Are We Getting The Timber Wolf (Mad Cat) S Jj Variant?

BattleMechs

17 replies to this topic

#1 XX Sulla XX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:40 PM

Just wondering are we getting the Timber Wolf (Mad Cat) S JJ variant?

Also is the drop down tag menu font color white for every one else? It is invisible until you mouse over it for me.

#2 Jin Ma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:59 PM

Just based on this screenshot. probably not? I don't see any JJ vents

Posted Image

JJ capable mechs have vents even on all the non jump jet variants. though i wish the JJ would have customizable mesh like the weapons, where if you take them off they go away.

Posted Image

Edited by Jin Ma, 19 April 2014 - 03:14 PM.

#3 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

If there is ever a Jump-capable Mad Cat, I'd expect it would be through the use of auxilary pods purchased separately from any variant, as they have mentioned that being likely. And/or a Pryde Hero mech.

If there is ever a Jump-capable Mad Cat, I'd expect it would be through the use of auxilary pods purchased separately from any variant, as they have mentioned that being likely. And/or a Pryde Hero mech.

#4 Fiona Marshe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 756 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

Hero mech only

#5 SirLankyIII

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

It's entirely possible since it does exist in 3050. We're guaranteed 3 varients for obvious reasons, but we could expect to see the Prime, A, B, C, D and S variants depending on how generous PGI are feeling since all of them exist in 3050. That said the S is new in 3050 so they might hold it back until later. There's also the Pryde hero variant in 3052 with jets as another option, but that's dependent on how PGI handles timeline jumps.

EDIT: Also the wolf is gorgeous in that screenshot

Edited by SirLankyIII, 19 April 2014 - 06:29 PM.

#6 Viges

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

View PostFiona Marshe, on 19 April 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

Hero mech only

P2W!

I think all clan mechs should have JJs because all honorable warriors use JJs.

#7 Corwin Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 631 posts
  • LocationChateau, Clan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:03 PM

JJs are equippable on any omnimech as is any equipment your clan commonly stocks.

But I think the whole hard point and JJ/non-JJ system is stupid.

#8 Tw1stedMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 303 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:45 AM

View PostViges, on 19 April 2014 - 06:39 PM, said:

P2W!

I think all clan mechs should have JJs because all honorable warriors use JJs.

I would argue the opposite. I refuse to use JJs because they shouldn't be so useful during combat as they are currently.

#9 Viges

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:53 AM

View PostTw1stedMonkey, on 20 April 2014 - 01:45 AM, said:

I would argue the opposite. I refuse to use JJs because they shouldn't be so useful during combat as they are currently.

Blasphemy!

It was told that all the clan mechs have JJs to dominate the battlefield! And all the clan weapons are blessed with honor to deal +100500 damage against unholy creatures is mechs!

#10 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:58 AM

To bad they cant give us more information on clan mechs etc. It makes buying them just like a dice game pure luck. Will they be balanced or under powered of over powered. Will they have JJs etc etc. I would probably by them just to get a 75 ton mech with JJs and a good loadout since they nurfed my Victors :lol: But after paying real money for every one of my Victors not so sure now about Clan mechs.

#11 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:09 AM

Since there might not be mixed matches, I lost interest in buying Clan mechs.

Edited by El Bandito, 20 April 2014 - 09:10 AM.

#12 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:14 AM

View PostTw1stedMonkey, on 20 April 2014 - 01:45 AM, said:

They weren't when there was delayed convergence (hold target for 1 second, weapons align to hit it perfectly for pinpoint). Even without screenshake, etc., it was impossible to get a perfect shot while poptarting.

Possible to shoot and hit yes. A pinpoint shot of multiple weapons? Not possible (even with lasers).

It wasn't until that was removed that it became a problem.

Edited by Koniving, 20 April 2014 - 12:22 PM.

#13 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:20 AM

View PostKoniving, on 20 April 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

They weren't when there was delayed convergence (hold target for 1 second, weapons align to hit it perfectly for pinpoint). Even without screenshake, etc., it was impossible to get a perfect shot while poptarting. It wasn't until that was removed that it became a problem.

So PGI manage to devolve game play? Sigh...

Ghost Heat, SS shake, all of that could have been avoided...

Edited by El Bandito, 20 April 2014 - 09:21 AM.

#14 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:32 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 20 April 2014 - 09:20 AM, said:

So PGI manage to devolve game play? Sigh...

Lag issue.
It took 1 second for someone with 80 ping or less, and had a half second firing delay (before HSR)
It took 3 seconds for someone with 270 ping, who already couldn't fire for more than a second after pressing it. (before HSR).
This is because convergence was server-controlled not client controlled. PGI claims client-control would allow someone to 'tweak' a setting to make it "0 seconds" or instant.
Watch closed beta and open beta footage at Spider release or before to see delayed convergence at work.

Vids showing it.
Spoiler

Fond memories of when the game was really great. Atlas versus Atlas urban brawling (what people really mean when they say you can't brawl anymore), old school days when twin AC/20s didn't mean instant win button, and melee in MWO.
Spoiler

Edited by Koniving, 20 April 2014 - 09:35 AM.

#15 keith

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostKoniving, on 20 April 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

Lag issue.
It took 1 second for someone with 80 ping or less, and had a half second firing delay (before HSR)
It took 3 seconds for someone with 270 ping, who already couldn't fire for more than a second after pressing it. (before HSR).
This is because convergence was server-controlled not client controlled. PGI claims client-control would allow someone to 'tweak' a setting to make it "0 seconds" or instant.
Watch closed beta and open beta footage at Spider release or before to see delayed convergence at work.

Vids showing it.
Spoiler

Fond memories of when the game was really great. Atlas versus Atlas urban brawling (what people really mean when they say you can't brawl anymore), old school days when twin AC/20s didn't mean instant win button, and melee in MWO.
Spoiler

i logged in just to say this is what MWO used to be like. THIS game was fun. the current game is crap and unfun. if the CB beta game was what was current 8v8, had convergence and a balanced game. many more ppl would be playing. glad someone still has proof of what MWO could have been.

#16 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:04 PM

Think it could still be that fun with 12 versus 12. But the maps need some redesigning to accommodate them (and no choke points would be great; as every map has a choke point of some sort. Even Alpine does [Sniper's Hill]).

#17 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostKoniving, on 20 April 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

Lag issue.

Vids showing it.
Spoiler

Spoiler

What happened to this Mechwarrior>? This is the stuff I heard about in Closed Beta that made me decided to try out this game in Jan 2013..... I did not contribute to the Founders because I was learily at the Developer (PGI) and did not trust them.... but then I saw stuff like this and decided to try out the game...

No Depth of Field or Cockpit Glass to dirty up the game.... Sounds were way better (weapons,sound effects)... Dare I say weapons almost ok when compared to GHost Heat and other crap that PGI has implemented...

8 man teams... which to me made the game more fun... 12 mans are ok but too bad no options for both...

Seems like a lot of "improvements" that PGI has implemented have made the game worse than it was a year ago...

No wonder PGI is only now starting to give away mechs and mechbays.... its not because of the broken 2.0 is finally here... its because the Game is dieing and the player count is dropping..

#18 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:57 PM

View PostFiona Marshe, on 19 April 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

Hero mech only

i like this idea

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users