Interesting Ways To Use Private Matches

2 replies to this topic

#1 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:28 PM

Have not had the time to try one and I know the concerns I saw posted. Still, I think there are some interesting ways Private Matches could be used currently and post this for anyone to try experimenting with and possibly post other ideas.

One thing I read about Private Matches is that there are no XP and CB rewards. This means the only form of punishment for TK'ing is removed. Might be a bad thing but in Private Matches, TK'ers would become known and left out of groups.

However, this can also be a good thing evolved into the following two ideas.

Idea #1 - Solaris Duels

This requires at least 2 Players with Premium Time.
Each team has 1-3 players.
Each Team Commander assigns the other possible 1-2 members to their own lances. So each team has 1-3 Lances with 1 player on them.
This allows Solaris type duels with 2-6 players competing at the same time. You can fight what looks like allies in Blue colors since there should be no TK penalties.
If organized into a tournament, for now a system like this can be used to determine a champion.

Idea #2 - Multi-sided Combat

Typically, MWO fights have had 2 teams.
However, to each player they see three team colors.
Light Blue/Cyan - Lancemates
Blue - Allies from other Lances
Red - Enemies
It should be possible with no TK penalties to take in more than two 4 man teams to the same fight and fight as if in a 3+ way battle. Your only TRUE allies are your own Lancemates, anyone else is from a different faction even those with the darker Blue color.
CBT had battles with sides smaller than a 12 man group and sometimes 3+ way fights. Now you should be able to do the same.

Thoughts?

#2 Wrinklz

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, U.S.A.

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:12 PM

The only problem that jumps right out at me is that you will not be able to lock on to team mates in blue.

#3 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:30 AM

Damn, I knew I missed something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users