Collisions, Collision Damage & Ballistic Mayhem!

8 replies to this topic

#1 SilverMalachite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:55 AM

For the DEVs

Please provide myself with link if subject is being discussed.

When is the planned date for implementation of Collisions/Collision Damage?
  • Having it so I can knock over anything that is either, Going slower then myself, Or hasn't got a stronger Gyro then my Battlemech?
  • I would go with a healthy balance of both, Focusing on the Strength of said class of Gyro in the Battlemech even allowing a selection of Gyros to choose from, by class & Battlemech.
  • The classic & renown Highlander Burial, I would make it so the players Battlemech Doesn't go into the void becoming a ghost in game, until it hits the ground with the player on top.
  • Highlander Burial: Obviously you will have to rupture the intended Enemy Battlemech Engine/legs Or cockpit to successfully pull it off
  • Engine: Depending on where you hit, No armor should be suffice.
  • Legs: With collision/Collision damage being implemented, Using the physics engine add on or present one, Basically crushing the legs form above, No armor being a negative & Armor being a positive in regards to the health of the legs.
  • Cockpit: A direct hit on the cockpit? No armor instant death, Armor depending on how much is left to determine death.
  • In built physics to govern the collisions?

Also:

Ballistic mayhem?
I remember in previous MechWarrior games, Being able to over power another's Gyro with ballistics. This is a must, A deal Breaker if you will
  • It was mostly when I put 2 LBX AC/20 rounds into the odd medium Battlemech & mostly all the time I hit a light Battlemech.
  • Basically having shear force of any weapon over powering the inbuilt Gyro. Example: Missiles/Ballistics/Battlemechs/Artillery & Airstrikes.
  • Also having a multiplier for when taking hits from more then one player.
  • Deflection/Glances/direct hits should play a factor with the success or failure to knock over the enemy.
  • ???
Thank you for your time

Edited by covert69, 29 March 2014 - 03:00 AM.

#2 PenitentTangent

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:39 AM

Eh, i'm not sure if I'm liking all of these ideas. I'm just going to leave this one up to the rest of y'all.

#3 SilverMalachite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 122 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:09 AM

Penitent
You seem like the health bar type of shooter dude.
Maybe you should stick to that.

Have you heard of Hawken?

#4 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:48 AM

View Postcovert69, on 02 April 2014 - 12:09 AM, said:

Penitent

Mechwarrior is currently many, many healthbars, two per limb and 3 per torso in fact, as well as dozens of healthbars for internal components. Excellent strawman on poor Penitent. Just because he doesn't like all your ideas doesn't mean he's a CoD fanatic who wants one health bar.

Knockdowns were removed due to stunlocking and 'Mech football. I agree with you on wanting "Death From Above", and a camera module that gives you crosshairs under your legs to help you aim the attack, and charging attacks would be nice, if they could not be broken as crap.

Ballistics toppling 'Mechs. In TT, 20 or more points of damage in one turn (10 seconds?) could potentially cause a fall, but it was rather hard without having torn off a leg actuator first.

Yeah, we should have falls, one guaranteed fall upon legging, and sometimes when a leg actuator is destroyed, and definitely when the gyro is critted out. Then, when a lot of "burst damage" is taken and a leg or actuator is destroyed, you can implement falling by sudden damage. As I've said, gyro damage should count towards the chance of falling too.

Your statement on "cockpit hit causes instant death no armor". I'm assuming you are referring to the TT rule where getting a critical hit on the cockpit item (not the head) kills the pilot and instantly shuts down the enemy 'Mech. Sure, that'd be a welcome addition. I'm also assuming you want destroying an engine by crits to kill the 'Mech as well. Once again, sure, as long as we don't make TTK so short it makes it like the games you seem to hate (CoD, Hawken?)

I see plenty of valid points here, and interesting desires, but stop attacking anyone who digresses, you'll get nowhere.

#5 PenitentTangent

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

View Postcovert69, on 02 April 2014 - 12:09 AM, said:

Penitent

That was unexpectedly passive aggressive

My fear is that ballistic knockdowns could be horribly abused. some Jager with six AC/2s. Say if it takes approximately 40 damage or something to cause a knockdown, all he has to do is fire twenty times to knock a mech over. And then he keeps firing, keeping you stunlocked on the ground.

The nice thing about physical mech on mech impacts is that it affects both mechs. That's a different story. Still one that is quite difficult to pursue.

Edited by PenitentTangent, 03 April 2014 - 07:48 PM.

#6 SilverMalachite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:44 AM

Well

I was reacting to felt passive aggressive From your end.

I said nothing about the knockdown strength being the same as the damage done by said weapons, Nor did I say all of the different Ballistic & Missile weapons having the same punch!

• Having weapons not only do damage. But them also having the ability to knockdown the medium & light Battlemechs
  • Also having the stopping power Ballistic & missiles should have, Being what that are "matter" not energy frequencies.
  • Cockpit shake in regards to the Assault & Heavy Battlemechs. (I know of the present cockpit shake)

COD & Hawken are Arcade games correct me if I'm wrong. MechWarrior is a Simulator & always has been, That is why I play the game!!!

As stated MWO is "The thinking persons FPS" Implying they are making a Simulation of being an Battlemech Pilot. As I have always thought every Company that has attempted to make the game given their situation. In regards to PGI doing so...

Their chances of accomplishing this, Are ten fold compared to their heritage.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by covert69, 16 April 2014 - 01:49 AM.

#7 Impyrium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:15 AM

I can understand where your enthusiasm is coming from. There's nothing more satisfying than blowing a Centurion off his feet with a well placed AC shot, and it's thrilling to have the sky suddenly right in front of you when your own 'Mech takes a stumble.

That was MW3.

MW:O is not the simulator you want. I feel your pain, but you can't make it what you want. Mechanics like what you propose can, and will, be exploited and abused. It will anger players that don't share your view of what the game should be. PGI have to please everybody the best they can, and that's the unfortunate side effect of working with a continuous F2P, community game.

I don't agree with what it's become. But you can't do anything about it, and the fact is, MW:O is enjoyable as its own game. Your suggestions do make realistic sense, to a point, but simply wont work here.

Edited by AUSwarrior24, 16 April 2014 - 02:16 AM.

#8 SilverMalachite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:57 AM

lol

Well then that's a shame

& the MechWarrior franchise Is a cursed one.

Money talks & bulls%^t walks are the words you forgot to use.

I'm all for war, A weapon being what it is and all, & so forth.

Sorry for challenge you.

It's ok its too hard

It's only a gyro

Hey Auswarrior24 you troll you

Well when you please everyone...

It blows up IN YOUR FACE. Get me?
So WTF! PGI
PGI are you a walking door matt?

#9 StigHunter

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:37 PM

I'm VERY disappointed with this new mech collision damage system. I mean, it this a game still??? I'm driving a HEAVY Mech with 60 leg armor, and when I touch our somebody brushes up against me I take full YELLOW damage! Makes me NOT want to play anymore, and I've spent well over a hundred dollars on this game!

Please either remove this damage, or make it more specific to light mechs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users