33 replies to this topic

#1 Surtosi

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 40 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:53 PM

Will clan mechs be dropping alongside sphere mechs from the start? Will clan/sphere players get their own drop groups? Will there be an arcade mode ffa that mixes everyone vs a faction - drop?

I'd like to buy a clan package but I refuse until I know the answers to these questions. Thanks to all responders.

Edited by Egomane, 22 April 2014 - 01:22 AM.
modified tags

#2 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:31 PM

Clan mechs will not be dropping with IS mechs. Clan and IS mechs I think will get their own drop groups, though maybe there are special things along the way or changes. I wish there was an arcade mode where it's pretty much like now (instant action), but so far no news on such. More info along the way here: http://mwomercs.com/...gn-perspective/
http://mwomercs.com/...d-construction/

#3 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:34 PM

There will be three queues.

Public -- Any and all 'Mechs are accepted. A.K.A. Instant Action.

Faction -- Players who join an I.S. faction can only pilot I.S. 'Mechs. Players who join a Clan faction can only pilot Clan 'Mechs. This will be the Community Warfare mode.

12-man -- Players get to choose limitations.

#4 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:49 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 21 April 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

There will be three queues.

Public -- Any and all 'Mechs are accepted. A.K.A. Instant Action.

Faction -- Players who join an I.S. faction can only pilot I.S. 'Mechs. Players who join a Clan faction can only pilot Clan 'Mechs. This will be the Community Warfare mode.

12-man -- Players get to choose limitations.

Is this verified on a post/reddit/twitter/etc? Can you link this? I've never gotten note of such.

#5 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:57 PM

A couple of the recent NGNG podcasts had it, I think. Haven't listened to the newest one, so it wasn't that one. Not the second-newest either. So it was probably 105/106/107.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:06 PM

Problem is Russ's twitter has been saying "anyone can pilot anything." Of course that could mean anything.

#7 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:10 PM

View PostKoniving, on 21 April 2014 - 10:06 PM, said:

Russ's ....has been saying....

Working on some of my own projects, and I am starting to feel for the guy actually. :(
(yes, that is me admitting that I am as bad at giving people info on what I am working on as he is :P)

On the other hand, don't they have someone (usually at least) who's job is to do that?
(on the other other hand, I know several professionals who probably shouldn't have their jobs, a degree isn't everything....)
(on the other other other mutated hand spawned by chaos.....humanity, or to put it another way, oh the huge manatee :lol:)

#8 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:32 PM

I have not seen anything that indicates there will be separate queues - and I think I recall several blue posts saying that we will be dropping together. Heck, the entire point of the post Iuxebo quoted was that Tabletop Clan tech won't work absent Zelbrigen (which doesn't actually balance anything; but neither will BattleValue, so don't go there) when matched against Inner Sphere technology.

At this point, anyone who thinks they're going to split off the Adjective Animals into their own queues needs to cough up a direct link to evidence.

Edited by Void Angel, 21 April 2014 - 10:34 PM.

#9 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:33 PM

Mixed tech and Clan mechs will be 5 or 10 tons heavier when matched with IS mechs.

#10 Androas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:33 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 21 April 2014 - 10:10 PM, said:

Working on some of my own projects, and I am starting to feel for the guy actually. :(
(yes, that is me admitting that I am as bad at giving people info on what I am working on as he is :P)

On the other hand, don't they have someone (usually at least) who's job is to do that?
(on the other other hand, I know several professionals who probably shouldn't have their jobs, a degree isn't everything....)
(on the other other other mutated hand spawned by chaos.....humanity, or to put it another way, oh the huge manatee :lol:)

To have someone who makes the public announcements, means, to pay someone for it, and i dont think, a small company would be wise, to pay someone for that only.

About the Question, well, the Clans did take IS Pilots if those had proven worthy as bondsmen, it may not happen everyday, but it is not unheard of either, so, having mixed teams is not that strange or "unrealistic".

Next thing, as that is something every version of BT based game allways explained, its War, and war might lead to strange, even if temporary, alliances, why shouldnt some Clan Warriors and Liao Pilots (for example) join forces to face a common enemy for a single battle?

The enemy of my enemy...

and after all, we are not seeing "big Politics and long term decisions" in this game, its about short term decision and small scale Engagements.

Makes perfect sense to join forces for the time beeing, especially in pub games, which are more or less "small scale border skirmishes on some backwater planets"

And about everybody can take everything, well well, maybe we get to choose two Factions after Clans are implemented, and if we pick our Clan mechs, we gain our LP towards our Clan Faction, and if we Pick an IS Mech, we get our LP towards IS?

#11 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:46 PM

I thought i read somewhere of IS vs IS, Clan vs Clan and Clan vs IS drops. Did it change?

#12 Bobzilla

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:25 AM

They have said there will be public matches where anything goes.
They said the faction wars will be closer to cannon, but didn't give details. (Tech limitations or just faction limitations)
They said Private matches you can choose to limit tech.

So it's a tough call. They have said they don't want to get into not allowing certain mechs in certain situations, but that could be it's all open or the MM separates clan from IS.

#13 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:09 AM

View PostKoniving, on 21 April 2014 - 10:06 PM, said:

Problem is Russ's twitter has been saying "anyone can pilot anything." Of course that could mean anything.

And usually means the opposite of what everyone thinks it does! :( :P

#14 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:55 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 21 April 2014 - 10:32 PM, said:

At this point, anyone who thinks they're going to split off the Adjective Animals into their own queues needs to cough up a direct link to evidence.

It was an NGNG podcast. #105, Russ Bullock Part 2. Start at about 20 minute mark. Good part starts at 22:22, but listen for longer. Two Clan 'Mechs per month is stated at about 28:30.

As I said:

Public: All 'Mechs all the time.
Faction: Faction limitations.
12-man: Players determine limitations.

#15 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:19 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 21 April 2014 - 10:33 PM, said:

Mixed tech and Clan mechs will be 5 or 10 tons heavier when matched with IS mechs.

Which means nothing because a 75 ton Madcat will not be matched with an 80 ton Victor due to 3/3/3/3.

#16 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:20 AM

Thanks! I'll go listen to it now. Really wish they'd collate their announcements in one place. The dev tracker just isn't enough - I have a hobby; it's MWO. I don't need to juggle random twitter comments and third-party communications, too. =)

#17 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:21 AM

I think the in-game explanation for allowing cross-faction mechs is Salvage. The out-of-game explanation is, people paid a bunch of money to get those mechs, so PGI can't say they can't use them alongside their friends who didn't spend that money.

#18 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:27 AM

I can not see the MM being able to work if they separate Clan and IS mechs. It will already be struggling to get matches out with 3/3/3/3 adding in an additional division it most likely will just take a crap and die.

I would rather they were separate but I will be surprised if they try it.

Edited by Screech, 22 April 2014 - 07:27 AM.

#19 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:29 AM

I won't buy Clan mechs until I see how they are going to be integrated in Faction/Community Warfare. I am not going to spend $240 on mechs that I can only use in Public matches.

#20 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:47 AM

Here, listen to this, starting at about 20:00. They're planning, as of this podcast, to allow any 'mechs into PuG play, any 'mechs into private matches, and to have a "Faction Mode" where you're playing as a faction player (and presumably will have restrictions in what 'mechs you can take.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users