11 replies to this topic

#1 Crotch RockIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 583 posts
  • Locationchewing his lower lip

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:02 PM

The patch notes for the recently released Phoenix mechs states that the new Shadowhawk SHD-2D and SHD-2K variants have the following boost quirks:

+25% torso yaw speed
+5% turn speed

However, Smurfy does not show these quirks on its website. It does, however, show the nerf quirks for the new Battlemaster BLR-3M, which was released at the same time .

Can anyone confirm whether these new Shadowhawks actually have the boost quirks promised by PGI in the patch notes?

I'm inclined to think that the quirks aren't there, since they don't show up on Smurfy, but I hope that I'm wrong. If PGI neglected to include the promised quirks, then I hope they remedy the problem in the next patch.

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:04 PM

I'm going to guess that ALL Shadowhawks have the same quirk. That's probably why that's happening.

Ideally, smurfy should actually put "quirks" on mechs that deviate from the standard formula for engines that directly affect torso twisting, turn speed, and so on. That would be a lot more "helpful".

Edited by Deathlike, 22 April 2014 - 02:05 PM.

#3 Crotch RockIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 583 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:53 PM

You may be right. I didn't consider that possibility. It would be nice if PGI included the quirk data for each mech in the Mechlab.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:40 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 22 April 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

I'm going to guess that ALL Shadowhawks have the same quirk. That's probably why that's happening.

Ideally, smurfy should actually put "quirks" on mechs that deviate from the standard formula for engines that directly affect torso twisting, turn speed, and so on. That would be a lot more "helpful".

This.
Particularly the "+X%" is actually compared to the "standard" for 55 ton mechs in this case.
So if a 55 ton mech is "0%" twist speed, that's standard or normal.
"+5%" is 5% faster than "normal."

Normal is the universal for all 55 ton mechs. So typically Shadowhawks have "x%" faster twist than normal 55 ton mechs.
Meanwhile something else has less than normal.

#5 Crotch RockIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 583 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:34 AM

So, I did a little bit of digging around in the Mechlab. The 2D and 2K variants both have a torso yaw speed of 125 deg/sec with the stoc 275 engine. Since there is supposed to be +25% quirk applied, I can surmise that the unquirked speed for a 55 ton mech is 100 deg/sec.

Looking at the other 55 ton mechs, all of the Shadowhawk, Wolverine, and Kintaro variants (with stock 275 engine) have the same 125 deg/sec torso yaw speed. So, ALL of them have the +25% quirk. There is nothing special about the SHD-2D and 2K variants.

The Griffin, however, has a 110 deg/sec speed (with stock 275 engine). Therefore, it has a +10% quirk (which is actually a nerf compared to the other 55 ton mechs). Presumably, the slower twist speed is meant to balance out the Griffin's superior twist range.

#6 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:49 AM

The reference tab on Smurfies will show you the angle that shadow hawks can move. all are the same.

But no Quirks.

#7 Captain Stiffy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:12 AM

What's with the lack of decent quirks on this mech?

#8 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:18 AM

View PostCaptain Stiffy, on 06 November 2014 - 01:12 AM, said:

What's with the lack of decent quirks on this mech?

It's already the best IS medium mech.

#9 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:50 AM

View Postmogs01gt, on 06 November 2014 - 07:18 AM, said:

It's already the best IS medium mech.

I don't entirely disagree BEFORE quirks it was really great. With absolutely abysmal jump jets and no weapon related quirks I don't think that's true anymore. Definitely not in fact.

#10 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:08 AM

View PostCaptain Stiffy, on 06 November 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:

I don't entirely disagree BEFORE quirks it was really great. With absolutely abysmal jump jets and no weapon related quirks I don't think that's true anymore. Definitely not in fact.

I've never ran JJ's on it so they never effected me.

The issue is, quirks will make the Shawks complete on an even playing field with doomcrows. I dont think PGI would allow that financially speaking.

Edited by mogs01gt, 06 November 2014 - 09:08 AM.

#11 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:28 AM

View Postmogs01gt, on 06 November 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:

I've never ran JJ's on it so they never effected me.

The issue is, quirks will make the Shawks complete on an even playing field with doomcrows. I dont think PGI would allow that financially speaking.

I'm really sick ass tired of their fail of a F2P model crapping all over the way the game really should be.

#12 Crotch RockIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 583 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:40 AM

On a related note, I'd like to point out that every Shadowhawk variant got one weapons quirk, except for the 2D and 5M, even though Russ's mech tier list shows all variants as Tier 2.

Why did the 2D and 5M get shafted on the quirks?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users