First Ever Installation Servers Currently Unavailable Undergoing Maintenance Error

20 replies to this topic

#1 Drogar

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:26 AM

I recently heard about the game from a friend. Downloaded from the website https://mwomercs.com/game/download and installed the .exe however when trying to run the game/launcher it simply says servers 'unavalible currently undergoing maintance'.

Having checked the server status this proved not to be the case. Rebooted and redownloaded/reinstalled nothing changed... still the same error.

Hardware or internet connection is not the problem as all other games and applications can run and access internet perfectly. Please advise.

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:50 AM

Change your DNS (at least until you have the patch complete). Most games don't use DNS. I'll see if I can find the official posts regarding the issue, but long story short, swap to google's free DNS for a little while and try again.

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 15 July 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

Hi there!

We are currently looking into a resolution to the issue which is preventing some players from accessing the game.

Our quick-fix to offer all players is to try switching to Google's Public DNS for your connection:
https://developers.g...-dns/docs/using

If the DNS still does not work, then please do the following:
  • Windows Key + R to open Run...
  • Run 'CMD'
  • In the console, type 'ipconfig /flushdns'
  • Hit Enter
It is highly recommended that you perform a full power cycle on both your PC and router. This should involve disconnecting the power supply to the router for at least a minute. If your router happens have a backup battery within, it may be necessary to remove this to facilitate the reboot.

If this still does not resolve your issue, please contact us at Support@mwomercs.com.

Please also keep in mind that these issues are predominantly related with how your ISP or router is handling DNS caching rules. This is a not an issue we can resolve ourselves and must be addressed through your ISP if it is a consistent issue affecting your web service.

Edited by Redshift2k5, 16 July 2014 - 04:52 AM.

#3 Lucas Dagger

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

Im having the same problem and I tryed doing the fix but its still not working.

Edited by kauky shadinkle, 09 August 2014 - 06:29 PM.

#4 Alex57

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:13 AM

There do not seem to care about the problem ;)

#5 DocSnuggles

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:03 AM

I have the same problem, i tried the dns flush and the dns setting, i still get the same error message :ph34r:
My brother who is connected via the same router can play just fine, i tried and disabled the firewall but that did not help either.

What now?

#6 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:03 AM

Greetings all,

Reference the 'Servers being down'

Go to your install directory for MWO, within the Bin32 folder there should be MWORepairTool.exe.

Use it and allow it to 'update the items required', that should fix your problems and get you into the game.

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 24 August 2014 - 09:03 AM.

#7 DocSnuggles

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:35 AM

My Repair tool only has the following options to choose:

-Two-way consolidation
-Clean shaders
-Clean downloaded FE data
-Clean profile
-Delete systemoverride.cfg

MWO Repair Tool v1.2.3.0

#8 Lucas Dagger

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:21 PM

Repair tool still didn't fix it.

#9 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:43 PM

I'm also having this problem. I downloaded the latest version of the Repair Tool, but every time I try and run it, it gets to the "Fix Problems" stage and after I click the green button I get the following error. Any ideas?

MWORepairTool has stopped working.

Windows can check online for a solution and close the problem.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: mworepairtool.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.1.3.0
Problem Signature 03: 518167cc
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.18444
Problem Signature 06: 52717edc
Problem Signature 07: 442a
Problem Signature 08: 1f4
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.IOException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

#10 AVABOBAH

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:08 AM

All advices are useless. It seems that this problem cannot be solved. I thought PGI working on this, but they say - "This is a not an issue we can resolve ourselves".
Too bad, but i must take my friends from this game to another project.

#11 Tbor

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationHagatna, Guam USA

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:13 AM

I'm getting the same "server undergoing maintenance" error too, since Friday Aug. 29, 2014. I tried the repair tool that is in the MWO folder, it had errors and was able to fix it, but still can't get in. I also tried the Google Public DNS IP address and no luck. Sent out a ticket on the issue and receive a response from Nikolai, he gave me a link to this repair tool, http://mwomercs.com/...public-release/, but when I launch it, it too give me the "server undergoing maintenance" error. Responded to Nikolai's email stating the issue, but so far he has NOT replied, can anybody help me with this. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Tbor, 03 September 2014 - 01:51 PM.

#12 Clit Beastwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,262 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:02 PM

View PostTbor, on 02 September 2014 - 02:13 AM, said:

I'm getting the same "server undergoing maintenance" error too, since Friday Aug. 29, 2014. I tried the repair tool that is in the MWO folder, it had errors and was able to fix it, but still can't get in. I also tried the Google Public DNS IP address and no luck. Sent out a ticket on the issue and receive a response from Nikolai, he gave me a link to this repair tool, http://mwomercs.com/...public-release/, but when I launch it, it too give me the "server undergoing maintenance" error. Responded to Nikolai's email stating the issue, but so far he has replied, can anybody help me with this. Thanks in advance.

I had the same issue last night - I deleted all the cfg files (systemoverride, etc.) from the root game folder, then ran the repair tool. That took care of the issue for me. Previously when I had this issue, connecting the computer to the modem and manually setting the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 (google) resolved it, but that was an old DNS propagation issue. Feel free to reply here and I'll provide what help I can until you get a response from PGI support.

#13 Tbor

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:53 AM

Thanks Fierostetz, it worked as you suggested!

#14 Tbor

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:33 AM

Hi Fierostetz,, well it work last night and tonight its back to same old error. I'll just have to wait for Friday's patch for the fix on these DNS errors. I have not gotten any replies from the support team yet.

#15 Calamitous Intent

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:04 PM

I started seeing this error after the patch today. None of the suggested fixes in this thread work for me either.

#16 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:33 PM

Same thing here. Full repair tool, twice: flushed DNS, did https://developers.g...-dns/docs/using, ran virus scan, completely shut down computer and unplugged router and modem for a period of time to reset all that stuff, Game worked early 9/9 morning, failed to launch after the patch with pop up box 'servers currently undergoing...' Ran out of stuff to try other than a full reinstall, and it takes many hours to download this darned game.

Sending in a ticket, but will follow this thread as well.

#17 Octantis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 129 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:55 AM

+1 for me. Started happening last night. So far nothing in this thread seems to be helping. Sent a message to support as well.

#18 Phucko

Rookie

• Liquid Metal
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:29 AM

Started happening to me yesterday. Uninstalled game, removed all traces of it. Unplugged modem, rebooted PC. PC came back up and same error. Dl'd the repair tool and it gives the same damn error. Servers currently unavailable undergoing maintenance.

What gives? I've spent more money on this game than any other game I've ever played. I'd expect to be able to play it. I've entered a ticket and am awaiting a reply.

Forgot to add that I tried multiple DNS servers so it's not a local DNS issue.

Edited by Phucko, 10 September 2014 - 11:44 AM.

#19 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:17 PM

We moved this thread to patch feedback, as at least for the last four of us, this has been happening SINCE this latest patch and seems like an appropriate place.

http://mwomercs.com/...ng-maintenance/

#20 Phucko

Rookie

• Liquid Metal
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:36 PM

I wanted to add that this is on a Windows 8 64bit machine and also on a Windows 7 laptop using the same connection. I'd create a ticket but the site isn't working properly and I can't choose a category.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users