Grasshopper Ii (Extremely Rough Concept)

Art

30 replies to this topic

#21 BarHaid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,069 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:15 AM

Now that looks more like a Grasshopper to me! The head and upper body angles feel insectoid to me. The torso "V" laser assembly looks good. Have you considered combining the front toes into a horse hoof arrangement? That might require two back toes for visual balance.

#22 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:19 AM

View PostBarHaid, on 06 October 2014 - 08:15 AM, said:

Now that looks more like a Grasshopper to me! The head and upper body angles feel insectoid to me. The torso "V" laser assembly looks good. Have you considered combining the front toes into a horse hoof arrangement? That might require two back toes for visual balance.

hadn't thought of that, but it might work, these are more just doodles, am thinking will probably end up mixing elements of several.

#23 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:13 AM

Bishop... I think it's time you upgrade your photobucket account dude :D I'll have to check back when you got more bandwidth, keep up the artwork!

#24 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:46 PM

View PostGrendel408, on 07 October 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

Bishop... I think it's time you upgrade your photobucket account dude :D I'll have to check back when you got more bandwidth, keep up the artwork!

never do understand whats up with them. I post like...2 things and next thing I know, my bandwidth is used up.

Piss on them, with that type of crap, they just convince me to use other services.

#25 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:56 PM

When you do, poke me. I want to see what you can do with this sucker, especially given the results of the IS Heavy Poll.

#26 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:13 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 October 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

never do understand whats up with them. I post like...2 things and next thing I know, my bandwidth is used up.

Piss on them, with that type of crap, they just convince me to use other services.

Considering it's only about $30 for a 1 year upgrade, no ads, more storage space, and unlimited bandwidth... very worth it dude, especially for folks like us who link the hell out of everything and post it everywhere... that's where the bandwidth goes ;)

#27 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:15 AM

View PostHans Von Lohman, on 03 April 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

I think the concept for a new Grasshopper is already pretty well done by Shimmering Sword.

Sorry, Steiner. I know you like to draw, but this time you have a tough act to follow.

I think SS does some really good stuff, but I would say from a MWO perspective that many times Bishops sketches would make better models.

#28 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationStill living in 3025

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:24 AM

Pic looks great.

Just click the bandwidth message box and it takes you to his photobucket and you can see it.

#29 KommandoSpookums

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:35 AM

I really like the lookfof your first sketch, very foreign design, it would certainly be unique compared to other mechs in its weight class.

#30 harleconjura

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:42 PM

the thing i had, was the speed of the grasshopper 4 walking and 6 runing ,my consaped wood work with a larger engine ,or xl engine to boost the speed of the grasshopper to 5 walking 8 runing use the old rules , it be year but looking for old dizines eta..
:)

#31 GonaDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationThe biggest party you have ever seen

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:07 AM

Bishop,you are a god.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users