Ecm Trial Mech

4 replies to this topic

#1 Admiral Korean Jesus

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:08 AM

2 of me threads have been sunk with no explanation. I figure I'd make one and skip me nautical speak. Me inner sphere needs a trial ecm mech or Narc beacon will rule supreme against trials. Currently there is no way to counter ECM on Caustic Valley, Alpine and to a lesser extent Canyon.

#2 DeathlyEyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • 940 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMetaphorical Island somewhere in the Pacific

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:38 AM

I agree we need an ECM trial mech and here's why. I play in high ELO. If I want to invite a friend who I just got to install the game he really can't play with me and contribute. All the trial mechs don't really fit in with game play at the high ELO. The only one that remotely does is the Black Jack and even that can be a bit much for someone who just installed. If I stick him an ECM mech I can have him run around and give people an ECM bubble and if it's built like a traditional ECM spider with ER Large he can still poke and contribute.

Word of mouth is a great way to expand your game. It's much easier to get someone to contribute money if they play for free and have a positive experience and don't get destroyed. Playing in the solo queue isn't a great way to spread that feeling either. How great would it be of me to simply say, "hey try this game out but sorry I can't play with you until you save up money playing 25 matches to buy a mech you aren't really sure you will like." or "hey try this play for free game that you can grind good mechs out on but not with me so pay 30 dollars to get a good mech then you can play with me."

This game really isn't pay to win either. You can grind out good mechs for free. It's just hard for me to personally hold players attentions without giving them some specific roll they can fill.

#3 faultygear

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 14 posts
  • Locationnowhere interesting

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:51 AM

An ECM mech would make a welcome addition to the trial mechs, it would allow newer players to get used to running ecm, and keep them from getting LRM ***** in their earlier matches, which seems to be something that would turn a player off of the game.

#4 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:26 AM

If there is need for a permanent Trial ECM mech, isn't it time to admit that LRM's are a problem?

#5 SpDmnAdam

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:49 AM

To The Mods:
This thread needs to be moved to Features and suggestions as this is the totally wrong thread for this.

View PostMister D, on 15 July 2014 - 05:26 AM, said:

If there is need for a permanent Trial ECM mech, isn't it time to admit that LRM's are a problem?

LRMs are a problem because sometimes you get an entire team of them but, this is not about LRMS its about a Trial mech having ECM.

I would agree a trial with ECM could be helpfull even in the group drops as if a group wants ecm someone can just grab a trial ECM mech. Issue being that only 2 mechs currenty come with ECM stock and Trial mechs are essentially stock but as of late they have been exclusively Champion mechs. It would seem then thatPGI would have to create a champion mech with ECM using similar processes they used to create the current champion mechs.

I would vote that if they create a ecm champion mech that the mech is Not one of those ER Large lights which don't offer any ecm support to their team (usually) but use ecm to hide and snipe for their own benefit and damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users