Clan Collection Package Details

72 replies to this topic

#61 GDFan

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:09 PM

Save your $$, the clan has been nerfed into oblivion.

#62 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:41 PM

View PostGDFan, on 05 September 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

My Timber Wolf still performs excellent.

#63 Gallowglas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:42 PM

YMMV, but mine seem fine.

#64 Tremendous Upside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:50 PM

View PostGallowglas, on 05 September 2014 - 06:42 PM, said:

YMMV, but mine seem fine.

I'd agree. It took me all of 2 minutes to find a new build on my Timberwolf that's arguably "better" than what I've been running for the last month. I didn't have to change a single thing on my Direwolf... And that begs the question "why"? What was even the point of balancing this way? Was it really the Kitfox, Nova, etc. that were creating such an imbalance that IS mechs couldn't hope to compete against them? Or was this just another knee-jerk reaction meant to make the community think that something - anything was being done to bring them back in line?

#65 YaKillinMeSmalls

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:14 PM

So you only bought yours with the expectation that you'd be getting superior mechs for cash?

#66 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:28 PM

SRM and LRM everywhere.....Kintaros and other builds like them are coming to do the Invasion. Clanmechs? I bought them. For what? That my Timber is now running with 4SRM6? My Stormcrow with 3 SRM6...WOW...Woit..my Shadowhawk can do the same....for What Clanmechs?

#67 Arkion29

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNaples, Florida

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:39 AM

I attempted to purchase the Clan collection and had purchased the Timber Wolf ala Carte last week. When I went to pay it is showing the full price. How do I get credit for the Timber Wolf I already have? I did not finalize the order because I want to make sure before I spend the cash.

#68 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:45 AM

Arkion29 email support, I've heard multiple people say that support has helped them in just these types of situations.

#69 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:33 AM

I didn't pay for the clan pack expecting intrinsically better tech but different tech and a different feel. I have been and remain pleasantly surprised. I'll confess to also being pretty happy with the balance of the clan pack when it came out, though others obviously disagreed. I thought the DoT element of clan weapons, along with their heat, made up for their weight and higher damage output (I can't even effectively use C-UACs). But I don't think the nerfs were that hard now that I've played with them a bit, other than how it impacted the Nova (disproportionately hard, I think). In any case, it encouraged me to drive my Stormcrows, and these things have turned out to be brutally efficient killers, much to my surprise. I'd recommend that anyone with an interest and disposable income pick up a pack. The clan mechs are fun and of a different flavor from the IS. I don't regret my purchase one bit.

#70 DarthMolen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 133 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationA galaxy far, far away...

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:58 AM

I wish I had the disposable income :( It's sad. I've bought all the latest and greatest packs since founders, but now that this huge pack has come, I get no credit for previously supporting the game. I know this is a business so I'll save my butt hurt, but can't afford right now.

#71 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:56 AM

View PostDarthMolen, on 10 September 2014 - 04:58 AM, said:

I wish I had the disposable income :( It's sad.

I feel ya there, I wound up trading house work to my sister for the Clan Pack, and I still owe her ~3 scrubbings.
Which is no where near as bad as it sounds - though it does sound pretty bad :wacko:

IE: she payed for it, and in exchange she gets her house cleaned - but she keeps a relatively clean house.

#72 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:17 AM

View PostDarthMolen, on 10 September 2014 - 04:58 AM, said:

I wish I had the disposable income :( It's sad. I've bought all the latest and greatest packs since founders, but now that this huge pack has come, I get no credit for previously supporting the game. I know this is a business so I'll save my butt hurt, but can't afford right now.

Couldn't afford it for the longest time but I might be able to catch up (I hope) and grab it before it's gone. They have it up much longer than I expected it to be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users