3 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:36 PM

MY one year anniversary is here

I just wanted to say, after reading a bunch of posts as of late, about the learning curve. I started playing almost a year ago now, and still think of myself as a newbie. why? because i have only played 6 different mechs, and mastered 3 different types.. (talk about a difference with master + 3 modules)

I must say it does get better, but even still have i have bad nights.. Like the last time we could earn a mech, it took me 28 matches to get 5 wins! a handfull where close, but the others like 16+ in a row were 12-0 or 12-2 wipes.. Typically i find if you are having a bad time, it is best to just take a break..

I also find that playing matches in the afternoon EST, like 2-5, or late night, 2-5 i get my best matches.. and ya end up playing with a lot of the same people even if you are PUG'n.

In the last year i know now own 23 mechs.. and bought some paint so i can at least look stylish.. (on sale of course)

My best advice is, pick a medium.. to start.. now with the 3, 3, 3, 3 limit coming soon, they will be even more valuable. the are fast enough to get out of a jam, and pack enough fire power to be deadly to the right target. they also teach you valuable piloting skills, like mastering the torso twist to spread damage a tip from knoving, and one of the many... (thanks Man for all your wonderful advice over my last year!)

Read the forums, watch when you die, watch many people when you die... call out targets when you die, and locations to help your team..Press R any time you have a mech in site... and never underestimate the power of target Range boost + BAP... really worth it's weight in gold on any mech!

and last but not least just try to have fun.. all those bad matches you get, will be off set by a great one on occasion and you feel like a mech warrior god...and it is worth it.. (to bad that isn't as often as i like, but still when it happens it makes your whole night.

So cheers to all the newbies that stick it out.. and are still around a year later.. I know i recognize some people that had an awful time playing when they first started, but now are having a blast. Be patient, cause it really is worth it in the end

#2 GunnyKintaro 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:48 AM

its a great mech give away!
i got mine last night !!

#3 Junkman7mgte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:25 AM

I have to agree JC. I've been around just over a year myself. I'll never be a - great - player, for many reasons, so I've learned to enjoy the game, even when I'm getting my ass handed to me ;) I work long hours, and don't play a lot really, so lack of practice/playing is a definite disadvantage. Add in, I'm old and slow, and usually self medicated in one form or another " hey, I do live in WA :D ", I tend to really suck, or I'm really good ... that night.

#4 Lorgarn

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:25 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 18 April 2014 - 10:36 PM, said:

MY one year anniversary is here

I just wanted to say, after reading a bunch of posts as of late, about the learning curve. I started playing almost a year ago now, and still think of myself as a newbie. why? because i have only played 6 different mechs, and mastered 3 different types.. (talk about a difference with master + 3 modules)

I have tried the game for about 4 month. In the beginning I had fun. Not because I won but because the game was fun. I remember walking my Atlas into a tunnle, an enemy Atlas coming in front, we looked at each other for about 2 seconds and then simultanlesy alpha'ed our mech into piles of goo. I don't even remember if he walked away or I did but I remember making jokes with that player about that very very nice scene.

Now I get put together with people starting the game for the first time. I get put together with players not say a word, not coopeating on any order given or use swear language. I am told I am doing good with about 40% matches won thogh I dropped down from about 50% in the all time statistic. Even after 4 month I seem to be such a bad player, that I cant escape the bottom bracked.
I am deeply sorry but I cant take this for another 8 month before the game perhaps is making fun again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users