Bug Report

8 replies to this topic

#1 Rokuzachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 511 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:24 PM

Still happening since forever. Happens in fullscreen and windowed on multi-monitor systems, on both my GeForce and ATI-equipped systems running Win7 and Win7 Pro.

Issue: Using your mouse to turn your mech's torso to its extremes and clicking to fire a weapon will cause the mouse cursor to click outside of the MWO client, thereby making it no longer the active window on the system, requiring you to alt+tab back to it. Have a browser, video, office document (whatever, it doesn't matter) open on another monitor and this will happen constantly.

This breaks gameplay for me multiple times in a single match. I literally can't brawl because every time I need to turn my torso to an extreme, I end up clicking outside of the client and not firing my weapons, and it gets me killed 99% of the time since I lose control of my mech for several seconds.

The only way to alleviate this problem is to have NO OTHER PROGRAMS RUNNING AT ALL on the system. Nothing. This is not a viable solution/workaround for obvious reasons. If one of your client engineers could look into this, that'd be great.

#2 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:53 AM

I agree!

#3 BladeXXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:56 PM

make sure you switched to fullscreen and NOT full windowed!

sometimes when you run flash in your browser (like youtube) while mwo is running this will break the walls of the gameframe and you have to restart mwo to fix the cursor lock

#4 Cest7

• Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:22 AM

Use Alt+Enter instead of Alt+Tab

#5 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:58 AM

I nearly died to this due to inadvertently clicking the skype thing I had open while I was playing with some friends. It was kind of funny, but also a bit annoying. Fortunately, that seems to have a very small hitbox (so to speak) so it only happened the once.

#6 DarkonFullPower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:54 AM

View PostTim East, on 25 June 2014 - 02:58 AM, said:

I nearly died to this due to inadvertently clicking the skype thing I had open while I was playing with some friends. It was kind of funny, but also a bit annoying. Fortunately, that seems to have a very small hitbox (so to speak) so it only happened the once.

And that is what Do Not Disturb is for. Click that and 99% of Skype problems for full screen games are gone.

#7 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:05 AM

I have two monitors (which is what I presume you're talking about?) and run MWO in Full Windowed

When you notice this happening (and haven't clicked yet, thus you are still in the MWO window) alt+tab out to the other screen, and with the cursor on the non-MWO screen, alt+tab back into MWO, fixes it for me

#8 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:53 PM

View PostDarkonFullPower, on 25 June 2014 - 05:54 AM, said:

And that is what Do Not Disturb is for. Click that and 99% of Skype problems for full screen games are gone.

But then I can't hear if someone else tries to get hold of me.

#9 DarkonFullPower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:59 PM

View PostTim East, on 25 June 2014 - 07:53 PM, said:

But then I can't hear if someone else tries to get hold of me.

You really don't have time to Alt-Tab out of this game mid-fight anyways. If you are waiting for someone to call you, playing a full-screen game is not a good idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users