Is The Griffin The Sexiest Mink In The Game?

BattleMechs

68 replies to this topic

#61 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa USA

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:15 PM

You know I didn't even read your full original post.. What mech really makes my fancy? Well.. I do like the Griffin for the same reasons you do, but I'd say the one I felt best made me say, Wow, Now thats a nice looking ride. The Centurion. This was always one mech I loved in Battletech, yet I hated the miniature for it (Still had one). I always thought, the Centurion "Could" look so much better.

Then PGI comes along with MWO and revealed the Centurion. I took one look at it and said, now thats how a Centurion should look! Though I don't currently have one in my garage, It and the Griffin (and one other, noted below) are among my favorite Mediums.

The Dragon is also another favorite in MWO, again I really detested the miniature for it (I did have and used it still) as I always felt it could look a little better, and yet again, PGI revealed it and it was a masterpiece. Sadly I won't get one, as my personal favorite variant isn't in MWO (Yet), the variant dispensing with the AC and replacing it with an ER PPC (AKA the Grand Dragon).

I'm also Impressed with the Atlas which resembles the original miniature and yet has PGI's take on it while staying true to the original look (Which is what I'm piloting atm).

As for my Ultimate Favorite wow mech in MWO, hate me if you must, the Timberwolf (Mad Cat). Again, like the Griffin has that "Bomber" looking cockpit and yet is automatically recognizable as its original Battletech counterpart. This is actually tied as my Favorite with the Hatchetman, with the exception that the Timberwolf is actually in MWO (Well, soon will be).

Note: Now if only PGI would bring my other favorite mech into MWO, The Hatchetman, Sadly since they stated already that physical combat wasn't currently in their plans I don't expect to see it, but would love it if their artists would at least draw it up and show me what it'd look like in MWO while staying true to its original look.

#62 GenBeco

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:54 PM

View PostSstaan, on 23 April 2014 - 11:15 PM, said:

You know I didn't even read your full original post.. What mech really makes my fancy? Well.. I do like the Griffin for the same reasons you do, but I'd say the one I felt best made me say, Wow, Now thats a nice looking ride. The Centurion. This was always one mech I loved in Battletech, yet I hated the miniature for it (Still had one). I always thought, the Centurion "Could" look so much better.

Then PGI comes along with MWO and revealed the Centurion. I took one look at it and said, now thats how a Centurion should look! Though I don't currently have one in my garage, It and the Griffin (and one other, noted below) are among my favorite Mediums.

Note: Now if only PGI would bring my other favorite mech into MWO, The Hatchetman, Sadly since they stated already that physical combat wasn't currently in their plans I don't expect to see it, but would love it if their artists would at least draw it up and show me what it'd look like in MWO while staying true to its original look.

totally agree with you the centurion always looked a little off and pgi did a fantastic job it was my fav mech in tabletop despite lacking in some areas and not being as astetically pleasing as some. i also agree that the hatchetman would be up on my list if it was in game that machine was very nice and it is sad that they wont be releasing it :(

#63 Dazzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts
  • LocationSpain next to Gibraltar

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:58 AM

The Hunchback will always have a place in my heart. All of them but the 4SP in particular even with the SMR nerf.

#64 HimseIf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Visekorporal
  • 270 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:04 AM

View PostSstaan, on 23 April 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

Well, I must admit I am fond of the Griffin both in MWO and in the original Tabletop Game (Battletech) for its look, love the classic aviator style cockpit, and may get one eventually, however due to selling my only other mech so I could buy that nice shiny AS7-D DC (and being flat broke so can't buy MC) I have, Umm.. 1 Mech. Did "Try" a Griffin and did enjoy piloting one though.

And AUSwarrior24, I agree, its a little useless, but always rather liked the locust myself. In Battletech I did have a pilot that used a heavily modified Locust named the "Jackrabbit" (It carried a Meduim Laser and 4 Flamers) and though I made it as a joke, that mech was responsible for many deaths in Battletech, Including an Atlas. My buddy hated that spindly legged pain in his backside.

(Slightly off topic but) i had a locust with 4 flamers and a laser and killed an atlas with it right in this game. It was so funny, he exploded from overheating.

#65 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Wa USA

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:57 AM

View PostHimseIf, on 24 April 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:

(Slightly off topic but) i had a locust with 4 flamers and a laser and killed an atlas with it right in this game. It was so funny, he exploded from overheating.

See, Its moments like that that make games enjoyable, past..and present.

#66 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:05 AM

I still say the Atlas has every mech beat in the sexy department.

Sure she has a bit of a "butter" face, but the way she moves her hips when she walks is mezmerising :(

Now, as for the wolverine, she is a bit too crazy. The ball gag (head laser) is a big red flag...unless you like them a bit crazy LOL.

#67 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:14 AM

I am now a Lyran Battle Armor soldier. I traded in my Tbolt and Centurion and bought a Griffin-1N!

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 24 April 2014 - 04:17 AM.

#68 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:22 AM

I fear if they hold the Kit Fox to the Adder's artistic quality in MWO, the 'Fox will be unkillable due to cuteness.

Unless you are some sort of monster.

Adder, however, looks absolutely incredible to me. Reminds me of an AH-1 Super Cobra.

#69 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:05 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 24 April 2014 - 04:22 AM, said:

I fear if they hold the Kit Fox to the Adder's artistic quality in MWO, the 'Fox will be unkillable due to cuteness.

Unless you are some sort of monster.

I am strangely ok with the Kit Fox looking weapons grade adorable. I suspect most players will be monsters though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users