Hired Mercs Idea

4 replies to this topic

#1 kingalbertII

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:22 AM

I am not very deep in the battletech lore and so i don't really feel like joining a faction.
As such, the mercenary way is more of my way, especially since i can basically use any mech i want without disturbing the canon since mercs use what they want/have/can afford/their contractor provides.

now (especially with CW incoming), I think it would be great if as a merc corps member you could choose a faction and you would be fighting in the name of a faction for a limited time.
Example: if i choose steiner, the next 7 days the results of what i do would count towards house steiner as if i were a member and when the period ends, the contract ends and i can choose again what faction to fight for the next week.

in case CW would bring bonus rewards for factions based on their status, mercs would get bonuses based on the progress his(/her if any) contractor made during the hired period

the tag could also alter on this
ex:
MRK if you are fighting for kurita right now
MRD if davion
MRS steiner
etc

and if factions think you are good, faction members could send you a message to encourage you to keep fighting for their faction/ fight for them when your contract ends

#2 Stepping Razor

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 46 posts
  • LocationVermont Hills

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

sounds like a cool idea, maybe even have a Merc leader-board, so we in sense would know who to hire, for a job. say we steiner were attacking kurita, i wouldnt want to try and hire a merc that was affiliated with them, they might just turn around and sell the info of the contract to kurita, i would want to know if the merc was capable of carrying out the contract and willing to help say "Steiner" by his Steiner affiliation points.

my thoughts are a little scattered but i hope y'all understand what i mean

#3 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

I like it, It is a nice little indicator for Employed Mercs. Maybe there could be some incitive for factions to entice Merc Corps. Like higher pay and Zeus BattleMechs from House Steiner or high loyalty points and early access to Hatamoto-Chi BattleMechs for House Kurita. Something like that would work.

Edited by Will9761, 24 May 2014 - 12:37 PM.

#4 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:36 PM

Uhmmm i think that's what's going to happen with CW. If your playing a merc company your unit leader will choose what faction you will contract with. Doing different contracts will get you different awards and they already hinted the fact that if you have good relationships with all factions you will get to wear Wolf's Dragoon colors and symbols (which is awesome!!!) Because the dragoons were the only unit that worked for just about all factions at one point.

I am more excited for the bounty system. Anyone remember the player bounty system from Star Wars an empire divided MMO where you sought out someone and then killed them? Well it's back....this time in MWO, and it's totally controlled by players!!!

#5 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:45 PM

Also you will be able to "unlocked" certain legendary units in mechwarrior lore. Your unit then can be apart of these units and reap the awards from being apart of those units. Being in the Gray Death Legion for example will give you more cbills, Wolf's Dragoons more access to clan weaponry, and so forth. So basically some of these things you mentioned are coming during CW

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users