#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:53 PM

Greetings!

Please tell us your thoughts on the AMS Overload Module!

#2 Corbenik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:37 PM

I finally saw AMS LTD was kinda blue worked pretty good looked nice, but hard to see the visual if any on the other modules would like maybe a vid on them to see how they look aesthetically

Edited by Corbenik, 15 June 2014 - 09:32 PM.

#3 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

Ammo hog, but vastly improves AMS performance, especially with stacked AMS on one 'Mech + streaming shots (in other words, any Clan LRM system).

A triple AMS + AMS overload module burns ammo like mad, but can cancel out an entire 2x20 LRM salvo from a Timber Wolf at 500m. It'd probably be nearly as effective with most IS dual-AMS rigs.

#4 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:48 PM

I ran AMS overload module, but idk if it was working or not.

I know for a fact the 4x zoom mod thing wasnt working..sup with that? I pilot unlocked it, then module bought it, then mounted it, then checked twice...and it wasnt on...sup with that?

And why do we need to unlock everything 2 and 3 times in this game?

#5 Victor Steiner Davion Kahn

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSitting comfortably on the Draconis Combines' Homeworld.

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:50 PM

Used AMS Overload, ams range 2, and two ams' to test out the efficiency of this module. With all this combined it seemed to work great for most missile volleys until being fired upon by at least 2 cl lrm 15s or 20s. When this happened the ams seemed to stopped working all together or was just overwhelmed. This leads me to my other point, this is a lot focus on stopping missiles and giving up precious tonnage on ams', ammo, and module slots for only stopping most missiles. However an ecm can stop all missiles for only a couple crit slots. This really needs to be evaluated because this makes little sense to me. I hope this feedback has been helpful and I look forward to your guys' future plans for MWO.

#6 Monky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:19 AM

Kind of gives 2 bubbles against LRMs when combined with ECM, not sure if its effective against SRM/SSRM

Not sure why an LRM user would even bother at this point hah.

Edited by Monky, 16 June 2014 - 12:19 AM.

#7 Shakespeare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 429 posts
  • LocationGainesville, FL USA

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:50 AM

View PostVictor Steiner Davion Kahn, on 15 June 2014 - 10:50 PM, said:

Used AMS Overload, ams range 2, and two ams' to test out the efficiency of this module. With all this combined it seemed to work great for most missile volleys until being fired upon by at least 2 cl lrm 15s or 20s. When this happened the ams seemed to stopped working all together or was just overwhelmed. This leads me to my other point, this is a lot focus on stopping missiles and giving up precious tonnage on ams', ammo, and module slots for only stopping most missiles. However an ecm can stop all missiles for only a couple crit slots. This really needs to be evaluated because this makes little sense to me. I hope this feedback has been helpful and I look forward to your guys' future plans for MWO.

ECM is still heavily disruptive to the long game. If everyone that depended on ECM switched to carrying AMS, you'd be just as safe from missiles, but ammo would actually matter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users