I retract the Statement and resay it as I have above.. :)

The incident with the Wolves was due to the fact that the trial of Absorption was never sanctioned, and Vlad went to the GC to enlighten them about the treacherous falcons. Once the information was provided and the evidence presented, the GC decided the falcons were, in fact, wrong, and reinstated Clan Wolf.

#72 Harper Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:28 AM

I to have been a Loremaster For A Clan Ghost Bear unit and I applaud Jaroth,, I respect his knowledge and I am Glad he uses it to keep the Clan Laws intact and available to all,,,,,, I have read that Clan Star Adder absorbed the remains of Clan Hells Horses during the Wars of Reaving and then turned those remnants into Clan Stone Lion.. I also know that the Abjuration leaves open the possibility for reinstatement as a Full Clan.... I just can not find it as I have been rereading ALL the Clan history's.... Loremaster Corbett is a friend and a colleague and I respect his work and dedication to the Clan

#73 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:36 AM

View PostWM Deejay, on 03 September 2014 - 09:28 AM, said:

I to have been a Loremaster For A Clan Ghost Bear unit and I applaud Jaroth,, I respect his knowledge and I am Glad he uses it to keep the Clan Laws intact and available to all,,,,,, I have read that Clan Star Adder absorbed the remains of Clan Hells Horses during the Wars of Reaving and then turned those remnants into Clan Stone Lion.. I also know that the Abjuration leaves open the possibility for reinstatement as a Full Clan.... I just can not find it as I have been rereading ALL the Clan history's.... Loremaster Corbett is a friend and a colleague and I respect his work and dedication to the Clan

While you may be rereading many clan's histories...I am quite familiar with the scenario you discussed involving the refusal war. While I do not dispute your specific reference may exist...it is just not that specific example that you cited. Now, what example you may be looking for, I could not say...luck with your research trothkin.

#74 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:19 PM

View PostWM Deejay, on 02 September 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

View PostGyrok, on 03 September 2014 - 06:42 AM, said:

The incident with the Wolves was due to the fact that the trial of Absorption was never sanctioned, and Vlad went to the GC to enlighten them about the treacherous falcons. Once the information was provided and the evidence presented, the GC decided the falcons were, in fact, wrong, and reinstated Clan Wolf.

Quite right. The Absorption was illegal but by the time the Grand Council had convened, the situation had sorted itself out. That is why in my reply Deejay I added, as long as it is legally done.

That matter was dealt with in great detail in this thread. I am quoting where I entered the conversation:

http://mwomercs.com/...82#entry3218082

The three other cases of Absorption I mentioned earlier were signed, sealed & delivered. Clan Mongoose, Burrock & Widowmaker never saw the light of day again because everything was done by the book.

View PostLucky Moniker, on 03 September 2014 - 12:01 AM, said:

yeah when it comes to Jaroth, you can never win a lore argument. hence Loremaster Jaroth

While I appreciate the vote of confidence Lucky, I am not infallible. I have made mistakes in the past. :)

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 03 September 2014 - 03:33 PM.

#75 Harper Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:18 PM

It is Nice Clan Warriors may discuss clan ways without the malice and chest beating the Inner Sphere barbarians seem to love :)...I thank you for this Information and Honor your efforts........ Thank you again my trothkin

#76 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:08 AM

So, let us try to work out plans on how we can work this now that we are getting some more tangible info on community warfare. Let us form a 'united' front (of course we can easily schedule inter-Clan trials to keep us honed). Let us prove to the Inner Sphere that the followers of Kerensky will bring unity back to the map.

I will be honest that I do not have the time to fully invest in this project. It is how is fell through, plus you know... 90 days. ;)

I am however interested in wanting to see a strong Clan community. Most of the already establish Clan units that have been around since before faction module had a fairly communicative community.

#77 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:22 AM

I have only a question, Oathmaster.. How would the race to Terra fit with your idea of a united Clan front? :P

#78 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:45 PM

A race does not usually involve stabbing one another in the back. Being able to coordinate who is doing what allows us to know when a "splinter" is making a bad move so as to not declare open war between Clans.

#79 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:58 PM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 13 September 2014 - 01:45 PM, said:

A race does not usually involve stabbing one another in the back. Being able to coordinate who is doing what allows us to know when a "splinter" is making a bad move so as to not declare open war between Clans.

Well said.

However, a few considerations..

We still do not know exactly how much freedom we have in choosing our objective, and thus making possible bad moves..

And the most important one.. I hate to remember it, but even all our Clan units cannot fight ALL the battles. I assume that a good % of the battles will be decided by smaller groups/pugs. This means that our best Clusters could stomp the Spheroids but we might be pushed back to the Periphery anyway :ph34r:

#80 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:22 PM

You can have Terra. Clan Nova Cat is setting sail for The Pleasure Pit and planet Goat.

Suckers. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users