• PipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 67 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA, Illinois

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:24 AM

Are any other locust pilots getting this issue? Team mates are turning, looking me in the face, and using an alpha strike to kill me or are walking up behind me and using an AC20 on me. 5 times in two days now.

#2 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:26 AM

I don't pilot Locusts but I haven't seen this happening either. Make sure you report the players.

EDIT: Be sure to note the time, map, and player's name when you report it. It also helps to have screen shots. Using the print screen key should send an image to a folder in the same area as the rest of your MWO files. I forget the exact file path right now though.

Edited by Rouken, 17 April 2014 - 08:32 AM.

#3 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:29 AM

View PostHarmonia, on 17 April 2014 - 08:24 AM, said:

Are any other locust pilots getting this issue? Team mates are turning, looking me in the face, and using an alpha strike to kill me or are walking up behind me and using an AC20 on me. 5 times in two days now.

It may be that you are dropping with a lot of the same players, and also that you may have accidentally TeamShot one of them that were in a lance, and that they are harrassing you.. Or maybe not, I do not know.

It seems that the TeamShoting/Team Killing thing is ramping up again. I do not know why, I would suggest that you report them as soon as possible at ... support@mwomercs.com <-- Email

Report every single time, and remember the exact spelling of the pilot names that do these things.

Edited by Odins Fist, 17 April 2014 - 08:30 AM.

#4 Greyboots

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 396 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:33 AM

It's not just locusts, I've had it happen repeatedly today in multiple mechs. Yesterday I got TKd in a pristine battlemaster when a team mate popped around a corner, alpha'd me from point blank, "got lucky" and hit me in the head. They just saw the red chevron from the mech behind me and pulled the trigger. They aren't about to hit the "R" button just to make sure, that would take too much sense.

#5 Metalsand

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:38 AM

View PostGreyboots, on 17 April 2014 - 08:33 AM, said:

It's not just locusts, I've had it happen repeatedly today in multiple mechs. Yesterday I got TKd in a pristine battlemaster when a team mate popped around a corner, alpha'd me from point blank, "got lucky" and hit me in the head. They just saw the red chevron from the mech behind me and pulled the trigger. They aren't about to hit the "R" button just to make sure, that would take too much sense.

If you've come to MWO to play with smart pilots, you've come to the wrong place. The worst is when you get a team full of braindead morons.

#6 BarHaid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,069 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:39 AM

Sorry to hear this. It may well be the newness of your teammates. I almost never see this happen. If you stick with this, you should ELO your way free of the "Shoot the little guy, hur-hur!" tards. My only suggestion is to jam your accelerator to the floor first thing, that way you are not nearby when they look for something to kill.

#7 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:39 AM

If you are getting intentionally team killed at the start of the match ... record the player name, match and time and report them. They will get a temporary ban and if they keep it up I expect it would be a permanent one.

(In case you wonder how I know ... I reported someone during the first few months the game was open to the public for TKing me ... and was accidentally cc'ed on the email discussing the response to my complaint ... I doubt that would happen these days).

As for the idiot walking around the corner and alpha'ing you ... I feel your pain ... but there is very little you can do about idiots. I would report them anyway just in case they are pretending to be an idiot while killing team members ... if there is a pattern the customer support people will catch it.

#8 Jin Ma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

thats terrible. Wish there was a report system

#9 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:21 AM

Definitely report... but if it happens to you consistently you might need to figure out if there's something you are doing that is causing it. I've never heard of anyone TKing just because you chose X mech, rather its based on something you did or said. Did you friendly fire at all? Did you run in front of a friendly while he was busy shooting an enemy? Did you accidentally TK a player and got matched with them again? Did you say something at the beginning of or during the round in chat to draw the ire of your teammates?

#10 Abaddonis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 129 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:43 AM

View PostMawai, on 17 April 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

As for the idiot walking around the corner and alpha'ing you ... I feel your pain ... but there is very little you can do about idiots. I would report them anyway just in case they are pretending to be an idiot while killing team members ... if there is a pattern the customer support people will catch it.

Are you f'ing serious? Report someone for shooting you in the heat of battle? What's next? Report them because you walked into their firing arc and ate some AC5 rounds? Can't be too sure. Or someone on the other team hit you when they were clearly aiming at someone on your team? Possible troll, report to be safe. Nanny state whine babies never cease to amaze.

#11 Clit Beastwood

• 2,262 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 17 April 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

Definitely report... but if it happens to you consistently you might need to figure out if there's something you are doing that is causing it. I've never heard of anyone TKing just because you chose X mech, rather its based on something you did or said. Did you friendly fire at all? Did you run in front of a friendly while he was busy shooting an enemy? Did you accidentally TK a player and got matched with them again? Did you say something at the beginning of or during the round in chat to draw the ire of your teammates?

There was a time before HSR when spiders were widely regarded as "awful". They were viewed as a drag on the team since they were really squishy and couldn't carry much weaponry. During that time, I used to get tk'd a lot in my 5d. I'd see 2 guys who spawned behind me talking about it "lets shoot our AC20's at the spider!" while waiting for the match to finish starting. It was not fun. Sitting, waiting for the moment when I could try to run from spawn before they shot me. It totally sucked. And it was all because people regarded the spider as a waste of a slot on the team.

#12 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:50 AM

View PostAbaddonis, on 17 April 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:

Are you f'ing serious? Report someone for shooting you in the heat of battle? What's next? Report them because you walked into their firing arc and ate some AC5 rounds? Can't be too sure. Or someone on the other team hit you when they were clearly aiming at someone on your team? Possible troll, report to be safe. Nanny state whine babies never cease to amaze.

Read the OP, this isn't accidental.

I've had people open up an AC20 on to my lights CT whilst I was typing. I was debating on TKing him or not. I ended up just reporting him, and of course that did nothing.

#13 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:54 AM

First of... cut it out with the insults. They are just as much a rule violation as the teamkills, this topic is about, are.

As to the teamkills:

Please send a report to support@mwomercs.com. If available, please include the following informations:
- name of offending player
- map player
- date, time and timezone
- type of offense
- other players involved (witnesses)
- screenshots
- links to video or other material that might prove useful to the GMs

Please understand, that discussing these things on the forums will not solve your problem, instead it might incite others to try the same rule violations. The only ones who are able to solve the problem for you and the rest of the playerbase, are the gamemasters at support. For that reason I'm closing this topic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users