46 replies to this topic

#41 n r g

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 816 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

View PostCaptainAceMaverick, on 23 July 2014 - 02:43 AM, said:

I just got back into the game and bought a dragon slayer at a friends recommendation. I tried a AC5 PPC poptart build , however this thing now takes off like a house, can any one suggest any decent builds post JJ nerf.

It's still doable, you just need to drop the engine. Or you can use 2ppc and guass as someone has stated.

The problem is, even if you get 4JJ with your desired loadout, the JJ's add heat, which isn't really the issue , but what is, is the fact that every time you jump, NO HEAT WILL DISSIPATE, so if you have a heat bar at 40% and jump, it will stay at 40% and add the 30%~ of heat from your alpha and thus you will be at 70%, and again, if you jump you will shutdown.

So once again, the real fallacy with the JJ's IMO isn't the head added, it's the fact that heat does not DISSPATE while holding the JJ, which causes the heat to exponentially start to compound on itself. So even if you have 4JJ, you will have to completely limit your Jump sniping in game, which leads the questioning as to whether the wasted tonnage on 4JJ is even warranted.....

Thank you.

#42 POOTYTANGASAUR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 595 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:32 PM

Ctf-3d with both ppcs and ac5s on right side is basically the same in performance. You don't actually sacrifice much armor, the weapons are just as high mounted, speed is same or better, torso twist is better, JJ is better, only downside IMO is I don't usually have the space for the extra dhs I want. I love my d slayer with 1 uac5, 1 ac5, 2 ppcs, 3 jjs, ams, 13 dhs, 3 tons uac5 ammo, 2 tons ac ammo, max armor except legs, and shield arm is almost bare. Great build, won't be changing for a while.

Edited by POOTYTANGASAUR, 28 July 2014 - 07:34 PM.

#43 OuttaAmmo NoWai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 229 posts
  • LocationNot at a macbook

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:59 PM

You can still full alpha by peeking around a corner. The JJ nerf only takes away one of the DS's many versatile means of attack. Still one of the best IS mechs imo

#44 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:05 AM

View PostHammerhai, on 23 July 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

And like I said: Go drive a Jenner. If you cry a lot, go back to poptarting. Enjoy your frontload pinpoint damage which you love so much, sir. And which ruins the game for many.

Don't you say that!
It's awesome to go against a team with one or more DW's with 2 C-GAUSS + 3 C-ER-PPCs... Frontload pinpoint damage? You sir, are mad!

Hey PGI, I've got an idea. How about making it possible to increase the FL dmg? I mean, only 60 each alpha... c'mon...

OT: People could start using the VTR for brawling.. but it has been tailored more for pop-tarting anyway... would be hard to move in another direction other than the "designated" one...

Edited by FlipOver, 29 July 2014 - 01:06 AM.

#45 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:17 AM

I'm somewhat surprised that you guys advertise poptarting (JJ use ?!??) with Gauss ( most awkward wpn in game ?!???) at the curent state of the game to a seemingly less experienced player.

I'm not saying aim and shoot while jumping is the epitome of skill, but doing so AND beeing an asset to your team instead of a liability IS dificult with this strategie at the moment.
Why ? Its a highly selfish strategie. As high frontload/ low dps / low dmg soaking player you are very much tempted to take advantage of already damaged enemys to finish them of.
An other reason why this strategie is highly arguable is simply because you are driving an Assault Mech ( Assault slot taken ) and you do hillarious low dps while taking low to none dmg.
Banshee, Atlas or Direwolf would be worth the slot and Victor isn't.

#46 Xanezz

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:47 AM

View PostFlipOver, on 29 July 2014 - 01:05 AM, said:

OT: People could start using the VTR for brawling.. but it has been tailored more for pop-tarting anyway... would be hard to move in another direction other than the "designated" one...

Funny you should say that:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Victor

TheVictor approaches the concept of support in an unorthodox way for a 'Mech of its weight class. While only possessing a ground speed of 64.8 km/h, theVictor achieves a high degree of mobility instead through the use of four jump jets, allowing it to jump up to one hundred and twenty meters. AVictor can therefore "support" friendly units by jumping directly into the fray and bringing its deadly close range arsenal to bear, an ability which can surprise inexperienced Mechwarriors and prove advantageous in mountainous terrain
(PS, I know that post was sarcastic, I'd just like to point out how people bend the rules of this game to fit a playstyle that was never intended in TT or this game)

I'd just like to point out that everyone in this thread acting like poptarting is the essence of skill disgusts me. Same goes for double gauss 2 ppc Dire Wolves. I sincerely hope that PGI squashes this like they did pop tarting, it's essentially the same bullshit again.

Just an actual question, I'm curious: how often have you all been in an actual brawl in your Assault? You know, with weapons that actually lend themselves better to brawling, like lasers? Is pop tarting really more fun to you than a good old brawl?

Edited by Xanezz, 29 July 2014 - 01:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users