#1 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in a F14-Tomcat

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:30 AM

Posted Image

We are the 1st Alphard Legionnaires. We were forged to heed the call of the Marian Hegemony to serve them as their loyal mercenary guards. We protect that which is sacred to us and the Hegemony.

We protect. We serve. We do not falter or wither. We are: the 1st Alphard Legionnaires.
/End Anonymous-esque intro

Greetings fellow Mechwarriors! I have come with an urgent message from the Marian Hegemony. As the leader of this elite group of mercenaries, I am pleased to announce that we are now openly recruiting people of all skill levels, age (as long as you are mature), time played, lore knowledge and even gender. We are an open community of players whose ideal gameplay is to be able to run whatever you feel comfortable running in and knowing that others will accept you for who you are without someone objecting otherwise.

However, this does not come without a few restrictions. We have a few basic things that pilots who decide to join our cause must be willing to accept and follow.
  • Keep complaining about matches, MWO, PGI, and anything else game related to a reasonable amount

• If you are a new pilot to the MWO universe, or Mechwarrior in general, you must be able to accept more experienced players to offer you advice and consider their suggestions if it is polite and constructive. (After all, if everyone can play MWO successfully, it is more fun for everyone, right? ;) )

• Be kind to other players both in our unit and those we encounter both on and off the game

• You work well with others

• You are okay with taking various orders from a fellow Alphardian such as "Move to D4", "Focus fire on Echo(E)", or "Return to base"

• If you are going to be away from MWO or a computer for more than two weeks, please give at least a 1 day notice to a Unit Leader or a fellow Alphardian

• Our team colors are not mandatory, but are recommended

• Our practices are not mandatory for now but are highly recommended to those willing to increase their skills or to get to know others in the group

• Will be willing to engage in Community Warfare alongside us when it arrives

• Remember to have fun! :lol:
Now then, on to the fun stuff. Here at the 1st Alphard Legionnaires, we believe that communication is vital for success in any scenario, so we have a teamspeak that we use. You can find our location over at:

---address: voip01.n1585.hypernia.net:9992
---password: mechwarrior

You can find our "1st Alphard Legionnaires" section by looking under the "Sponsored Units" section on the teamspeak list.

As for our practices, despite them being not mandatory for now, we have made the practice times in a way that suits all 4 timezones of the USA as well as those who live in the UK (Yes, we accept EU/AU players as well)

To wrap things up nicely, we believe in teamwork, coordination, and focus. WE accomplish all of these things without ruining the fun for people as what is the point of playing a game if it is no longer fun?

Apply today over at our website: http://1stalphard.enjin.com and fill out all the questions on the application if possible or PM me here on the forums with any questions you may have.

See you all on the battlefield! ~Dangerzone

Edited by dangerzone, 11 August 2014 - 12:28 PM.

#2 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

Updated with proper contact info.

#3 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:35 AM

Fixed typos. I hate typos :(

#4 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:33 PM

Greetings all, I am our sole PR guy, so here I am letting you know we are well underway with preprations for new recruits, so feel free to PM me if you feel that our organization of stompy-bot pilots is right for you! I am here to answer questions and concerns you may or may not have.

No really, I'm here. All the time. (I need friends). hehe ;)

#5 GunnyKintaro 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:31 PM

Welcome ! ;)

#6 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:46 AM

Thank you, Clanner. Nice to know some Clanners are respectful towards us Freebirths. ;)

#7 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:55 AM

Updated a couple rules to adhere better to our standards. A couple of them sounded a bit too over-bearing and harsh they way they were worded.

Also, as for non-mandatory practices, we have a change in them now. They are now considered, what we like to call, Semi-Mandatory.

It means that if you are unable to get on Teamspeak during practice time due to work, college, family, etc you are exempt from practice.

However, if you DO come on Teamspeak to play a game and it happens to be practice time, then you should do at least three drops for practice night. Even if you are dropping solo, then so be it. You can learn valuable skillsets you can not learn playing in a premade.

Speaking of practice times, here is our schedule for those that are interested:
Sunday: Free Play (play whenever/whatever you want)

Monday: Free Play

Tuesday: 7pm to 9:30pm EST

Wednesday: 7pm to 9:30pm EST

Thursday: Free Play

Friday: 8pm to 10:30pm EST

Saturday: 2pm to 5pm EST, 8pm to 10pm EST and 2am to 4am EST (You can either choose to go to all three practices or just one or two)

Note: The third practice is for those who come on very late due to 3rd shift work or other reasons

~Dangerzone

Edited by dangerzone, 05 August 2014 - 08:57 AM.

#8 Davoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 618 posts
  • LocationFending off an entire RCT of Cappellans with a lance of Atlai

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:41 PM

Hey there! Legatus Davoke here! As DZ here has probably said, we're looking for a few good pilots with loose morals, willing to kill for c-bills and fight to win, by any means necessary. Join us anytime!

#9 Davoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 618 posts
  • LocationFending off an entire RCT of Cappellans with a lance of Atlai

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:50 AM

Feel free to drop on in and join us for some drops anytime! We're always on the lookout for new members!

#10 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:28 PM

Salutations everyone! We have a new website which is a lot more user friendly. The application form is completed, and the forums and the rest will follow suit. For now, our new URL is http://1stalphard.en...com/recruitment

#11 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:02 PM

Greetings, mechwarriors of the inner sphere. We are the 1st Alphard Legionnaires. We hail from the great periphery world, Alphard. We live to serve them as their loyal mercenary unit. However, as you can imagine, protecting an entire periphery nation is hard work.

So here we are, welcoming pilots of all seasonings (play time of course, not paprika/pepper), skillsets, specialties, etc. We have a handy dandy website for you to apply on. Check us out over at http://1stalphard.enjin.com

We consider ourselves semi-casual as in we utilize teamwork, comms and tactics while still providing an fun time for all ages. How do we manage to do that? Find out for yourself over on NGNG's teamspeak server!
address: voip01.n1585.hypernia.net:9992
password: mechwarrior

Look for a main channel called, "1st alphard legionnaires" We tend to be more active at evening to night.

See you all on the field! ~Dangerzone

#12 ForceCommanderHairg3l

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:07 PM

Greetings fellow future Alphards, I hope that reading this has been enjoyable but now to the meat of the unit, I am Qwert im usually in the AFK room but if i see you i will popup and come say hi, Im a fan of Warhammer 40K, and im an assault pilot(we need those) so if you want to come and join then do so, but please be mature and dont talk alot of **** about other members in the unit, we also have a facebook page and a website

Edited by qwertocunis, 14 December 2014 - 05:14 PM.

#13 NuclearKnight

Rookie

• Stone Cold
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:10 PM

We a dope unit and we do dope stuff

#14 ForceCommanderHairg3l

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:15 PM

View PostNuclearKnight, on 14 December 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

We a dope unit and we do dope stuff

well you could say that

#15 CaptOven

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:51 AM

Just pointing out that as a UK player I'm always looking for other UK and EU players so I can group play almost all day. As it is I'm a professional bum so staying up till 3 or 4 am isn't too bad to group up with the US lot :P

BTW Querty where can I get the awesome banner in under your post ;)

Edited by CaptOven, 15 December 2014 - 09:52 AM.

#16 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:21 AM

View PostCaptOven, on 15 December 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

Just pointing out that as a UK player I'm always looking for other UK and EU players so I can group play almost all day. As it is I'm a professional bum so staying up till 3 or 4 am isn't too bad to group up with the US lot :P

BTW Querty where can I get the awesome banner in under your post ;)

Just got pinged on my email someone replied to this thread. CaptOven, I'll PM you the link for the official 1AL banner here on the mwomercs.com forums.

#17 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 12:56 PM

Salutations everyone! If you are looking for a semi-casual clanner group to join, we're here! We're a merc corp that fights for who pays us, and ghostbear loves to pay us.

PM me for more info on who we are, or refer to our earlier/first post for more info on who we are!

#18 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:07 PM

Greetings from Comstar Irregulars. Thanks for joining us today, it was great to have you on the team.

#19 NuclearKnight

Rookie

• Stone Cold
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 08:29 PM

Bumping the thread of my own free will

#20 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:40 PM

View PostIhasa, on 27 December 2014 - 06:07 PM, said:

Greetings from Comstar Irregulars. Thanks for joining us today, it was great to have you on the team.

Yes, indeed it was. Hopefully we can run into each other again sometime.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users