No replies to this topic

#1 Panzerbjorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 152 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:42 AM

Tonight in a match in Alpine Peaks, I saw a lance of mechs coming at me from across the map. They were over 1,000m off and had no IFF markers on them, so I assumed they were enemies and started unloading volley after volley of PPC into them. After legging one and coring another, I finally started getting team messages asking why I'm TKing and threatening to kill me. Still no IFF indicator showing they are friendly, so I keep firing. I kill one and notice I got a TK, then realize they are on my team. This is a pretty serious issue since it led me to completely without knowing I was doing so, TK'd a friendly mech. Once they got within around 250m the IFF tags suddenly appeared.

I have seen other reports about this around my clan and on the forums, so I really hope this is on the bug pile slated to be fixed. It's an awful damn shame when the client does NOT report friendly units and leads to TKs like this.

Another thing that might help is an ability to zoom in/out the minimap so we can confirm whether a unit is friend or foe there - minimap only goes out a few hundred meters by default, which is NOT enough in some situations! (I also shouldn't have to open the Battlemap to get a wider view as it interrupts my play.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users