#21 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

Like it!

On situational Awareness, there is another part to it.

Anticipation of the enemy team movements.
Most of your force has fixed a large amount of the other team in one spot and both sides may be there for a while taking pot shots at each other. Which way will they go. One other factor is which mechs will go there to either neutralize the flankers or just turn them around.

When to charge.
Say I am working with 3 other players in brawling mechs and I have a Jagger A loaded with missiles MG's, TAG and one ML. Near the end of the match I just might have the most armor of any of the mechs in the battle and have to make a decision. Charge and let the team use my armor as cover or run and hide and hope the rest of the team can survive. Just charging bypassing the first mech and going to the second or third mech I can cause the other team to turn around and let my team attack unmolested.

There are some things that you just have to guess right in this game, but knowing where you are, team, location and type of enemy mechs and who is missing can allow you to make great decisions. Two weeks ago I did that, and with just a battlemaster I took out and atlas, orion, wang and a dragon slayer. I set up on a long sight line on terra therma just north of the caldera and just let them have it. There were strongly worded LRM remarks due to that incident. order of targets, Wang first due to speed, Orion due to LRMs, Dragon Slayer for hitting me with PPC's and AC's. Now the atlas was a DDC, so I had TAG. After this was done the rest of the team forced out the side and pushed the remaining enemy team into me and two light mechs that did come over to see what I was firing at. I still only got 4 kills that match and still had Missiles left.

#22 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

Usually, it's best not to think of things in terms of "charge, or not." Rather, view your armor as a resource, and balance exposure to damage against the benefits of dealing damage - or holding the enemy's attention.

#23 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:59 AM

And for Frack's sake new guys, disable arm lock. It's painful seeing a trial Boomjack get wasted because he couldn't aim up and put an AC/20 through a guy he has dead to rights.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users