- - - - -

Very First Hero Mech- Recommendations

38 replies to this topic

#21 Pastor Priest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:32 AM

The Ilya is good fun, and when I need some cbills, it is my go to mech. The low ballistic points aren't great for peaking over ridges, so that does take some getting used to. It does well with ambush tactics, though, and works especially well in city fights. Catch an enemy in a row of buildings with no easy out, and the ballistics can crank out mass damage rather quickly.

#22 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Locationalways on

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:39 AM

its a rather limited chassis..not good for a begginer imo.

#23 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:59 AM

It may be OK for a beginner, but it can not carry like an Ilya, and the other Centurions are average at best. The Ilya brings you along to master the Cataphract 3D. The triple UAC5 Ilya build is huge for Cbill generation thanks to the amount of broken components it causes. It is really not much of a contest.

#24 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:09 AM

Get the EMBER. 295 xl, 4 mlasers, 4 machine guns, jump jets, endo, ferro fibrous. Fast, fun, can do a lot of damage if ignored, and can run away if noticed.

#25 Duster C-1-44

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 11 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:11 PM

OK I have mad my pick, let me know what you think !!! Yahoo eee
O' and as always ???; can the cam mo and/or paint job be changed?

GRID IRON === JESTER === Misery === ???

You want to check out a great cool group? I Did and I stayed. They help me and taught me a lot, worked with me and help me work on control with 1 and a half hands, they did not let me quit and always gave that little push and at-a-boy even when I died (which is my best move LOL). I person could not have a better bunch of friends (Battle Buddy's) in the universe. SO SAYS ME

http://atlashunters.enjin.com/

THANKS MY BROTHERS AND SISTER

Edited by Old Gunny, 14 April 2014 - 01:20 PM.

#26 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:29 PM

Well if you want a money maker the Cataphract is decent mech with 3 Ballistic slots. You also will be mastering the Cataphract 3D which is a mech many competitive teams use.

I don't have premium account at the current time but with my Cataphract I earn on average win 150k to 89k on a lose. Very fun mech as well and like I iterated it can get you money easy so you can get two more varients quickly to master it out. then just use it to grind more C-Bills later on.

I currenlty have:
Ilya
Boar's Head
Heavy Metal
Firebrand
Ember
X5

as my hero mechs and then I also have the Project mechs.

So hopefully my recommendation is a good one ... i also haven't checked to see if you stated if you got one yet.

#27 Takashi Uchida

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 496 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

I'm three months into this game. I'm set on getting the Iyla on sale next week. I made my rbill (real bills) deposit yesterday!

The CTF-3D is one of my best mechs. The jump jets allow you to get around the low ballistic arm. My favorite build is the super-meta UAC/AC5x2 PPCx2.

I'm a bit wary of the low arms + no jump jets. I've played Gaussx2 + MLx4 on the 3D and that works well (I'm not skilled enough to poptart with Gauss). It could translate pretty decently on the Iyla only with one less ML and more ammo. Still, I do find the right arm shooting dirt a lot of the time.

What are some of the best money maker builds for the Iyla? I know triple UAC is pretty popular. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Takashi Uchida, 14 April 2014 - 06:51 PM.

#28 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:59 PM

View PostOld Gunny, on 14 April 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

can the cam mo and/or paint job be changed?

GRID IRON === JESTER === Misery === ???

Jester or Misery. I personally prefer the Misery but if you need agility then Jester.
Even as a Grid Iron user I cannot recommend a Grid Iron.

Paint can be changed. The camo (pattern) can not be changed.
Here's a Jester repainted to Zhizhu colors.
Posted Image

Some defaults and lots of custom paints found in spoiler.
Spoiler

#29 Denolven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:46 AM

View PostAzkeel, on 13 April 2014 - 08:37 AM, said:

Which hero mech would you recommend for a newbie ? Would any of those discounted mechs suit my needs ?

Please note that you can always ask for mech recommendations here: Which Mech you should buy
Helps keeping the topic flood in check :)

#30 Azkeel

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:03 PM

Thanks for all the answers, they are very helpful :)

I've already purchased MC's and after reading all those posts and watching various videos I'm leaning towards Misery or Jester. Ilya looks very promising but I fear that those arms would give me a headache. I really wish there was a way to test run a mech before purchasing it.

#31 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:06 PM

In the future when the Public Test Servers are activated, hop in one. You can test then.

Some vids from them.
Spoiler

Edited by Koniving, 15 April 2014 - 12:13 PM.

#32 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

Apart from test servers, you can get an idea by buying a Cbill variant close to the hero. The loadouts are unique, but the overall capabilities/weaknesses within each chassis remain close.

#33 Azkeel

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:23 PM

View PostModo44, on 15 April 2014 - 12:18 PM, said:

Apart from test servers, you can get an idea by buying a Cbill variant close to the hero. The loadouts are unique, but the overall capabilities/weaknesses within each chassis remain close.

Yeah, I know and I considered it, but as a new player my options are pretty limited. I'm still 2.5kk cbills short of cheapest Cataphract and I don't think I'll get them by tomorrow (Jester sale).

#34 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:34 PM

I would pass on the Golden Boy and Pretty Baby. Awesomes have some hit box issues and Kintaros are all very much the same and the Golden Boy is by far the slowest. Really so long as you take a pass on these two I don't think you can go wrong.

I love the Jester, it is a lot of fun. Just be aware it runs hot and has a big CT.

Otherwise this leaves you with Misery, Ilya, and The Protector. I think any of these would be a solid choice. My personal choice is the Ilya since the other Cataphracts are great too, so it just seems like a good idea to buy a hero that comes from a great series of C-Bill mechs.

#35 Azkeel

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

By the way, how often are mech bays on sale ? I'm trying to figure out how many to buy now. I'll get as many as possible if it's pretty rare.

#36 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:07 PM

I think this is the first time they've ever had a discounted price.

#37 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:11 PM

The ilya low slung arms are fine. They do get shot off occasionally though, even if you don't use them as shields. I run mine with 3 lbx. I went with ppcs on my jester, since they have jump jets and its high mounted guns make it ideal for peek-a-boo style fighting. The jester has the least torso twist of all catapults (95), but still wide enough to make shots from wide angles (after 20% boost from completing elite).

The misery's the other i own, has high mounted weapon points, but not meant for sneaky moves.

Edited by dragnier1, 15 April 2014 - 03:16 PM.

#38 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

View PostAzkeel, on 15 April 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

Yeah, I know and I considered it, but as a new player my options are pretty limited. I'm still 2.5kk cbills short of cheapest Cataphract and I don't think I'll get them by tomorrow (Jester sale).

Maybe you should try creating a quick little 'test' account where you can test other mechs and such for the fun of it. I actually did it during a public test so I could test more mechs than usual. It helped a bit on selecting my next mech to go for.

#39 Duster C-1-44

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 11 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

Well that Stalker was not a MissBoat, and it stinks,
and yep I'm a rookie 4 sure.

Edited by Old Gunny, 22 April 2014 - 12:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users