23 replies to this topic

#21 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:09 AM

View PostThe Great Unwashed, on 27 May 2014 - 12:58 AM, said:

This is already the case. The #1 from Liao wouldn't have made in in the top 10 of the winning team. That's not criticism, but fact (I wasn't in the Liao top 10 so...) (Devide by 50 to get the average score, 1970 for Liao, 2120 for the Lone Wolves.) The problem is not having too few players but too few very good players.

I played in a slow asssault and whenever I didn't up on the front line my assists were low (and I really had to force myself to be in the front lines but found out a bit too late) This is an area where a light can excel I suppose?

I didn't really notice an ELO effect and saw top ten players throughout the match but only played Sunday morning and Monday evening.

- First point, I think you're right. I misunderstood the score to mean score from all matches played by the faction.

- Among lights, the JR7-F and Firestarters can excel in this type of scoring because it can dash in and out of skirmishes by JJ'ing which is something that the 3L can't do. 4X can jump but it's not as fast as the Jenners and FS and doesn't have the energy hardpoints. 3L is a great harasser and provides defensive cover. In other words it's more of an enabler of your team than a fighter, which doesn't count into the scoring at all.

Edited by BlackhawkSC, 27 May 2014 - 01:26 AM.

#22 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:22 AM

The mean score plus the top 10 gives you some estimate on the score distribution. I cannot tell exactly how 11-50 did, but : I started the tournament relatively late and was #200 after 2 games, many players having played more than 10 matches. So, I think the number of Liao players was really very low. This would mean the distribution of scores drops off quickly if the entire population within each group behaves the same (say normal distribution); I had 1937 points for #27 and was briefly #36 at 1850-ish points, so if you need that score for your top 50 then "we" are in bad shape :) (But I am happy I contributed and do not regret spending 1000MC on Liao greens and yellows)

(you can subtract the top10 scores from the total score and get a sub top-10 mean but that is too much work).

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 27 May 2014 - 01:24 AM.

#23 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:02 AM

Interesting... Didn't go down as much as I expected.. Still get a free mech bay !! :)
Fortunately there were less LRM boats than I expected and when there were... Lol.. 3L

#24 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:24 AM

Best Game, Best Draw Game and Last game of the Tourny.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users