Ac2 [Merged Threads]

Feedback

243 replies to this topic

#1 Tre ONeill

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

I am unsure if I am posting in the correct location or with the correct format. If not, please moderate me, I have never posted patch feedback before.

The AC2 nerfs, especially to range (not so much damage), are entirely unnecessary, and warrant feedback. They are rarely used at any competent level of play anyway, now they never will be. Please revert this change. The DPS change is fine, but the range? Makes no sense. Now the AC 5 has better max range? Completely silly.

Edited by miSs, 15 April 2014 - 01:23 PM.

#2 Onlystolen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • 253 posts
  • LocationFantastic Planet

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:15 AM

Ac/2 range nerf, has effectively killed the ac/2

#3 Randomm

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:19 AM

my 3xAC2 Dragon has gone from my hands-down favourite mech, to a good mech with the last set of tweaks to AC2. Now that the marksmanship reward for hitting mechs at 1500m has been taken away.... anyone wanna buy a Dragon?

#4 Onlystolen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • 253 posts
  • LocationFantastic Planet

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostRandomm, on 15 April 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

my 3xAC2 Dragon has gone from my hands-down favourite mech, to a good mech with the last set of tweaks to AC2. Now that the marksmanship reward for hitting mechs at 1500m has been taken away.... anyone wanna buy a Dragon?

Yeah really eh? all my lights that run ac/2's are god damn useless now. now i have to go get myself into meta sniper range to do damage

#5 Mikros04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:29 AM

I also do not understand the range nerf. After all, wasn't the range really the best reason to take an AC2?

#6 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:31 AM

View PostMikros04, on 15 April 2014 - 11:29 AM, said:

I also do not understand the range nerf. After all, wasn't the range really the best reason to take an AC2?

I always thought the best reason to take AC2s was the suppresion coming with the ridiculous screenshake.

#7 BlackBeltJones

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:32 AM

PGI has expressed previously that the AC/2, as far as PGI sees it, is not a valid combat weapon and serves only as a griefing tool. We should expect to see more degradation of the AC/2 with upcoming patches.

#8 Argent Usher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:33 AM

They adjust the game speed to their development speed, i think that's all. Viva molasses.

#9 Mikros04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:34 AM

View PostIronwithin, on 15 April 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

I always thought the best reason to take AC2s was the suppresion coming with the ridiculous screenshake.

yeah, until they realize it was just AC2s hitting them.

edit: I think your sig might actually back me up :huh:

Edited by Mikros04, 15 April 2014 - 11:35 AM.

#10 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:35 AM

Maybe you should actually use them before complaining about the nerf?

#11 Ecrof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:38 AM

All hail weapon normalization. arbitrary nerfs is just what this game needs. :huh:

#12 Mikros04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:38 AM

View PostBront, on 15 April 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

Maybe you should actually use them before complaining about the nerf?

to an extent, yes. But a range nerf is a range nerf. Not real sure that needs testing.

#13 Kusunoki Masashige

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:55 AM

AC/5 - Ac/2 NERF BAD IDEA... well one of many since the LRM patching......guess they want the game to be more like armored core or some other game..

#14 Revorn

• The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

Range Nerf to Ac2, seems to me as an invredible stupid idea. As well as the Dps Nerf.

#15 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:10 PM

needed to happen just kind of a crap nerf... AC accuracy should be completely relooked at and something like and accuracy envelope as you maintain fire it should widen

#16 Ecrof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:14 PM

View PostSummon3r, on 15 April 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

needed to happen just kind of a crap nerf... AC accuracy should be completely relooked at and something like and accuracy envelope as you maintain fire it should widen

So you think that Ac/2s were OP and needed to be nerfed? Can I have some of your drugs please?

Edited by Ecrof, 15 April 2014 - 12:26 PM.

#17 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:15 PM

The AC2 used to be at least a fun beginner option -- good DPS vs relatively novice/bad opponents despite the heat. No idea why it would pose a problem overall. As soon as you learned to move and twist, this weapon already was irrelevant. Now made even more irrelevant why?

#18 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

Just curious, but what exactly was Paul's reasoning behind making the AC/2 good at absolutely nothing?

Please give the AC2 back its range. Lower its heat too. Thanks.

#19 Mykaelous Wolf

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

Wow, so we are just going to see more AC20 builds than we already do. The AC2 has no role now(if anything they were underused my clan actually forbids AC2 use in 12 mans because they are underpowered). Before it was good for forcing campers to have to move out and engage, but now it's better to have an AC20. They actually needed to fix the AC2 by removing the ghost heat not make the AC2 suck more than it does. How many threads were there saying that AC2's were OP???? NONE! If the dev's don't like the screen shake, then reduce it. It would take 10 seconds to change this in a properly designed program. Seeing how they implemented the universal ghost heat system, it seems like they are a bunch of college dropout, super junior programmers. This is computer science 101 guys.

As a legendary founder this game has been a terrible disappointment. It met the bare minimum criteria for a product. I'm deleting this POS game until the clans arrive. Hopefully by then they actually hire someone who is competent at balance. You already have my 120 bucks. At least I managed to suffer my way through a few hundred matches in the hope that this game would turn out like it was promised. Way to over promise and under deliver. Don't give me any of that BS about the cost of development. When you pitched the game with funding goals those goals indicated features that would be done with that amount of funding.

#20 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

Implying that Paul wants people to use the AC/2.

Use PPCs mixed with larger ACs like the "real" man Paul wants us all to be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users