Now That Private Matchmaking Is Out...

20 replies to this topic

#1 Truthstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:32 PM

Have HLs been designated as of yet and if so, what is being done to support the Community growth?

#2 Wild Hog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 145 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:35 PM

There are no HL's in this game, House pilots will have little or no control over where or who they engage.Other than these forums, the community you seek is scattered about on various hubs or specific websites. I would like to get in touch with Metro, we have something happening, would like him to see it.

#3 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:25 AM

We've got some nice ideas on this to coincide with our operations, but honestly it's hard to get on friendly terms with anyone not Liao because of the stigmatism of the Goons and St. Ives.

Our community is strong - we have ~35 active pilots (give or take) spread across the world fromt the US, Australia and Russia. However, the time zone thing is messing with us and it's hard to get 12 pilots on. 9, 10, 11 sure...but 12 is a magic number.

Running an 8-man league from our website is a strong possibility, however. PGI will have to change some things before we truly become interested and pursue this (it's a lot of work).

Edited by Zvolimir the Blackhand, 07 May 2014 - 07:26 AM.

#4 Wild Hog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 145 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:34 PM

I've known Metro for quite a few years, and consider him a friend. Ask him, then tell him to get off his butt and contact me. I can't send him PM's on this forum for some reason. There is no stigma, and we seek the same thing as you, a fun atmosphere and a level playing field. We're reaching out with our newly constructed way back machine in an attempt to re-create what once was.

Even if Metro doesn't show up, if you could please refer me to whoever might carry that torch in his absence we can get a conversation, and some real fun, going on around here. Work is done already........hope to hear from someone soon!

~SALUTE~

#5 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:58 PM

I'm not sure why I would contact Metro.

Metro can contact me.

#6 Wild Hog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 145 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:28 PM

Well, I have no clue what that means,and I'm not going to get into the middle of anything. If anyone hears from Metro, please tell him I was looking for him, thanks!

#7 BotSmoker

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBetelgeuse

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:12 AM

Notified.

#8 Truthstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:11 PM

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 07 May 2014 - 07:25 AM, said:

We've got some nice ideas on this to coincide with our operations, but honestly it's hard to get on friendly terms with anyone not Liao because of the stigmatism of the Goons and St. Ives.

Our community is strong - we have ~35 active pilots (give or take) spread across the world fromt the US, Australia and Russia. However, the time zone thing is messing with us and it's hard to get 12 pilots on. 9, 10, 11 sure...but 12 is a magic number.

Running an 8-man league from our website is a strong possibility, however. PGI will have to change some things before we truly become interested and pursue this (it's a lot of work).

Well lets start with baby steps.

The biggest hurdle for longterm play was lack of private drops ie. Unit vs Unit. Unfortunately, we still can't edit our ingame handles to add Unit designations but that's another issue...

So for now: Can we all agree to get active players on a single TS Server? Looks like the majority of Unit/competitive players are riding on MercStar Server

ts52.gameservers.com:9315

I will request a House Liao Channel be created with multiple sub-rooms if we can have agreement to gather there moving forward.
Communication will be much easier in channel instead of just Forums. Houses don't need actual duties in-game to be hardcoded. This is more about rebuilding the Community and the Houses are a vital foundation., from there the Units will become more and more organized.
Thoughts?

#9 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:41 PM

Looks like we have our 15 man.

We'll be on our server, but don't come over unless you're Liao.

Exceptions could be made for Kurita or Marik units, but no Davion.

NONE.

#10 Truthstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:24 PM

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 09 May 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

Looks like we have our 15 man. We'll be on our server, but don't come over unless you're Liao. Exceptions could be made for Kurita or Marik units, but no Davion. NONE.

Why not save the bs. All active Units and Houses members need to be on a single Channel to better organize drops.

#11 Thunder Lips Express

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFrom parts unknown

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:51 PM

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 09 May 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

Looks like we have our 15 man.

We'll be on our server, but don't come over unless you're Liao.

Exceptions could be made for Kurita or Marik units, but no Davion.

NONE.

how about just three davions? THREE?!?

#12 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:06 PM

View PostTruthstar, on 09 May 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

Why not save the bs. All active Units and Houses members need to be on a single Channel to better organize drops.

If you're talking about Liao, we have our channel. The Davion sympathizers can stick with theirs.

View PostEcliptor, on 09 May 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

how about just three davions? THREE?!?

Zero. ZILCH.

#13 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:17 AM

Hey Wild hog,

I'm still around.

Email me, metroblaze

Good to hear from you.

Heard from him, we connected.

Edited by metro, 10 May 2014 - 01:57 PM.

#14 FireBerretta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:04 PM

Yep, things are getting underway as we speak.

#15 Aym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:41 PM

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 07 May 2014 - 07:25 AM, said:

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 07 May 2014 - 08:58 PM, said:

I'm not sure why I would contact Metro.

Metro can contact me.

The irony in this is SO rich. I've enjoyed the times the goons interacted with our community, such as the Marik Civil War. The FWLM is a community of about a dozen units, with 300-600 active players spread around the world, not all of which are members of the participating units. We're always ready to reach out to other established communities to organize private matches, and yet here we have Liao saying they have trouble doing that because of "stigmas," yet are unwilling to reach out to other units in their own house. Classic.

#16 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:38 PM

View PostAym, on 21 May 2014 - 06:41 PM, said:

The irony in this is SO rich. I've enjoyed the times the goons interacted with our community, such as the Marik Civil War. The FWLM is a community of about a dozen units, with 300-600 active players spread around the world, not all of which are members of the participating units. We're always ready to reach out to other established communities to organize private matches, and yet here we have Liao saying they have trouble doing that because of "stigmas," yet are unwilling to reach out to other units in their own house. Classic.

The time you speak of is long, long past.

#17 FireBerretta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:06 AM

Our TS server is open to anyone who wants to come over and all we ask is that everyone respects one another.
We are in communication with other units and factions and big things are about to start happening.

Honor, Integrity, and Dignity
TS Server houseliaovoice.com

Edited by FireBerretta, 22 May 2014 - 11:14 PM.

#18 Truthstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:58 PM

View PostFireBerretta, on 22 May 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

Our TS server is open to anyone who wants to come over and all we ask is that everyone respects one another.
We are in communication with other units and factions and big things are about to start happening.

Honor, Integrity, and Dignity
TS Server houseliaovoice.com

The problem with your point of view is that there aren't enough active Units to run off and play on their own little servers. Scheduling matches is ridiculous; it suggests the game isn't constant. The Community(Houses/Units) need to battle every night, all night. And being people can ride on multiple TS servers at once its pathetic "House" personnel are being isolationists.

#19 Smokeyjedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:14 AM

View PostTruthstar, on 24 May 2014 - 10:58 PM, said:

The problem with your point of view is that there aren't enough active Units to run off and play on their own little servers. Scheduling matches is ridiculous; it suggests the game isn't constant. The Community(Houses/Units) need to battle every night, all night. And being people can ride on multiple TS servers at once its pathetic "House" personnel are being isolationists.

some of us exclusively run on 1 server so be careful not to put words into peoples mouths. And yes there are too many people who dont bother with TS3 and VOIP. A shame.

I have a blinkin' Warrior House at my disposal, I play almost daily, and still noone wants to drop into the TS3 server-(HOUSELIAOVOICE.COM) If you wanted some group experience or had some questions to ask people. You don't think that Laio will put up. Well we do, and need more people around, to be honed by our countless Veteran (2+ years) players and our sheer numbers need to go up. So if you know of any rag-tag-mess-making small squad of lonies who would like formal proper "funding" for training, conditioning and or all around improvement from the likes of the Official Capellan confederation
Posted Image

Edited by Smokeyjedi, 26 May 2014 - 05:22 AM.

#20 Truthstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:09 AM

View PostSmokeyjedi, on 26 May 2014 - 03:14 AM, said:

some of us exclusively run on 1 server so be careful not to put words into peoples mouths. And yes there are too many people who dont bother with TS3 and VOIP. A shame.

I have a blinkin' Warrior House at my disposal, I play almost daily, and still noone wants to drop into the TS3 server-(HOUSELIAOVOICE.COM) If you wanted some group experience or had some questions to ask people. You don't think that Laio will put up. Well we do, and need more people around, to be honed by our countless Veteran (2+ years) players and our sheer numbers need to go up. So if you know of any rag-tag-mess-making small squad of lonies who would like formal proper "funding" for training, conditioning and or all around improvement from the likes of the Official Capellan confederation
Posted Image

Let me rephrase.

All the Houses(yes all of them) and Unit personnel need to ride on a single TS server.

Edited by Truthstar, 26 May 2014 - 08:11 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users