#321 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 13 August 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

P.S. I really hope you are right with the number of "veterans", because i fear they are even less.
I'm afraid I have to agree with you... the numbers are probably half what I mentioned. However, if a true Merc Unit command and control environment can be established, I think those numbers will rise fairly high, again.

#322 Ariana Rifkin

• PipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 18 June 2014 - 05:06 PM, said:

A Clarification:

On a side note, I've seen the rumblings of people thinking that mixed teams of Clan and IS 'Mechs will be the norm from here on out. This is not the case. Faction (IS/Clan) combat is a big part of Community Warfare as are the skirmishes between the Houses themselves and the Clans themselves. This requires additional work to the database, player data and match making systems and will come out at a later time.

So if I have Clan Mechs and IS mechs....what happens? If I cannot mix can and IS mechs, will I be able to swap between Clan and IS factions in game?

#323 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:33 PM

No. You choose a faction for CW, and you will be able to switch, most likely with little penalty, but you won't want to do that multiple times in a night, and it would be disingenuous and make you something of a creep. However, OUTSIDE of CW, you can play whatever your little ol' pea-pickin' heart desires.

#324 Kyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:58 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 13 August 2014 - 03:33 PM, said:

No. You choose a faction for CW, and you will be able to switch, most likely with little penalty, but you won't want to do that multiple times in a night, and it would be disingenuous and make you something of a creep. However, OUTSIDE of CW, you can play whatever your little ol' pea-pickin' heart desires.

While I agree that is a likely scenario, it is far from definite. :wub: There is plenty of wiggle room in the precedent of "that was our position at the time" and the practical reality of them wanting to sell more product.

#325 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:34 PM

Greetings all,

Reference the Clan and IS mech's owned by a single player.

Once we get into the invasion and some time has passed, the Clans actually control some IS Mech Factories.
- These Factories were upgraded to produce the 'C' variant of the standard IS Mech chassis.
- And with a complete redesign the 'IIC' version.

Perhaps, if the Clan Player has the specific chassis or chassis' that are made at specific Factories, there Faction controls, they can have (for a nominal fee) these IS Mech's 'Upgraded' to allow them to operate with the other Clan Mech's.

I would think that changing the Players Faction and Loyalty should be somewhat different for each Faction, depending on the Faction they were with and which Faction they now want to move to.
- Bryan had stated that as the Player moves through each Faction there 'Loyalty' is altered or changed with now known Enemy Factions. It may be a bit of a balancing act to select the Faction to play next, so as to not 'tip the scales' against yourself by moving to somewhat neutral Faction first. (but this may have changed by now?)
- Perhaps we need a scale listing of the different Factions, showing the 'best option' for the Player to select next.

Note: At some point we will need a listing of the location(s) of the Mech Factories that produce the Mech's we have in game. This may be of some importance to New Clan Players choosing a Faction to follow, knowing that there Clan will at some point control these factories. (and possibly allow for IS chassis upgrades.)

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 13 August 2014 - 10:38 PM.

#326 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:18 PM

View Post9erRed, on 13 August 2014 - 10:34 PM, said:

Greetings all,

Reference the Clan and IS mech's owned by a single player.

Once we get into the invasion and some time has passed, the Clans actually control some IS Mech Factories.
- These Factories were upgraded to produce the 'C' variant of the standard IS Mech chassis.
- And with a complete redesign the 'IIC' version.

Perhaps, if the Clan Player has the specific chassis or chassis' that are made at specific Factories, there Faction controls, they can have (for a nominal fee) these IS Mech's 'Upgraded' to allow them to operate with the other Clan Mech's.

9erRed

While I know a lot of people will oppose this due to the whole mixtech issue, which is also oppose currently, it could be as simple as "locked" Hero mechs of those chassis, where the meat of the mech is unchangeable (per the OmniMech rules), but with Clan technology in them. These IIC versions would be more difficult for the designs that changed tonnage, but I think it would be a great thing, eventually (meaning no time soon).

#327 Uthael

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:13 PM

I believe this is still on-topic... About the "Units" from the clan-guild-alliance perspective:

1) How are Lone Wolves that wish to be a part of something meaningful going to join a Unit?
I'd suggest a Unit ladderboard, like those Gameforge browser games (heard of Ogame, anyone?). The ladderboard would be sortable by different criteria (battles won, member count, collective time online, etc.). Also, each Unit there would have it's "homepage". Not a browser one, but in-game one. Some vinyls, different backgrounds, a description and different fonts/sizes would be available. Call it a "Unit Billboard" if you'd like.

2) Membership loyalty and value - Each member would have to donate a daily or weekly C-Bills fee in addition to voluntary donations. In return, they would have a higher rank after some time. Ranking up would bring some privileges like being able to "borrow" a mech from the unit's Hangar, withdraw some C-Bills, etc.
To keep the members serious, Units could ask them for "entry fee", "daily fee", "monthly online presence", "average match score", etc., all visible on the Unit's billboard.
On the other hand, Units with low or no requirements would gain more members and in return have more members, active time, etc., etc., etc.

Edit:
3) About Clan-IS mechs... Aren't there supposed to be generally less Clan than IS mechs? If the game remains balanced like this, Clan-Clan matches are going to be the dominant ones in the competitive play. I know that some IS meches in the lore were upgraded with clan gear. My point here being: as the game stands right now, any unit that managed to assemble itself WILL have Clan mechs and will prefer using those in combat.

Edited by Uthael, 21 August 2014 - 04:23 PM.

#328 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

View PostUthael, on 21 August 2014 - 04:13 PM, said:

1) How are Lone Wolves that wish to be a part of something meaningful going to join a Unit?
I see two ways of this... 1) Join a unit with other players, or 2) IF Canon units are ever allowed to be played IN, if not RUN by player groups, then I suppose you could be a part of one of those.

Otherwise, the best way to do this is to hire on contracts with larger elements, such as player-run Merc Units and Houses.

3) About Clan-IS mechs... Aren't there supposed to be generally less Clan than IS mechs? If the game remains balanced like this, Clan-Clan matches are going to be the dominant ones in the competitive play. I know that some IS meches in the lore were upgraded with clan gear. My point here being: as the game stands right now, any unit that managed to assemble itself WILL have Clan mechs and will prefer using those in combat.
A separation is coming, though most likely it will only be for Community Warfare, where Inner Sphere units will drive Inner Sphere 'Mechs, and Clan units will drive Clan 'Mechs. You're correct that the competitive play will, in all likelihood, be ruled by Clan 'Mechs, and that is unfortunate.

#329 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

Does it let you know it a name has been taken? Just curious...

#330 Xavier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:00 AM

It would be really nice if there was a list somewhere of all the units that have been created!!!!!

#331 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:17 PM

View PostXavier, on 28 August 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

It would be really nice if there was a list somewhere of all the units that have been created!!!!!

http://mwomercs.com/...32#entry3668732

Note that the file is in Niko's trash, so it may not be available much longer and is likely out of date by now.

#332 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

Then there is this: Google Unit List Spread Sheet.

#333 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

View PostCimarb, on 30 August 2014 - 01:17 PM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...32#entry3668732

Note that the file is in Niko's trash, so it may not be available much longer and is likely out of date by now.

probably because there is no point in duplicate unit list.

#334 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:19 PM

Well, I gave the info I knew of - shoot me...

#335 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

View PostCimarb, on 30 August 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

Well, I gave the info I knew of - shoot me...

gold or silver bullet?

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 30 August 2014 - 03:24 PM.

#336 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:59 PM

For Cimarb, I think lead will do, but you better make it a .50 cal shot, hehe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users