Learn 2 Steamroll

21 replies to this topic

#21 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:14 AM

Perhaps my point was misunderstood?
First, yes, I understand ELO, read almost everything on it I can find.

So, when ELO puts 8 lights on one side, and 6 assaults on the other side, OR, 4-5 ECM mechs on one side, and NONE on the other- its working as intended?
OR, has ELO already guessed the outcome? And while you may be able to beat the odds as we have a few times, Only a child thinks ELO has created a balanced battle.
I can't make it any more clear than that, while you may disagree, its difficult to say ELO creates balanced battles. To suggest thats not the case currently, requires the dismissal of reality about modern gaming.

Visit the "Carry Harder" thread to see pages of examples of one or two carrying, leading their team in damage and kills, and the other side all doing about the same damage?

#22 Photec

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 49 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:39 AM

View PostThatDawg, on 11 April 2014 - 04:14 AM, said:

Perhaps my point was misunderstood?
First, yes, I understand ELO, read almost everything on it I can find.

So, when ELO puts 8 lights on one side, and 6 assaults on the other side, OR, 4-5 ECM mechs on one side, and NONE on the other- its working as intended?

Yes. ELO doesn't care about tonnage, ELO cares about win/loss% in a given mech. If the matchmaker was to be improved it should probably take into account the tonnage AND the ELO AND wether you're in a premade or not, but I'd rather come up against a good player than a bad one, since then, win or lose, I will have a fight on my hands.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users