An Easy Idea To Improve Gameplay

13 replies to this topic

#1 Runs With Scissors

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

this was going to have a couple of ideas (which have probably been said before) but then I realized it was all basically the same thing, and that is: TOGGLES

an arm lock toggle that's a real toggle
toggles for weapons so u can use MGs and TAGs without a weight on the keyboard (like me)toggles for UACs so u can switch between single and double fire
and toggles for AMS so you don't burn ammo while ducking fire behind a ridge (or give away your position)
a toggle for gauss so you could power it down and not have it splode from a crit

we already have this for ecm to switch between modes and I while I admit my programming skill is nil, I have trouble believing that this would be hard to do,  and I would think almost every player would benefit from at least one of the above, if not all 4

Edited by Runs With Scissors, 21 April 2014 - 07:52 PM.

#2 Hanz Blitzer

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

I would love to have an arm lock toggle. Count me in for UACs and AMS as well.

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

Taping my key does not keep the TAG for long, unfortunately, so I welcome the toggle.

#4 GalaxyBluestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

won't be happy till we have toggles for jettisoning ammo, changing dmg dolly's to graphs, passive radar and a rear view camera. like 15+ year old MW games had.

#5 Shatterpoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 358 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

Not a fan of the idea for weapons, if you can toggle a weapon on and off it shouldn't be usable.
Other stuff yeah that's a sweet idea.

#6 Runs With Scissors

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

View PostShatterpoint, on 21 April 2014 - 07:34 PM, said:

Not a fan of the idea for weapons, if you can toggle a weapon on and off it shouldn't be usable.
Other stuff yeah that's a sweet idea.
well the idea was for a "weapons firing" on/off toggle and that was is mainly for TAG and possibly MGs, I don't really see how it could benefit any other weapon. a weapon power down toggle would be good for gauss though, ill add it to the list :)

#7 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

An override shutdown toggle that actually lasted for any real amount of time would be nice.

#8 Shatterpoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 358 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

I meant for MGs, they're not really the joke weapon they used to be..if you can just run up behind an assault for example, hit your toggle and win while you sit their scratching your whatever with your spare hand then something's wrong.
For things like TAG it would make a lot more sense to me.

Also just occured to me, toggle for the AMS would be nice..hard to try for an ambush when there's bullet spam flying out of you.

Edited by Shatterpoint, 21 April 2014 - 08:20 PM.

#9 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:15 PM

TAG, it amazes me they haven't put it in sooner. It's a piece of gear that depends on a constant painting of the target.

#10 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:18 PM

View PostShatterpoint, on 21 April 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

I meant for MGs, they're not really the joke weapon they used to be..if you can just run up behind an assault for example, hit your toggle and win while you sit their scratching your whatever with your spare hand then something's wrong.
For things like TAG it would make a lot more sense to me.

You are correct. Something is drastically wrong.... with the player driving the target mech. I'm not saying MGs need or should have a toggle, but I don't see how it would offer any advantage, whatsoever, outside of being able to slowly whittle away an AFK player while typing. If they're going to just stand there and let you kill them with MGs, then a toggle didn't make you more effective. If they are going to fight back and force you to move, holding down the fire button while playing is probably not a significant hindrance. After all, you did bring MGs, so you probably don't have a lot of other weapons. I suppose there's the edge case of a mech loaded with other weapons packing MGs as an afterthought, but then the MGs are probably not a primary concern.

View PostPjwned, on 21 April 2014 - 07:51 PM, said:

An override shutdown toggle that actually lasted for any real amount of time would be nice.

Just how long do you want to spend taking override damage? :) In my experience, you're not doing it for long, either way.

#11 Diablobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:30 PM

Just a friendly piece of advice for TAG users. You can wedge a dime on the edge of your TAG button and it will stay down. It's better than taping and doesn't come loose.

#12 Demuder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:15 AM

Toggle for arm lock, AMS and TAG. A thousand times yes, yes, yes, a la Meg Ryan YES !

Edited by dimstog, 22 April 2014 - 12:15 AM.

#13 ArmandTulsen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:06 AM

I approve of this OP.

#14 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:01 AM

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 21 April 2014 - 08:18 PM, said:

Just how long do you want to spend taking override damage? ;) In my experience, you're not doing it for long, either way.

The problem is when I hit override, my mech cools off for a few seconds, and then I fire again thinking override will prevent me from overheating but it doesn't so I shut down and get killed while taking some internal damage from overheating anyways. It hasn't happened very frequently but it has happened enough to be kind of annoying, especially on a map like Terra Therma.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users